Knipp back in at Rock Hill

SportFan2013
Waterboy

Knipp back in at Rock Hill

Post by SportFan2013 »

The board voted to make Knipp the head coach at Rock Hill again tonight.

Thoughts?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Knipp back in at Rock Hill

Post by Omega »

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. ---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIHJ9RMAVGI

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Buckeye77
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye77 »

Unreal - Good Luck!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Sounds like everybody was stirred up since most supplemental contracts are renewed annual!

john72
Waterboy

Post by john72 »

Same ol rock hill, I feel sorry for football program I guess they like losing, and they will say they have turned it around but if I played most of the small schools, that's not turning it around that's just beating who you should! they get rid of the wheelersburgs, Portsmouth west, and schedule the small schools whats that do for you? Has for the board I would not vote for one single member, let someone else come crawling back begging for there job would they get it? You get what you deserve, I for one would not go to any football games there! Keep all the good ol boys! and play all the schools of the little leagues and say we have turned it around! shame on the board!

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

[quote="john72"]Same ol rock hill, I feel sorry for football program I guess they like losing, and they will say they have turned it around but if I played most of the small schools, that's not turning it around that's just beating who you should! they get rid of the wheelersburgs, Portsmouth west, and schedule the small schools whats that do for you? Has for the board I would not vote for one single member, let someone else come crawling back begging for there job would they get it? You get what you deserve, I for one would not go to any football games there! Keep all the good ol boys! and play all the schools of the little leagues and say we have turned it around! shame on

What small schools? You're high.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

john72 wrote:Same ol rock hill, I feel sorry for football program I guess they like losing, and they will say they have turned it around but if I played most of the small schools, that's not turning it around that's just beating who you should! they get rid of the wheelersburgs, Portsmouth west, and schedule the small schools whats that do for you? Has for the board I would not vote for one single member, let someone else come crawling back begging for there job would they get it? You get what you deserve, I for one would not go to any football games there! Keep all the good ol boys! and play all the schools of the little leagues and say we have turned it around! shame on the board!
hope you don't come to any games,and for playing burg,ports west you cant play them if they don't have open dates and with added teams to ovc you don't have a lot of dates left

You can't handle the truth
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Still doesn't change the attitude of some parents and players. Who expect their kid to play without putting out the effort to earn starting. The culture needs to change at RH before any team/sport can win year in year out. Maybe the people complaining might bring them together. Time will tell. The school board not getting their way may help to loosen the control over the control of the team. Would be nice if all area football teams were strong every year. Good luck

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

farmer wrote:Still doesn't change the attitude of some parents and players. Who expect their kid to play without putting out the effort to earn starting. The culture needs to change at RH before any team/sport can win year in year out. Maybe the people complaining might bring them together. Time will tell. The school board not getting their way may help to loosen the control over the control of the team. Would be nice if all area football teams were strong every year. Good luck
Your right until parents and the people at RH start going to games and quit saying they wont go which hurts the kids not the coach,the fans started going last yr , need to go for the kids and school

john72
Waterboy

Post by john72 »

Rock hill was the one that droped burg, before the o.v.c. expanded and added ports. east. notre dame, last I looked they were smaller than rock hill. but if you like losing I guess your satisfied ! maybe st. joe will start a team with 15 boys and you MIGHT beat them! that's who they like to play look who the played last yr a team that never had football before, but rock hill put them on! The mind set as to change, if you hire a history teacher and he teaches you about life but you don't learn nothing about history, do you keep him? He is hired to have a winning team to, so if he doesn't do is job and win do you keep him? I guess only at good ol rock hill!

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

john72 wrote:Rock hill was the one that droped burg, before the o.v.c. expanded and added ports. east. notre dame, last I looked they were smaller than rock hill. but if you like losing I guess your satisfied ! maybe st. joe will start a team with 15 boys and you MIGHT beat them! that's who they like to play look who the played last yr a team that never had football before, but rock hill put them on! The mind set as to change, if you hire a history teacher and he teaches you about life but you don't learn nothing about history, do you keep him? He is hired to have a winning team to, so if he doesn't do is job and win do you keep him? I guess only at good ol rock hill!
You sound so angry john72 ;)

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

john72 wrote:Rock hill was the one that droped burg, before the o.v.c. expanded and added ports. east. notre dame, last I looked they were smaller than rock hill. but if you like losing I guess your satisfied ! maybe st. joe will start a team with 15 boys and you MIGHT beat them! that's who they like to play look who the played last yr a team that never had football before, but rock hill put them on! The mind set as to change, if you hire a history teacher and he teaches you about life but you don't learn nothing about history, do you keep him? He is hired to have a winning team to, so if he doesn't do is job and win do you keep him? I guess only at good ol rock hill!
your one of the reason why RH is the way it is, must be a JR high parent, and who did they play that never had football :roll:

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

gametime wrote:

Okay: First, we have not played Notre Dame in years and years. Second the team that canceled on us last year, St.Windelon(spelling?) had a football team (20 players or so ) in all years prior, when they canceled on us it was due to injuries. It is easy to sit on the outside and state your inaccurate information and opinions, which you have that right. However, you only reinforce anger and poor attitudes towards our program. This apathetic attitude (which is not community wide) has been a barrier to our program for many years. Do you think for a second that Todd and his staff have not accepted responsibility for loss? They have! Yet, they are also talented coaches who continue to regroup and make adjustments as needed. There is much more to coaching than xo's. I have been around RH football for two decades and have seen alot. I have also had a player(s) in the program and noone wants to hear what he/they or the coaches face. What about the parent, who tells the coach not to yell at his kid for initiating a fight: what about the kid who calls another player on the opposing team a "n..." and when the coach addresses it, the player walks off and quits.. what about the mutiple parents who badmouth the coaching staff on social media and then expect their kids to respect them. What about players missing multiple days in official practice when all the other young men are there, and the parents get mad when they feel the kid should be playing more! Yet, people will see this as blaming the kids. In no way, is this the case! This falls on the parents. My student athlete is expected to attend summer workouts, he will not or would not miss! He will not disrespect his coaches, and my family will not bad mouth these men in any content. My student athletes will extend this to all sports. The past two years have been fun to watch. If you have ever seen thier heart and passion you would not disrespect their work by your ridiculous posts. Go ahead and hate Todd and Bob, you will find any reason to anyway. But, at least me adult enough to recognize that this team stood up for this staff and that should say enough!

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

No Wonder Why A Lot Of People That I Have Went To School With At RH Choose To Send Their Kids To Ironton. As I Looked Around This Past Year At The Ironton Fans I Saw MANY Familiar Faces That I Have Graduated With Back At RH.
THINGS WILL NEVER CHANGE AT MY DEAR ROCK HILL......SAME OLE COACHES = SAME RESULTS!!!
GO BIG I......LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

REDMEN95 wrote:No Wonder Why A Lot Of People That I Have Went To School With At RH Choose To Send Their Kids To Ironton. As I Looked Around This Past Year At The Ironton Fans I Saw MANY Familiar Faces That I Have Graduated With Back At RH.
THINGS WILL NEVER CHANGE AT MY DEAR ROCK HILL......SAME OLE COACHES = SAME RESULTS!!!
Hopefully, with your great observation at the Ironton games, you will just keep attending Ironton games! No need for you at RH. BTW, I wonder if you cheered for Ironton or RH? Keep in mind, there are Ironton posts that you can contribute to ;)

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

redmanfan wrote:
REDMEN95 wrote:No Wonder Why A Lot Of People That I Have Went To School With At RH Choose To Send Their Kids To Ironton. As I Looked Around This Past Year At The Ironton Fans I Saw MANY Familiar Faces That I Have Graduated With Back At RH.
Hopefully, with your great observation at the Ironton games, you will just keep attending Ironton games! No need for you at RH. BTW, I wonder if you cheered for Ironton or RH? Keep in mind, there are Ironton posts that you can contribute to ;)
Actually Hard To Miss All The Familiar Faces.....So Many...LOL
Only Thing Thats Being Played At RH Is Politics And Many People Are Getting Tired Of It!!
But If You Like Being the Doormat Of Lawrence County Keep The Course!!!

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

REDMEN95 wrote:
redmanfan wrote:
Actually Hard To Miss All The Familiar Faces.....So Many...LOL
Only Thing Thats Being Played At RH Is Politics And Many People Are Getting Tired Of It!!
But If You Like Being the Doormat Of Lawrence County Keep The Course!!!
I just assumed with your rambling posts that had little validity, that you must have been observing the crowd :D
If people were tired they would have stepped up but they didn't:) The fact is this: the "loud" people are few and the support of this staff are many .No politics! 2 board members changed their vote after the team and community spoke up. redman95, you are far more a doormat than I will ever be.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

More than welcome to go to ironton don't need your kind at the Hill

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Is it really better to go to Ironton now? They are in as much disarray as Rock Hill.
Actually with Lutz gone now is a great opportunity for Rock Hill and Coal Grove. If they show improvement they can keep the kids home.
The first year Lutz came back to Ironton was the last good team Rock Hill had and that was because several Ironton starters came home to Rock Hill. They were upset at Triplett because he wasn't Bob Lutz. After they transferred, Lutz came back or they never would've left.

As far as last year's team being good. No, but they did improve. Last year had more to do with scheduling and a very weak OVC. Knipp has won at Rock Hill and he can win again IF he has the players and the community behind him. He's just as good as retreading another coach imo.

Banned4ever
Waterboy

Post by Banned4ever »

I predict a movie will be made someday about Rock Hill football. Imagine this:
The scene opens with the interior of the Rock Hill dressing room. The players, seated with blankets draped over their shoulders, are dejected and silent. The door pushes open and Coach Knipp is wheeled in. They look at Coach (played by Pat O'Brien) in mute apology, then guiltily away, as if to avoid his eyes. His dark-circled eyes range over the players for a full moment of unbroken silence. Then, quietly, as if the game didn't matter to him:

KNIPP: Well, boys ... I haven't a thing to say. Played a great game...all of you. Great game.

(He tries to smile.) I guess we just can't expect to win ‘em all. (Knit pauses and says quietly). I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years -- None of you ever knew Coach Knipp. It was long before your time. But you know what a tradition he is at Rock Hill...

(There is gentle, faraway look in his eyes as he recalls the boy's words). And the last thing he said to me -- "Coach," he said - "sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Knipper...

(Coach's eyes become misty and his voice is unsteady as he finishes). I don't know where I'll be then, Coach", he said - "but I'll know about it - and I'll be happy."

There is a hushed stillness as Coach and the crowd of boys look at each other. In the midst of this tense silence, Coach quietly says "Alright," to the men beside him, and his chair is wheeled slowly out of the dressing room.

PLAYER # 12: Well, what are we waiting for?

With a single roar, the players throw off their blankets and rush through the doorway.

Return to “Football”