Most memorable game?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Most memorable game?

Post by Orange and Brown »

What is the most memorable high school football game and why?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LHS 72
S

Re: Most memorable game?

Post by LHS 72 »

Logan beating Ironton in 1971 like a red headed stepchild, which they return the favor a few times also!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Mine was back in the early 60s against Gallipolis. Last league game and both undefeated.Don't know what the score was at the time, but it was early in the game. There was a fight on the field and the refs kicked Gallipolis' star LB out. It seemed like it took the life out of Gallia and the final score was 56/06. It was a shocking score when both teams were undefeated.

Now that is how I remember it.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

both ironton's state title games they won.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and as much as the burg likes to talk smack about us.which is very true here last several years. we still have twice as many state football titles as they do.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:and as much as the burg likes to talk smack about us.which is very true here last several years. we still have twice as many state football titles as they do.
I was actually curious and you might know Bait so I'll ask you. How many state titles does Ironton have in all team sports?

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that I ain't sure of I know they have some in golf, 1 in baseball. i'll try to find out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the burg remark was just goofin with my ole down the river buddies in orange who have owned us fighting tigers lately.hope to sink that pirate ship this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I do know ironton has been in like 8 maybe 9 state championship football games. don't quote me on that it could just as easily be 7. I'm thinking one time I either hear 8/9. a few years back in boys basketball they lost a state game in roundball to oj mayo's crew. and the girls basketball team lost in their state championship game this winter. baseball was in 72 they won state. and 79/89 in football. not sure on golf but fairly recent.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Athens v. St. Francis DeSales, 2014

Joe Burrow puts on a show to remember for all of Southeast Ohio to see.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

formerfcfan wrote:Athens v. St. Francis DeSales, 2014

Joe Burrow puts on a show to remember for all of Southeast Ohio to see.
That was a game

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

If not counting Burrow probably 2011 9-0 Athens vs 9-0 Nelsonville York or 2003 Athens vs Jackson. Grant Gregory was a man. Probably the single greatest season I've ever seen.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Every game I watch any of my sons play in is my most memorable.

Beats any game I ever suited up for hands down.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I HAVE TO AGREE ABE, THOUGH THEM DAYS ARE LONG BEHIND ME AS WELL. IT WAS SPECIAL.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Abe Froman wrote:Every game I watch any of my sons play in is my most memorable.

Beats any game I ever suited up for hands down.

That's something special :)
Enjoy it!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

For old Waverly fans, there are two games that stand out. Game one was in 1968 when the Tigers ended Portsmouth Notre Dame's 30 something game win streak 8-0 at Radiger Field. Game two would be the 14-14 tie against Jackson in the 1969 finale, where both teams entered play undefeated.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Too hard to decide between 2. One being maybe 2007 Burg @ Portsmouth, close the whole game, Burg had the ball with maybe a minute or so left, instead of taking a knee they ran it, fumbled and Portsmouth recovered. With single digits on the clock Portsmouth throws a pass to the back of the end zone for the tight end for the go ahead game winning touchdown. The second would be the first game at the new stadium against West, Portsmouth won 20-19.

Who Dey!
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Mine is New Lex vs Morgan. Brady Harrison from Morgan was an awesome QB. During warm ups he stood at the 50 and just effortlessly put balls on a dime in the end zone. During the game he threw for 507 yards. Problem for him was, Drew Cannon was on the other side for New Lex and he ran for 427 yards. He was completely gassed late in the game and yet still kept just running and running. I can't remember the score... I wish I could but it was obviously very high scoring. Both Harrison and Cannon's games are still in the top 20 for single game performances in OHSAA history!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

besides the 2 state championship wins for ironton my next one would have to be when the number 3 team in the country came to ironton washington dc archbishop high school, I believe was the name. and left with a loss to the fighting tigers. those kids were enourmous, but undisciplined and it cost them. after that it has to be the ironton/cape game in the muddy tanks memorial stadium, that game was nuts.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and knocking off Youngstown cardinal mooney in Zanesville in 99 in the 2 team's only meeting.how many teams can say they have a winning record over mooney ironton's size. albeit 1 game.

Return to “Football”