2012 Jackson ironmen

Ironmannut07
Varsity

2012 Jackson ironmen

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Another talented class leaving who do we have coming back and who do we have coming up from the lower grades who will be contributors and who are our key loses?

camnott
Varsity

Re: 2012 Jackson ironmen

Post by camnott »

Several underclassman with 2 and some 3 years experience. Kearns, mccorkle, parks, Tank, trapanier, cutright, osborn, Landrum and I'm sure I missed a few. We have gould, williams, betchell, gilliland and more with at least a year under their belt and again I'm sure I missed a few.
We do need to fill some key positions, QB being the biggest and then maybe NG, ILB WR. The running backs are there but still a Drew Ervin is difficult at best to replace. Yes the seniors like Jeffers, Barr, Osborne, Ervin, McNelly, Dye and others will be missed but I think we'll reload.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

How did your JV team do this fall?

BorntobeLOM
Waterboy

Post by BorntobeLOM »

They need to replace 5 positions on offense (QB, RB, C, G, WR) and 3 on defense (NG, DE, S). Probably won't be as good as they were this year, but will still be a contender for the SEOAL

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The way I see it, Jackson is returning 14 starters from the 2011 season. Some of these only started a game or two, but most of them saw extensive playing time. The following players, with some playing both ways, comprise those starters.

FB/LB - Morgan Landrum
OL - Brandon Gilliland
OL - Andrew Carter
OL - Ethan Quinn
OL/LB - Jay Spires
WR/DB - Alec Osborne
WR/LB - Steven Kearns
WR/DB - Steven Trepanier
DL - Dusty Gould
DL - Josh Cutright
LB/TE/FB - Reagan Williams
LB/TE - Jacob Betschel
LB/RB - Mitchell McCorkle
DB - Nathan Parks

Obviously the Ironmen are losing some outstanding seniors, led by guys like Drew Ervin, Austin Osborne, OJ Barr, Tyler Jeffers, Ty McNelly, Luke Eisnaugle, and Nick Dye. Those guys are nearly impossible to replace, but the players mentioned above, and some new young faces, will step in and have to step up.

I think you may see a sophomore QB in Derek Rafferty. I think sophomores Gabe Griffiths and Tyler Humphreys could see significant playing time also. I'm not that familiar with many of the sophomore-to-be linemen, but I think a couple of them could see playing time. Should be interesting to see how things look by next Summer, but one thing is for sure...the cupboard is fully stocked. There's some great, young talent coming up through the program right now.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Here's a projection for next season. Might not be close at all, but it's just a possibility.

Offense

QB - Rafferty
RB - Parks/Griffiths/McCorkle
FB - Landrum
WR - Osborne
WR - Kearns
TE - Williams
OL - Gilliland
OL - Carter
OL - Quinn
OL - Spires
OL - ????

Defense

DT - Gould
NG - ????
DT - Cutright
OLB - Betschel
OLB - Kearns
ILB - Landrum
ILB - Williams
DB - Osborne
DB - Trepanier
DB - Parks
DB - Rafferty/Griffiths

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Next year's team will be loaded again. I bet if you guys were asked this question last year after we went 10-2 that you would have felt the same as this year. These seniors will be nearly impossible to replace and guess what, a new group of kids step up to the task. The same thing happens each year if you have a solid program with great coaching.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Saying that the seniors are nearly impossible to replace was a compliment to them, rather than a slight to the underclassmen. We're definitely losing some great players, but many of the underclassmen, with the experience from this season and another year of development, will be VERY good next season. Just as you are, I'm confident that the younger guys are up to the challenge.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

jackson will be loaded for years to come hall will just need to figure out how to get them all on the field

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Went and watched the Alder game and was impressed with the freshman from Jackson.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

reagan played great all year and there's more young talent coming up to go with him

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who was the kid that was not eligible until late in the season. Hall said he was a scout team kid that gave the defense fits with his quickness.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

TJ Patterson, I think.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

It's way to early to say who will be better but this was one of the greatest Jackson teams to ever play. As of right now they have alot of work to do and alot to prove but I believe these underclassmen are very talented and will win another league championship. Although the seniors we lost are very important positions we still return a ton of starters both ways most importantly the offensive line. Landrum proved what he can do and look what one off season did for Ervin last season. Jackson has built a program that will be very good and compete for a leagu title for the next 5 years.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

Almost all of these kids coming up have seen a lot of playing time too. I think that Morgan Landrum, Reagan Williams, Josh Cutright, Alec Osborne, Nathan Parks, and Steven Kearns will be our key guys next season. All have a year or two of experience now and great football players. I think this years team had Osborne to fall back on a that was a good and bad thing. Next season I think they will be more versitle and spread out which I believe I harder for a defense to stop. Raffetty will play qb unless there happens to be a transfer come in. (not saying there is but Jackson seems like the place kids are wanting to play at) and even though he will only be a soph he is very good and with a returning o line I think he could definitely get the job done he is a very good qb for a freshman. Also Gabe Griffiths is a great frosh that will rb as a soph. I believe him and parks will split time unless on shows that he is obviously better. Jackson for the past few years has started the best players mo matter what grade you are in and it keeps this program in good shape when you constantly have returning players especially Sophs and Froshs getting varsity playing time

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Congrats on the kids that made 1st team and honorable mentioned ALL District! Austin Osborne for being named Offensive Player of the Year and Coach Hall for being named Coach of the Year for the 3rd time in 3 seasons! Great Job!

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

osborne grid iron glory player of the year

green&yellow
Waterboy

Post by green&yellow »

I believe Griffiths (soph to be) and Rafferty (soph to be) will really step and prove their skill. A great Senior class to be coming up in 2012 and many great athletes. Can't wait to see Ironmen Football this year!

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

The Ironmen are playing a very interesting schedule this year. The five OOC games will be Wellston, Waverly, Granville, Athens, and Wheelersburg. Look for a strong defense and an offense that will run the ball very good and pass when the opportunities are best. Expecting another big year again from the Ironmen !!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Athens and Wheelersburg will provide a sufficient computer points.

Return to “Football”