Wheelersburg or Ironton

Harry P. Ness
Waterboy

Wheelersburg or Ironton

Post by Harry P. Ness »

If you were looking to take your kid to another area school and you are looking for the best to develop them as a football player, student & as a person....do you choose Ironton or Wheelersburg? Do they become a Pirate or a Fighting Tiger?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg or Ironton

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Pirate all the way.

War Daddy
Waterboy

Post by War Daddy »

It depends, are we talking about 40 years ago??? Then it's Ironton. Or are we talking in the last 25 years??? Then it's Wheelersburg.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

War Daddy wrote:It depends, are we talking about 40 years ago??? Then it's Ironton. Or are we talking in the last 25 years??? Then it's Wheelersburg.
And the past makes another return. He is obviously talking about now. Sorry cpt.obvious. I had to.

Pirate Nation
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Nation »

Wheelersburg has great academics and great athletic programs. The community stands behind their student athletes. Community members attend games when they have no kids or grandkids participating. You see large crowds at all of our sport tournaments from youth to high school. The football program speaks for itself. Best coaching staff in south eastern Ohio or maybe the whole state.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Tigers all the way.

The Oracle
Waterboy

Post by The Oracle »

Pirates owns the kittens Now and foreseeable future. Thing of past dreams

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Can't lose either way

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

OK honestly, I have a tid bit of advise. Make sure your kid will always be himself, unless he can be a Pirate, always be a Pirate.

The Oracle
Waterboy

Post by The Oracle »

Tigers are paper tigers now. Pirates, Indians, Falcons. Tigers. West side whatever Mohawks. Trojans. Muskatee s Rams. Red Devils. Better than kittens in the Ironton

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Both are good schools. Good grief. Ironton football will have good years but they will never be what once was.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Anyone from the Burg is going to say Burg and the same with Ironton people. Both are great schools, but I know from experience what an excellent job they did in preparing my son for college. He spent 4 years at tOSU and graduated with a 3.2 in Engineering and had a job before he even graduated. I know lots of others who have had great success at college because of the preparation at Wheelersburg.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I get wanting your kid to be the best he can be. But there are many other things to consider. His life where he is, his friends or relationships, other family members. I think your inner circle is very important for a kid. Where he plays football may or may not be as important to him as it is you.

But.... If it is as important, and if he is wanting this like you are? There is only one clear and definite answer here.
The Valley Indians is the place for your child. I can promise you the best football experience you can hope for. Feel free to message me and I will give out the flier that I pass out to would be Indians..... :D

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

pmow3 wrote:I get wanting your kid to be the best he can be. But there are many other things to consider. His life where he is, his friends or relationships, other family members. I think your inner circle is very important for a kid. Where he plays football may or may not be as important to him as it is you.

But.... If it is as important, and if he is wanting this like you are? There is only one clear and definite answer here.
The Valley Indians is the place for your child. I can promise you the best football experience you can hope for. Feel free to message me and I will give out the flier that I pass out to would be Indians..... :D
Pmow on the recruiting trail. :lol:

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HECK YEAH. I mean, the kid will have to do a few combine maneuvers first. We will run him thru the gauntlet before we have an offer on the table. But yeah, Valley should be the first choice.... lol...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

U pick Athens

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

I would say Burg ahead of Ironton in terms of football only because the coaching situation is established and the program is moving in the right direction. Who knows if Ironton will have the same coaches 2 or 3 years from now. I have no doubt they will get the program back on track eventually, just a question of when. Unlike Portsmouth I don't see the Ironton community having a once great program now mediocre year after year being acceptable.

But like the poster above mentioned, do this ONLY if your kid wants to play football. If so, by all means send him to Burg,Ironton,Valley,etc. Just don't send your kid to a doormat team like Green or Northwest where the playoffs are a fantasy and the highlight of their career is a 5-5 season.

Return to “Football”