Alexander Spartans

MeigsFan
Waterboy

Re: Alexander Spartans

Post by MeigsFan »

Bird Dog wrote:
MeigsFan wrote:Doesn't matter who Coaches next year, they will be back to a .500 team if not worse next year.

Next Year Meigs will be TVC-OHIO Champs in Football, Basketball and Baseball...You heard it here first!!!

We've been hearing this prediction for the past 4 years along with multiple state titles. Doubt both...You heard it here first!!
Didn't hear it from me, Meigs hasn't had what they neeed the last 4 years...Meigs Classes of 2017, 2018 and 2019 is where it's at!!!

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Very happy to see those Spartans got down to rock springs and beat a decent Meigs team ..
Alexander had some hiccups but they were clearly the better team in this game. Fought through a lot of crap and kept cool and got the job done ..
Be proud tonight Spartan Nation, TVC Ohio champs .... Now get ready to defend your home in your first playoff home game !!'
Go Spartans !!!
Kings of the TVC 2015

MeigsFan
Waterboy

Post by MeigsFan »

Alexander hitman wrote:Very happy to see those Spartans got down to rock springs and beat a decent Meigs team ..
Alexander had some hiccups but they were clearly the better team in this game. Fought through a lot of crap and kept cool and got the job done ..
Be proud tonight Spartan Nation, TVC Ohio champs .... Now get ready to defend your home in your first playoff home game !!'
Go Spartans !!!
Kings of the TVC 2015
Was indeed a good game, but Meigs handed it to them 3 Interceptions and a fumble and still only lose by 9 points. Bad kickoffs for negative yards, I don't think Alex played on there side of the field all night long. Missed extra points and Meigs isn't having to rush with 3 minutes left to go and throw on a 3 and 1 in triple coverage.

Hate to say it..Alexander isn't that good. They beat Three D7 Teams, Beat Athens in which Athens got beat by River Valley, Beat Trimble in which gave Nelsonville there only Win of the year....Yeah a 9-1 record looks impressive and is GREAT for those Seniors, But seriously, they will be back to a .500 team next year if not worse.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Penrod and company

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Alexander hitman
Varsity

Meigs fan lmao are you for real ?? Lol handed it to learn how to loose ... We are and proved we are the better team on your field. When your team gets beat be a big boy and learn how to stand up and say the other team was the better team. Excuses always fly when the Spartans win and frankly it cracks me up. Good job Meigs on your season.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

The boys from Albany faces some real adversity and found a way to fight through for the win. The defense was very good, but Miegs kept answering with long passes down the field. #2 for Meigs is a very nice ball quarterback and #6 can go get the ball.

The standout player of the game was Jacob Weaver. He had several big catches, but he was huge on the defensive side. Great job!

The offense looks very strong. We scored on multiple quick strike possessions. It was a good game, but the Spartans showed how to finish a tough game in a tough environment.

Go Alex.

MeigsFan
Waterboy

Post by MeigsFan »

Alexander hitman wrote:Meigs fan lmao are you for real ?? Lol handed it to learn how to loose ... We are and proved we are the better team on your field. When your team gets beat be a big boy and learn how to stand up and say the other team was the better team. Excuses always fly when the Spartans win and frankly it cracks me up. Good job Meigs on your season.
I would admit that you were a better team if that was true, but like I said 4 interceptions (in which was right in your alls hands) and a fumble at our own 4 yard line...We HANDED the game to you....Athens was a better team then us this year and Jackson was a better team then us this year...They beat us, we didn't beat ourselves in those games....We beat ourselves tonight!!!

But believe your a great team and represent the TVC-OHIO well in the playoffs. Wish Meigs wasn't a few kids over of being in the D5 Region 17, or we would be right there with you and River Valley.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

i guess you need to work on your turnover issues if you wanna compete lol

MeigsFan
Waterboy

Post by MeigsFan »

Alexander hitman wrote:i guess you need to work on your turnover issues if you wanna compete lol
Yep that usually helps, but sad thing is we'd still be in playoffs in that Division with those turnover issues....LOL

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

MeigsFan wrote:Hate to say it..Alexander isn't that good. They beat Three D7 Teams, Beat Athens in which Athens got beat by River Valley, Beat Trimble in which gave Nelsonville there only Win of the year....Yeah a 9-1 record looks impressive and is GREAT for those Seniors, But seriously, they will be back to a .500 team next year if not worse.
won at Athens (6-4)
won at River Valley (7-3) - playoff team
won at Meigs (6-4)
won at Harvest Prep (8-2) - playoff team

4 solid wins on the road.

beat Trimble (8-2) - playoff team

That is a pretty good resume.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

The 9-1 record and TVC Championship says they're better, that's a fact. Meigs has been playing smaller schools for 3 decades and still have trouble going .500. Congrats to Alexander and good look in the playoffs

MeigsFan
Waterboy

Post by MeigsFan »

93Bulldog wrote:
MeigsFan wrote:Hate to say it..Alexander isn't that good. They beat Three D7 Teams, Beat Athens in which Athens got beat by River Valley, Beat Trimble in which gave Nelsonville there only Win of the year....Yeah a 9-1 record looks impressive and is GREAT for those Seniors, But seriously, they will be back to a .500 team next year if not worse.
won at Athens (6-4)
won at Meigs (6-4)

Athens D3 (I'll give them credit for going there and dominating that game)

River Valley ( Record is better then they actually are - Just got beat by a D7 Team that was 3-6)

Meigs ( Meigs lose by 9 with 4 turnovers ( 2 inside the 10 yard line-not forced turnovers, were talking thrown right to the defense)

Harvest Prep ( D7 school)

Trimble (D7 school)

Oh and they got beat by a D6 Team.

Like I said they had a good year, but they aren't as great as everyone talks them up to be. They won't be anywhere close in the TVC-Ohio Race next year!!!

MeigsFan
Waterboy

Post by MeigsFan »

Bird Dog wrote:The 9-1 record and TVC Championship says they're better, that's a fact. Meigs has been playing smaller schools for 3 decades and still have trouble going .500. Congrats to Alexander and good look in the playoffs
Meigs has been playing smaller schools?

Meigs should be D5 just like everyone else in the TVC-OHIO outside of Athens and Vinton.

This year we played Logan D2, Amanda D4, Jackson D3

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

MeigsFan wrote:
Bird Dog wrote:The 9-1 record and TVC Championship says they're better, that's a fact. Meigs has been playing smaller schools for 3 decades and still have trouble going .500. Congrats to Alexander and good look in the playoffs

Meigs should be D5 just like everyone else in the TVC-OHIO outside of Athens and Vinton.

If Meigs "SHOULD be DV", why aren't they? Because they shouldn't, they are placed in DIV because that is where there enrollment says they SHOULD be.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Well let's see meigs got crushed by Jackson ,
Spanked by Athens , hung with Logan but lost ,
Beat a river valley team by only 5 that you say is not that good , you did manage to beat Amanda but not sure that is a chest pounding win either.
Wellston put up 38 on your defense, NY 14 ,
not sure I see your point I guess.
Excuses excuses I love it .... Good teams find a way to win. You know like running for four 4 touchdowns on your Defense , and passing for another. Thanks for the gift meigs
Go Spartans

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

MeigsFan wrote:

Agree last couple years they have played great out of conference schedule and I hope they continue. But like I said the past several decades minus gallipolis who owned them they've played southern, wahama, eastern, belpre, coal grove tolsia etc etc. They've been bigger than 95% of the schools they play year in and year out and struggle with those schools.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Congratulations to Alex on the TVC Ohio Championship and their victory last night!

I was highly entertained while watching the game under a maroon and gold hoodie. Meigs worked very hard to stay in the game. With a few less bad plays (don't remember ever seeing a downed kickoff for negative yards) and some semblance of a kicking game (C'mon Mike) could have won. Alex very athletic, strong, determine (sometimes too much) and well coached.

Best fortune to the Spartans down the playoff trail.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I just want to give a big shout out to the entire Spartan community on their team's accomplishments over the last two years and the success that these kids have earned. To come into a program that was apparently on the "downslide" and have a winning season in your first season as coach, and now a home playoff game in your second season? Well, that speaks volumes about Coach Penrod, I don't care what anyone says about having a large senior class. His predecessor elected to step down and go elsewhere, looks like things have worked out just fine for the Spartans. Congratulations and good luck next week!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

MeigsFan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
won at Athens (6-4)
won at Meigs (6-4)

Athens D3 (I'll give them credit for going there and dominating that game)

River Valley ( Record is better then they actually are - Just got beat by a D7 Team that was 3-6)

Meigs ( Meigs lose by 9 with 4 turnovers ( 2 inside the 10 yard line-not forced turnovers, were talking thrown right to the defense)

Harvest Prep ( D7 school)

Trimble (D7 school)

Oh and they got beat by a D6 Team.

Like I said they had a good year, but they aren't as great as everyone talks them up to be. They won't be anywhere close in the TVC-Ohio Race next year!!!
Sour grapes make bitter whine!
Last edited by dazed&confused on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Go Spartans!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse

Return to “Football”