All Conference

Re: Playoffs #5 Belpre @ #4 Harvest Prep

Post by Bird Dog »

Great season Belpre

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Missed extra points and a called back td for holding cost the Eagles a chance to advance,That and the number one threat only has 8 carries and never touches the ball until the 2nd play of the 2nd quarter. Harvest Prep is a good team with some very good athletes but Belpre could have very easily won that game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I heard the refs were a little sketchy in this one.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Btw it wasn't posted 21-19 Harvest Prep.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

EasternDspy wrote:I heard the refs were a little sketchy in this one.
That would be an accurate statement but can't blame the missed extra points and the lack of touches for Deijon on them.Prep was too good a team to make mistakes against and not use your best playmakers against. Good luck to the Cadets tonight.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Thanks! Is Belpre going to take a big step back next year? I heard Dejion will be at QB.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Belpre played a solid game. Having the TD called back due to a penalty was tough.

HP is very athletic and their QB does a very good job of running the zone read. Their linemen, both sides of the ball, get out of their stances quickly. Belpre's D-line and LBs adjusted after 2 quarters to their speed and did a good job of keeping their eyes on the ball and getting off the blocks and stuffing the run. I was surprised that HP didn't try to stretch the field both vertically and horizontally to take more advantage of their better, overall team speed.

The only issue that I had with the refs was that they were constantly going over to the HP sidelines, except for the side judge on the visitors side, between about a dozen or so plays, to meet with the HP coach to discuss unknown items. Never once did an offical come to the visitors side to offer an explanation of what the conferences were about. Also, the HP coach was constantly out on the field between offensive plays and by on the field I am talking about being near the numbers. Other than the aforementioned conferences, I thought the refs did a good job of calling a fair game. They were not a factor in my book.

Very proud of how Belpre represented themselves and the conference. They played hard and never gave up. Great season coming back from an 0-2 start to make the playoffs and get a #5 seed in a very tough region.

The folks at HP are first class and I wish them good luck and good health next week vs Danville. They will need it. Danville is the real deal.

Until next year...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

EasternDspy wrote:Thanks! Is Belpre going to take a big step back next year? I heard Dejion will be at QB.
Don't know if he will play QB or not but they lose 12 seniors who have played together since 4th grade and a lot of them are skill position players. They have quite a few good young players coming up from undefeated jr. High team including a pretty good qb they are going to take a look at. Their success or lack of success will depend on how they use Deijon . 8 carries and 3 pass targets is a waste of his talents

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

With regards to the coaches being out by the numbers: their coach does that a lot but he's definitely not the only coach that does it. Evidently Central District doesn't have a problem with it.

Goldglove23
Waterboy

Post by Goldglove23 »

EasternDspy wrote:Thanks! Is Belpre going to take a big step back next year? I heard Dejion will be at QB.
I do NOT see Dejion going to the Q.b position. with Dejion back I forsee a 7 to 8 win squad next season with a very young team. The next 4 years are shaping up to be very special times in Belpre !

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I see 5-5 at best

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

formerfcfan wrote:With regards to the coaches being out by the numbers: their coach does that a lot but he's definitely not the only coach that does it. Evidently Central District doesn't have a problem with it.
I'm glad someone else noticed this. In the SE district this is frowned on. Just a difference of how things are done and not an outcome that affected the game.

Now that Belpre's 2 year contract with Parkersburg Catholic is over, I think Belpre should entertain the idea of adding someone like Harvest Prep to the regular season schedule and upgrade their nonconference schedule. I was impressed with their facilities and the folks from HP.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

way to hang in there Belpre good job

Return to “Football”