Playoffs #7 Chesapeake @ #2 Valley

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Playoffs #7 Chesapeake @ #2 Valley

Post by wobycat »

:lol: :lol: this is fun. I change my mind. Go Valley!

Cheering against valley against burg is a no brainer, but when I see burg people travel long distances to watch valley in playoff runs, I doubt they're there to hope they lose.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

wobycat wrote::lol: :lol: this is fun. I change my mind. Go Valley!

Cheering against valley against burg is a no brainer, but when I see burg people travel long distances to watch valley in playoff runs, I doubt they're there to hope they lose.
That's goes both ways....except coach, he travels to every Burg game possible to cheer against them.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I think that's why many of them are there.
why would they say they are rooting for us, then slam the very man that represented Valley's resurgence more than any?
I've already said this on the other thread (where it belongs) but how can you say that slamming our coach or your 40 years of dominance makes valley people think you are supporting them?
This is a public forum, and putting things out for all to see is what I think shows ones' true colors.
Saying somebody supports another team then going home and bringing up crap from 12 years ago is a hypocrite.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Lucasville Valley 8
Chesapeake 7

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

d-5 wrote:Lucasville Valley 8
Chesapeake 7
Lmao!!

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

d-5 wrote:Lucasville Valley 8
Chesapeake 7
I think you're my favorite. Lol.
I actually think Chesapeake will by right in this thing.
They got speed. It will take valley's best game.
When you look at Peake's schedule and who they beat and who they lost to, you can make a heck of a case for them.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I love the bantering. Keep it up boys and girls! Personally, I don't really care what others think/feel about Valley's coach, program or team. They have accomplished more and gone farther than anyone in the league thought and predicted just a few short years ago. I do, however, have a great deal of respect for the Burg's consistency, in football and baseball. I don't follow other sports as closely. There is a fine line between a little bantering and arrogance. I know I've crossed it once this year and I have regretted it since. I'm sure posters of either teams don't speak or represent their communities as a whole. I don't personally believe people would travel distances, spend their hard earned money and fight the weather during the playoffs in hopes to see an area team get beat. And if they did they probably have more money than sense.

I have a feeling this game will be a lot closer than some are predicting. Here's to continued good health for the players. I really hope this is a clean game without a whole lot of whining about officials.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

I think I read somewhere that Chesapeake is playing Lucasville Valley. Should be a heck of a game. LV seems like the team to beat in this region. I know the folks in Chesapeake are excited for the opportunity.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

PantherPride wrote:I think I read somewhere that Chesapeake is playing Lucasville Valley. Should be a heck of a game. LV seems like the team to beat in this region. I know the folks in Chesapeake are excited for the opportunity.
I'll be working concessions the first half PP on your side.
Stop and say hi!!
Should be a good game.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

pmow3 wrote:
PantherPride wrote:I think I read somewhere that Chesapeake is playing Lucasville Valley. Should be a heck of a game. LV seems like the team to beat in this region. I know the folks in Chesapeake are excited for the opportunity.
I'll be working concessions the first half PP on your side.
Stop and say hi!!
Should be a good game.
Have the hot chocolate ready. It's going to be chilly!

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Aww. You'll love our stadium!!
It's the "CROWN JEWEL" of Scioto county. West is the only other stadium that I can think of that's close.
People come from miles just to watch us play there. They spend their hard earned money just to come in.
It's almost like Field of Dreams....
That has to be why they come. I know it's not to root for us.
:)

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

pmow3 wrote:Aww. You'll love our stadium!!
It's the "CROWN JEWEL" of Scioto county. West is the only other stadium that I can think of that's close.
People come from miles just to watch us play there. They spend their hard earned money just to come in.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It's a great venue, the fans are just delusional.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

wobycat wrote:
It's a great venue, the fans are just delusional.
Yes, we are. I'll be honest here.... I'm just super thankful that Burg was so generous enough to let us win 3 SOC titles in a row. I mean let's be honest here, we all know Valley can't beat Wheelersburg, ever. The Eddie fumble was called in from the pressbox, and for that....I'm forever greatful.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

So, it's Wednesday here, and Valley has a big playoff game with a VERY GOOD (But not great like Burg) Chesapeake team, what are some keys to the game???

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I really look for this to be a closely contested game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

Peake by a TD in this close game

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Good luck Valley Indians. One game at a time and enjoy the playoffs. I always route for our SOC brothers in the post season no matter what sport. It makes all the SOC teams look better when one of the schools has success in the playoffs.
P.S. *Grandview Heights is the team that concerns me the most in your region.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg Bias wrote:Good luck Valley Indians. One game at a time and enjoy the playoffs. I always route for our SOC brothers in the post season no matter what sport. It makes all the SOC teams look better when one of the schools has success in the playoffs.
BEST USERNAME EVER!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg Bias wrote:Good luck Valley Indians. One game at a time and enjoy the playoffs. I always route for our SOC brothers in the post season no matter what sport. It makes all the SOC teams look better when one of the schools has success in the playoffs.
I've watched a couple of Grandview games, and you're absolutely right. They return a lot of kids from the team Valley beat in a real close game last postseason.

But right now.....Chesapeake concerns me the most.

Return to “Football”