8-2 No Play-offs

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Re: 8-2 No Play-offs

Post by ArmChairQB »

Logan couldn't beat the bigger teams or schools their size so they run from the likes of Lancaster and add D7 schools. Go 8-2 and are sitting at home.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

ArmChairQB wrote:Logan couldn't beat the bigger teams or schools their size so they run from the likes of Lancaster and add D7 schools. Go 8-2 and are sitting at home.
Like everyone else has said, generally Shadyside is a dominant school even for D7. Logan did not run from Lancaster, both schools decided to not play anymore, so get off your high horse. Correct they couldn't beat DeSales or Jackson, nobody else in SE Ohio or anywhere else could beat them either (except Wheelersburg).

They drop Shadyside and Gallia (leaving the league) next year and add Dublin Jerome (D1) and Hamilton Ross (D3), really increasing strength of schedule. By the way, saying Logan needs to play schools their size like Lancaster (which many people say), is crazy. Lancaster has hundreds more kids at their school than Logan.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just a lot of cry babies on here that live in dump towns and wish they lived in a place like Logan.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I.M.O. It seems that Logan might need to try being an independent in football. That way they could, if they wanted schedule teams their own size and bigger, if they think they could compete with them.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Pol pot wrote:
Paladin wrote:Its quite pathetic but most here are sitting home for the playoffs and the few getting in have little chance of success. Logan built a schedule with what they could get in the last half of the season when most are in league schedules. and no shame in that. And an 8-2 season is highly successful. Played numerous playoff teams & beat them. Also lost to a playoff team. The point ? As usual, Logan went after games with quality programs in hopes of getting computer points should they win. The biggest failure was not non-league -- it was league as Gallia went 1-9 and Warren 0-10. Those go anywhere at .500 or win a couple of games and Logan was in.

But, the inferiority complex is rearing its ugly head again. Hey, Shadyside (4-6) got in. So did Boardman up here and with a home game for their 6-4 record. But , keep up the good work SEO -- run from competition. As for Logan, next year looks like a decent schedule while still trying to fill out openings in the last half of the season with competition and potential computer points. Never any easy thing to do. But, as most here know, Logan is a decent program and most of SEO avoids them. Enough said.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program for losers.
If Logan had a good schedule they'd be in! They played two good teams and got drilled by both.
Drilled by both? I beg to differ. 35-21 is way off from being drilled even with your best back going down early. I'll agree on getting drilled by De Sales. Nothing against Jackson though, they played tough and was ready.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I.M.O. It seems that Logan might need to try being an independent in football. That way they could, if they wanted schedule teams their own size and bigger, if they think they could compete with them.
They only play 2 "league" games now, so they have 8 weeks to work with. They are practically independent now lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

LOL. That is true and says so much.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

No Div. 2 school has any business playing a Div. 7 school period!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

sports junkie wrote:No Div. 2 school has any business playing a Div. 7 school period!
Agreed.

For a school Logan's size, their schedule is not tough....as usual. When they do make it to the playoffs they get beat early because of it.

Plenty of teams in SEO play schools up north. .....just for the record.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

They dropped lancaster which would have smashed them anyhow.

beat 1 goood team in teays valley then go what logan got against the other 2 power teams they played in jackson and desales.

then their fans be like all but we scheduled athens yea ok last year that would have been something to brag about.

and regardless if shadyside is usually a powerhouse their D7.

HERE IS A LIST OF ALL D2 AND D1 SCHOOLS THAT PLAYED A D7

FRANKLIN HEIGHTS
BRIGGS
COL WEST
COL WALNUT RIDGE
WESTERN HILLS
JOHN MARSHALL
RHODES

NOW LETS ALL GUESS WHAT THEY ALL HAVE IN COMMON?

NONE OF THEM MADE THE PLAYOFFS

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Strength of schedule... get the round balls out and schedule up next season

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Hey xlegend. You are right Lancaster would have drilled Logan. Loan has an a d smart enough to get out of the series. Wellston on the other hand continues to lose game one annually. I think you need to rethink that.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Strength of schedule... get the round balls out and schedule up next season
I wouldn't call Burgs schedule tough. NY is the only top 10 schedule in our area. They are 1-9

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Raider6309 wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Strength of schedule... get the round balls out and schedule up next season
I wouldn't call Burgs schedule tough. NY is the only top 10 schedule in our area. They are 1-9
Doubt that but it's definitely tougher than Logans.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

toldya wrote:Hey xlegend. You are right Lancaster would have drilled Logan. Loan has an a d smart enough to get out of the series. Wellston on the other hand continues to lose game one annually. I think you need to rethink that.
Dude ur not hurting my feelings 1 bit.. I have never got on here and ever claimed wellston was a badass of SEO so i mean whatever but however except adena and huntington wellston played teams in their division or higher and if they could have won 8 games which they did not cause they was'nt that good they would have been in the playoff's.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bird Dog wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:
Doubt that but it's definitely tougher than Logans.
Same division, NY #9 Burg #57. D3 Jackson 75, Athens 85, D2 Logan 90. Pretty much all the big schools play each other. The only match up that didn't happen was Athens vs Jackson. They had to stop playing after 2013 because the league got bigger. Jackson picked up Ready and Athens played at death valley

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

I could talk about a certain poster (I won't mention his name but backwards it is spelled N-I-D-A-L-A-P) and the hypocrisy of his above post.

But I won't, it is time for a kinder-gentler new forum.

Bottom line is 8-2 is a quality year.

Lots of teams would relish that kind of year time to roll out the basketballs and wrestling mats and good luck in the next season.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

8-2 is a great season...

Logan got to experience what Athens/Zanesville went through in 2009...

Logan finished in 10th Place at 17.8 points...

Losing both Jackson and DeSales games were Daggers...
But getting no help from:

D4 Cambridge (3-7)
D5 Nelsonville-York (1-9)
D7 Shadyside (4-6)
D4 Gallia Academy (1-9)
D3 Warren (0-10)

This was the Nail in the Coffin...
These teams were (9-41)...

To Compare-
#1 Perry (8-2) beat teams that finished (46-34)
#7 Wooster (8-2) beat teams that finished (33-47)
#8 Mansfield (8-2) beat teams that finished (32-48)
#10 Logan (8-2) beat teams that finished (29-51)

This is why Logan will be missing out just two spot shy of the Post-Season this Season...

GFT
Waterboy

Post by GFT »

highflyer wrote:I have never understood Ohio's reasoning for using "computer points" to determine play-off eligibility. The kids playing the game do not determine their schedules. Why not have head-to-head competition in each district with the winners advancing?
That's sort of what Kentucky does. Teams make the playoffs based solely on their district games. I'll spare you the details.

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

Well as an alumni I have to say I can't believe we play MEIGS. Don't we have any standards?

Return to “Football”