The Wildest play call you have seen a H.S. Coach make?

bfry
JV Team

Re: The Wildest play call you have seen a H.S. Coach make?

Post by bfry »

Not running the "touchdown play" enough. Swear, had a parent say that.....guilty as charged. :shock:

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Coach calls time out after the running backs run to the wrong hole 3 times in a row with 4 mins to go in the fourth quarter. With his team up 8 points. It was 4th and 10 at the other teams 40. Coach comes out to rip his players in the huddle. While in the huddle he turns and points to number 78 of the other team. Telling him that is where his team would run the ball. Then telling the rest of that team to get ready because the ball would be run right at #78. Back in the huddle the the QB says I guess we are running the ball at #78. The team runs the ball at #78. When it is measured they came up about 4 inches short. Only to force a fumble and recover it. To then run the ball to run out the clock.

The first game that year that team ran QB sneak 8 straight times to end a game for the win.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Kind of like what Michigan State did yesterday, but in his last game as head coach at Rock Hill, Todd Knipp called a time out while his team was on defense with over a minute left. Coal Grove was behind by 2(I think) and was driving. Todd had his team stand down and not go after the runner and let Coal Grove score a 15 yard touchdown so Rock Hill would have one last possession to win it. Almost worked too, Rock Hill got it to the Coal Grove 25, and had it not been for a controversial no call of pass interference, Rock Hill may have won that game.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye hired an ex pee wee coach in the mid 2000's for high school. They ran crazy formations every series. It didn't work.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

hp go for it on just about every 4th down regardless of where the ball was

Mr 1000
Waterboy

Re: THE WILDEST PLAYCALL YOU HAVE SEEN A HS COACH MAKE?

Post by Mr 1000 »

WitnessProtection wrote: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:15 am Polecat left!
Polecat right!
Polecat for your momma!
Polecat for your wife!
What is this? Come on Orange and Brown this is to far I mean everything you don't like of mine gets took off

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Anyone see the winning touchdown call for Burg to win State Championship. Not a commonplace play call!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Seen a coach once punt it on third down

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Tartanblue wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:39 pm Seen a coach once punt it on third down
Was it a quick kick on 3rd down on their own 2 yd line with them up by 2 with 8 sec left, and the defense had a time-out left? If so, it may have been an attempt to run out the clock with the ball rolling on the ground, instead of running it into the line, the defense taking a time-out, and then punting into a fair catch and a free kick gets converted into a one point win by the defense! Am I wrong that you can still get a free kick if you make a fair catch after the clock expires?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Saw Portsmouth throw a screen pass with the lead, very little time left, from inside their own 10. It ended up being a pick 6 and they lost.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

mhs95_06 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:28 am
Tartanblue wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:39 pm Seen a coach once punt it on third down
Was it a quick kick on 3rd down on their own 2 yd line with them up by 2 with 8 sec left, and the defense had a time-out left? If so, it may have been an attempt to run out the clock with the ball rolling on the ground, instead of running it into the line, the defense taking a time-out, and then punting into a fair catch and a free kick gets converted into a one point win by the defense! Am I wrong that you can still get a free kick if you make a fair catch after the clock expires?
No if I remember right the ball was on the teams own 45 or so yd line in the 3rd quarter

Return to “Football”