8-2 No Play-offs

Pol pot
SE

8-2 No Play-offs

Post by Pol pot »

After years of listening to some posters bash the schedules of others and yet its ironic that this has come home to roost for some of them.

Logan is the ONLY 8-2 school in DII to miss the play-offs.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Re: 8-2 No Play-offs

Post by GoChiefs »

Lol.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hate that. I thought they were okay.
anyhoo, congratulations to the purple people eaters, as they are again playing hard nosed football in logan country.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Have been saying this for a minute now poor d7 shadyside

logan 17.8500

div 7 mogadore and john f kenndy would have knocked them out division 7 mccomb would have knocked them out. just based on point thats bad

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

In Logan's Defense who would thought Nelsonville would be 1-9 and gallia be 1-9 and Athens didn't have the season projected

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Poo Bear wrote:In Logan's Defense who would thought Nelsonville would be 1-9 and gallia be 1-9 and Athens didn't have the season projected
Athens lost 21 seniors from last year - what were they projected to do?

I for one am very pleased with the 6-4 record. In every game but 1, Zanesville.

Not too shabby, IMO.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Yeah they did well but I had them picked as pre season tvc champs with the weapons they had returning and the state championship game still fresh is some of the players heads. I look for Athens to take another step back next year and be around 5-5 or 6-4 again . But depends on how much they work this off season.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Not to sound harsh, but there schedule is what gets them, they only played one other D2 school in Teays Valley.

They lost to Two D3 Schools.

They beat
6-4 D3 Athens
6-4 D4 Meigs
1-9 D4 Gallipolis
3-7 D4 Cambridge
1-9 D5 Nelsonville York
0-10 D3 Warren
4-6 D7 Shadyside

Sorry but that's not a schedule to get you into the Playoffs

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I agree but what I'm saying is Nelsonville and gallia are traditionally 7-8-9 win programs

traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

The teams Athens beat had a combined 15-45 record. All that means is that they can beat bad teams.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Shadyside is in at 4-6
Chiefs are out at 8-2
Strength of schedule
LMAO

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

2009 9-1 Athens and Zanesville didn't make the playoffs
2011 10-0 Jackson was a 7th seed

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Big schools need to schedule big schools and not feed off the smalls. Just that simple.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Poo Bear wrote:Yeah they did well but I had them picked as pre season tvc champs with the weapons they had returning and the state championship game still fresh is some of the players heads. I look for Athens to take another step back next year and be around 5-5 or 6-4 again . But depends on how much they work this off season.
I see them taking a step forward! Only 6 or 7 seniors played a significant amount of time.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Its quite pathetic but most here are sitting home for the playoffs and the few getting in have little chance of success. Logan built a schedule with what they could get in the last half of the season when most are in league schedules. and no shame in that. And an 8-2 season is highly successful. Played numerous playoff teams & beat them. Also lost to a playoff team. The point ? As usual, Logan went after games with quality programs in hopes of getting computer points should they win. The biggest failure was not non-league -- it was league as Gallia went 1-9 and Warren 0-10. Those go anywhere at .500 or win a couple of games and Logan was in.

But, the inferiority complex is rearing its ugly head again. Hey, Shadyside (4-6) got in. So did Boardman up here and with a home game for their 6-4 record. But , keep up the good work SEO -- run from competition. As for Logan, next year looks like a decent schedule while still trying to fill out openings in the last half of the season with competition and potential computer points. Never any easy thing to do. But, as most here know, Logan is a decent program and most of SEO avoids them. Enough said.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program for losers.

Have gun, will travel
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

93Bulldog wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Yeah they did well but I had them picked as pre season tvc champs with the weapons they had returning and the state championship game still fresh is some of the players heads. I look for Athens to take another step back next year and be around 5-5 or 6-4 again . But depends on how much they work this off season.
I see them taking a step forward! Only 6 or 7 seniors played a significant amount of time.
I hope your right man.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Logan being a Div. 2 school probably played the weakest schedule in SEO. That's why at 8-2 they are sitting at home next week.
You talk about a pathetic schedule, even scheduling Div. 7 school. Boy that's really upgrading the schedule.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Paladin wrote:Its quite pathetic but most here are sitting home for the playoffs and the few getting in have little chance of success. Logan built a schedule with what they could get in the last half of the season when most are in league schedules. and no shame in that. And an 8-2 season is highly successful. Played numerous playoff teams & beat them. Also lost to a playoff team. The point ? As usual, Logan went after games with quality programs in hopes of getting computer points should they win. The biggest failure was not non-league -- it was league as Gallia went 1-9 and Warren 0-10. Those go anywhere at .500 or win a couple of games and Logan was in.

But, the inferiority complex is rearing its ugly head again. Hey, Shadyside (4-6) got in. So did Boardman up here and with a home game for their 6-4 record. But , keep up the good work SEO -- run from competition. As for Logan, next year looks like a decent schedule while still trying to fill out openings in the last half of the season with competition and potential computer points. Never any easy thing to do. But, as most here know, Logan is a decent program and most of SEO avoids them. Enough said.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program for losers.
Just proof that feedin off the smalls just don't cut it.
And no I will not be sitting home for the playoffs.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

You still cannot hope for much in hindsight with depending on all divisions lower to pull you up into the playoffs.

Playing independent bode well for a former SEOAL team for many years. I remember being 3-5 needing a win to qualify, & we lost & finished 3-6. With only a 9 game scheduled season we finished in 9th.
I gave pretty good examples of 4 schools to consider. By playing independent. I thought of those schools I n seconds. I'm sure a paid AD @ a div. 2 school could vest a little more creative time & do you better.
2 of them made the playoffs.
Take advantage of being Near rt. 33, which is near 70.
An hour or two max, driving, it'll be affordable & create a playoff schedule.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Chiefs

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”