Playoffs #6 River @ #3 Grandview Heights

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Playoffs #6 River @ #3 Grandview Heights

Post by Steely Dan »

That is a final. River scored first to take 8-0 lead and then it was all downhill from there. I said GH by at least three scores, well it was 5+.
Nice season for the Pilots, but they were clearly outmatched here.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

896ffcadet wrote:If I may weigh in on this debate. First question. If River is so good and can run through the likes of Fort Frye and Caldwell why don't they play either team? They play every other PVC team. Second question. Why are people thinking "strength of schedule" and 2nd level points are meaningless? Numbers don't lie. Fort Frye 178.5 2nd level points. River 128 2nd level points. That should nullify any argument as to who has the tougher schedule. Again numbers don't lie. Third question. Why, after the schedule is already made, does River decide to not play Fort Frye last year? They are good right? Dropped us, after the schedule is made, to go play Eastern. Way to schedule up! LoL Forts JV squad would blow through Eastern. Now let's talk River vs M/C this year. Great you beat M/C. I guarantee if this game is played in Woodsfield River loses. Go into Woodsfield and beat the Seminoles then you can talk about it. Woodsfield is one of the toughest places to go into and win a football game. If you deny that your fooling yourself. Finally, even at 9-1 the only reason River is in is because M/C beat Barnesville. That's the ONLY way mathematically River got in. Barnesville beats the Seminoles and there a thread on here similar to the one regarding Logan going 8-2 and not seeing week 11. Beating D7 Eastern 60-6 does not make River a legit 9-1 playoff team.
Always love when Fort Frye folks don't have a clue. Grandview Heights clearly was better in every way. It will be interesting to see how far they go. I assume as always, the FF people will go hide in their caves again after their game.

Good luck GH. Great year River.

896ffcadet
Waterboy

Post by 896ffcadet »

No hiding hear. I'll take 13-0 over Fredericktown before 56-15 beating by Grandview Heights any day. I'll also take Fort Frye over River any day but I don't see that happening anytime soon either.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

896ffcadet wrote:No hiding hear. I'll take 13-0 over Fredericktown before 56-15 beating by Grandview Heights any day. I'll also take Fort Frye over River any day but I don't see that happening anytime soon either.

Truth!!

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Beware of River in 2016. They started 2 seniors on offense and 1 on defense. Also started 5 sophomores on offense and 6 sophomores on defense. The staff expected to be a playoff team in 2016 not 2015. The 2015 experience for the players will be a great tool for 2016. River picks up Bellaire and Toronto in 2016, schedule will be tougher but if the run the table #1 in their region!

896ffcadet
Waterboy

Post by 896ffcadet »

Picking up 2-8 Bellaire is toughening their schedule? Really? Toronto is a good schedule up but loosing to a D7 team isn't going to help them much either. Should've never split from the PVC but we all know why that happened. At least why they don't play Caldwell or Fort Frye anymore.

pittfan#1
Waterboy

Post by pittfan#1 »

Do Beverly Fort Frye fans believe the world turns around the PVC ? Most people outside that small conference could care less. River did improve their schedule by adding Bellaire and Toronto. They may not be sure wins, but they are members of the OVAC and so is River. The drive to both schools is much easier for River fans than any PVC team except Frontier and Monroe Central and they are on the schedule. Good luck to the PVC, I hope they survive.

Return to “Football”