High School Stadium Bucket List

bbn77
All Conference

High School Stadium Bucket List

Post by bbn77 »

So far I have had the chance to watch games at..
Chesapeake
South Point
Fairland
Portsmouth
Rock Hill
Ironton
Gallipolis
Warren
Marietta
Zane Trace
Wheelersburg
Minford
Oak Hill
Portsmouth West
Logan
Alexander
Coal Grove
Lucasville Valley
St. Clairsville

The two stadiums I definitely want to visit are Boston Field in NY and Holzer Field in Jackson. Can any other posters suggest a few? Preferably in SE region.

ROLL PEAKE
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: High School Stadium Bucket List

Post by Orange and Brown »

Steubenville and Wheelersburg are 2 of my favorites.

Haven't had a chance to watch a game at Portsmouth yet so hopefully I'll do that soon.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

New Lex and Amanda

I personally want to see a game in Portsmouth's Spartan Stadium.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

formerfcfan wrote:New Lex and Amanda

I personally want to see a game in Portsmouth's Spartan Stadium.
I've seen a couple semi pro games their and it's pretty rundown at this point.

Hopefully someday someone or a group of people can put some serious money into it.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County (I'm bias)

Also if you haven't watched a game at Trimble, you must go there this fall.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Places I've watched games that are a must.
New lex-sits in a bowl, some fans sit on the hill, also a small but fantastic band.
Steubenville- you can not get close to the action. The stands feel like they are right on top of the field. You can hear just about everything coaches say from the away side bleachers.
Shadyside- it's one of those small school atmospheres where it feels like the town shuts down and a true Friday night lights feeling.
Martins Ferry- pretty amazing stadium. It's pretty big and the home side bleachers are covered.

These next ones are going to be from out of state, thanks to moving with the military, I've gotten to see some other cool places.

Kahuku(hawaii). Kahuku is a true power team. They run it down your throat and dare you to stop them. The stadium is pretty small but they are the red raiders and everything at the stadium is red. I mean everything. Very very cool place to watch a game.

Kamehameha- this stadium sits up on a hill that overlooks not only the ocean but the entire city of Honolulu. The views are amazing. The sun sets early in Hawaii, year round, so the sunset was happening every home game leading up to the game.

Katy(texas)- I wish I could have seen a game with the new incredible stadium they are building. Don't think it's been used yet. But their old stadium was pretty awesome too. Texas hs football is truly everything you hear people talk about. Huge crowds, and it means something.
A lot of stadiums in Texas share their field with many schools. So it takes away from the home field advantage feel.. but the massive crowds make up for it.

Now I'm in cali and about 30 minutes from DE LA Salle and I'm pretty excited to go watch a game there this fall.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bbn77 wrote:So far I have had the chance to watch games at..
Chesapeake
South Point
Fairland
Portsmouth
Rock Hill
Ironton
Gallipolis
Warren
Marietta
Zane Trace
Wheelersburg
Minford
Oak Hill
Portsmouth West
Logan
Alexander
Coal Grove
Lucasville Valley
St. Clairsville

The two stadiums I definitely want to visit are Boston Field in NY and Holzer Field in Jackson. Can any other posters suggest a few? Preferably in SE region.
jackson and ny both have a beautiful facility

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Chesapeake
South Point
Fairland (Which I Can't Stand)
Portsmouth ( Old and New)
Rock Hill
Ironton
Wheelersburg
Minford
Oak Hill
Portsmouth West
Logan
Coal Grove
Valley
Athens
Jackson
Nelsonville - York
Hamilton Township (Columbus Oh)
Lancaster (Which I can't stand)
Cincy Princeton

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

in state I'd like to see some of the bigger d1 schools and the atmosphere in their stadiums.=== from 77's list the only 1 I have not seen there is alexanders.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:in state I'd like to see some of the bigger d1 schools and the atmosphere in their stadiums.=== from 77's list the only 1 I have not seen there is alexanders.
i'd love to see cincy elder's

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

mQZvw.jpg
mQZvw.jpg (183.7 KiB) Viewed 3823 times

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

even though this stadium is not in ohio. i'd love to see a game here. it's reitz hs in evansville indiana
slider-aerial.jpg
slider-aerial.jpg (178.98 KiB) Viewed 3821 times

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:even though this stadium is not in ohio. i'd love to see a game here. it's reitz hs in evansville indiana

slider-aerial.jpg
Nice place. I'm sure visitor fans feel intimidated with the home bleachers wrapping around to their side.

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

How is the atmosphere in Danville? Seems like one of those towns that close down for Friday nights

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Falcon01 wrote:Places I've watched games that are a must.
New lex-sits in a bowl, some fans sit on the hill, also a small but fantastic band.
Steubenville- you can not get close to the action. The stands feel like they are right on top of the field. You can hear just about everything coaches say from the away side bleachers.
Shadyside- it's one of those small school atmospheres where it feels like the town shuts down and a true Friday night lights feeling.
Martins Ferry- pretty amazing stadium. It's pretty big and the home side bleachers are covered.

These next ones are going to be from out of state, thanks to moving with the military, I've gotten to see some other cool places.

Kahuku(hawaii). Kahuku is a true power team. They run it down your throat and dare you to stop them. The stadium is pretty small but they are the red raiders and everything at the stadium is red. I mean everything. Very very cool place to watch a game.

Kamehameha- this stadium sits up on a hill that overlooks not only the ocean but the entire city of Honolulu. The views are amazing. The sun sets early in Hawaii, year round, so the sunset was happening every home game leading up to the game.

Katy(texas)- I wish I could have seen a game with the new incredible stadium they are building. Don't think it's been used yet. But their old stadium was pretty awesome too. Texas hs football is truly everything you hear people talk about. Huge crowds, and it means something.
A lot of stadiums in Texas share their field with many schools. So it takes away from the home field advantage feel.. but the massive crowds make up for it.

Now I'm in cali and about 30 minutes from DE LA Salle and I'm pretty excited to go watch a game there this fall.

Great list falcon. Thanks for some possible destinations this season

ROLL PEAKE
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Another stadium that should be on the list is Woody Hayes Quaker Stadium located at Tuscora Park in New Philadelphia, Ohio. Old, historic, yet well maintained. A Dover- New Philly game is high school football atmosphere at its best.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=New ... BEP&ajf=60

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Omega wrote:Another stadium that should be on the list is Woody Hayes Quaker Stadium located at Tuscora Park in New Philadelphia, Ohio. Old, historic, yet well maintained. A Dover- New Philly game is high school football atmosphere at its best.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=New ... BEP&ajf=60
I have been and had forgotten about it!! GREAT place to see a game and some great food in new Philly too!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bbn77 wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:even though this stadium is not in ohio. i'd love to see a game here. it's reitz hs in evansville indiana

slider-aerial.jpg
Nice place. I'm sure visitor fans feel intimidated with the home bleachers wrapping around to their side.
IKR!!

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Always wanted to see Paul Brown stadium in Massillon.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BobSugar wrote:Always wanted to see Paul Brown stadium in Massillon.
I watched Trimble play in the state Championship game there and it was pretty cool.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”