Northwest Mohawks 2015 7-3 Great Season!!

Neutron Man
All State

Northwest Mohawks 2015 7-3 Great Season!!

Post by Neutron Man »

While We Get Caught Up In Playoff Runs And Undefeated Seasons, I Think It Should Be Brought Up On How Great Of A Season And Turn Around The Northwest Mohawks Have Had This Year! Competing And Were Two VERY Close Games Against Rock Hill & Oak Hill From A Playoff Run!
Great Job Boys Of Northwest And Great Job To The Coaching Staff! Keep It Up And Keep It Coming!

Valenth
SEOP

Re: Northwest Mohawks 2015 7-3 Great Season!!

Post by Valenth »

Indeed.. congrats Northwest!

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Coaches are building a program, hope he can keep it going. County needs another good team or two or three.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

7-3 is the second best record in our school history, only an 8-2 season back in the early 70's is better. Hopefully, the coaching staff can continue to build off the 3 way SOC tie last year along with this years record. The players must realize that games are won in the weight room and participating in other sports. The next goal is for NW to make a first, ever appearance in the football playoffs.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Good job Mohawks

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

7 wins, 2 came against D6 and 5 against D7 and only 2 had winning records both D7. Only played 3 teams in same division and lost all 3. But I will admit that is a big improvement from where they've been in the past. And they should keep improving.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

My mail got lost it was soaking wet with rain it finally came but hey the mailman delivered they should keep improving.......
Good season and a confidence builder.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

piratepride86 wrote:My mail got lost it was soaking wet with rain it finally came but hey the mailman delivered they should keep improving.......
Good season and a confidence builder.
Good!! You got my point!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Has nw ever made the playoffs?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Beating up on small Div 7 schools is far from an accomplishment. Building a program to play down will never get them prepared for a playoff game in Div 5. Just like someone else said, 0-3 vs same division schools.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Playoffs.? This is exactly how you win a program up.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

js7_22 wrote:Beating up on small Div 7 schools is far from an accomplishment. Building a program to play down will never get them prepared for a playoff game in Div 5. Just like someone else said, 0-3 vs same division schools.
Well beating up small D7 schools is all they can do in their conference. SOC I is mostly made up of that!
The DID however play 2 D5 and 2 D6 schools splitting the games 2-2.

So yeah seems they are on the right track. Keep it up Mohawks!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

They should have been 9-1. Two of their loses was very winnable games. The thing I see wrong is I think the schedule they play in jr. high and high school builds a false confidence.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think they are headed in the right direction. It takes a long time to change a culture to winning, they are taking the right steps. Right now, they are pretty even with competition, because they aren't going 10-0 and blowing ppls doors off.

I understand the big school vs small school stuff, but give em a few years.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

coop wrote:I think they are headed in the right direction. It takes a long time to change a culture to winning, they are taking the right steps. Right now, they are pretty even with competition, because they aren't going 10-0 and blowing ppls doors off.

I understand the big school vs small school stuff, but give em a few years.
Yes Coop they are definitely headed in the right direction. They have alot of great kids and alot of talent coming though the system right now. Alot of the kids are willing to put the time in.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Neutron Man wrote:
js7_22 wrote:Beating up on small Div 7 schools is far from an accomplishment. Building a program to play down will never get them prepared for a playoff game in Div 5. Just like someone else said, 0-3 vs same division schools.
Well beating up small D7 schools is all they can do in their conference. SOC I is mostly made up of that!
The DID however play 2 D5 and 2 D6 schools splitting the games 2-2.

So yeah seems they are on the right track. Keep it up Mohawks!
Northwest is D5. They played 3 D5 schools, lost all 3. Played 2 D6 and 5 D7 and won all those.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yes congratulations in Mohawk land. this will help make the soc deeper as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Reg79
Waterboy

Post by Reg79 »

I love how everyone likes to pick on northwest for playing a weak schedule. Maybe building a winning program will keep the kids that live in the district from playing at Valley or west. Open enrollment is the Mohawks biggest opponent.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

It's not about picking on them for their weak schedule, or wait, yes that is the reason. They couldn't play schools their same size, so drop down and play schools 1/4 the size of you and beat your chest when you win. People say they can't help who they play, but got their way and moved down to SOC 1. They also schedule a very terrible Chillicothe Huntington Ross who hasn't been competitive in awhile... Southeastern is another very poor team.

See where I'm going with this?

Division 6 - Huntington Ross 1-9, Southeastern 2-8 (wins over 0-10 team and Huntington Ross)
Division 7 - Quality win over Symmes (East didn't belong in the playoffs)

I think they give them 5 years total, and move them back up. This completes year 2.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Have they improved or are they just playing a weaker schedule? When a very average Minford team beats you like that I would say the latter.

Return to “Football”