Gridiron Glory

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Gridiron Glory

Post by noreply66 »

Logan folks.....I just updated Time Warner and notice that Glory isn't on CH_11 now. Anyone know where it should be?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Gridiron Glory

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Can't help ya there, I haven't updated mine yet. Does that have to be done by Jan 1, Noreply. My Aunt told me if ya didn't get it done by then you wouldn't have any cable. Said you had to make an appointment, they have to come to your house to do it for some reason. Did you do it yourself or did a cable man have to come and do it?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Cable man came. Picture is a lot better and more sport channels. Don't take them no time.
Channel 11 is a church channel now. Just might have to wait until 11:30 Friday and surf.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Going to have to have the cable guy come to your house trench :P noreply can you still use your own DVR if you got one? You would think they would have to give you notice before shutting it off,so far they have not sent me any.Knowing T-W they will screw this up somehow and I will be very upset if I can't use my own DVR.It will be time for me to drop them if they do because I have to have that and I will not pay a stupid extra monthly fee for their DVR.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Whyyyyyyyyy there's ole C-bolt. :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad to see ya on here. I knew this topic would bring ya out of the peanut gallery. :lol: :lol: I knew you was setting back reading this probably, had a funny feeling. :lol: :lol: :lol: I Know, ole KW just had hers done and told me all of that. I knew you wouldn't like the cable guy coming either. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ole KW said the same thing Noreply is, Ole KW said the picture quality is unbelievable and lots more channels for the same price. DVR, I have know idea. Just liking the more channels and picture quality deal.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-bolt, forgot to tell ya, KW said a TW rep knocked at her door to notify her. Said they was going door to door to recent customers. She went and made an appointment right after that. Think they would send something in the mail too. I'll wait it out as long as I can. Got other things and problems to take care of first around here before I deal with the cable guy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They told me at the cable office if you have any other TV'S in the house you have to pay extra to plug them in.It's all about making more money I'm sure, that's why I'm afraid they are weening everybody off their own DVRS to make people pay monthly fees for their's.Might end up backfiring on them.I have seen them working on this line up here a lot down by ole KF's house.Have not heard them knocking yet.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yeah, but you don't have to if you don't want to. One tv is good enough for me. I have two more plug in's but I'm telling them I don't want them now. Heck with that. If they knock here, they will be knocking for awhile. :lol: :lol: I'm in and out of here all day long. They might not catch me home. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll just set up an appointment when I go in a pay my next bill, or maybe the one after that. :lol: :lol: :lol: Got till Jan 1, KW said.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

KM needs the one out in the kitchen to squelch the tinnitus every now and then.It's a darn shame I will have to pay to use it now.It will get to the place people probably won't even be able to use their own antennas for free.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When we were talking to the cable guy about the DVR he didn't say you couldn't use your own but did say they have a package for that. It will cost 2.75 each for the other TVs. The woman in the office said to get any tv you would need it but I played around with a extra hook up without one and I had TV it was like before they hooked up the new box. Picture isn't as clear, channel remain the same, you don't get the extra channels they are giving and you do not loss any channels. With the new they did drop a few channels. With a add on package they do have channels they didn't have before.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I will revisit this thread after I get mine done and tell you if they did indeed screw mine up with the DVR. 2.75 not bad if they don't go ape poopy raising it every year.Did you ever find ch.11? How about the other PBS ch.3 ? Sometimes they have some programs I like to see ,but not often lol.You can always watch the full show on the WOUB website if you can't find it. Can you get ESPNU with this new service ?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:KM needs the one out in the kitchen to squelch the tinnitus every now and then.It's a darn shame I will have to pay to use it now.It will get to the place people probably won't even be able to use their own antennas for free.
I forgot about your tv in the kitchen for KM. Yep, she will need that in there. Two TV's shouldn't be all that bad in price I wouldn't think. But TW is a little sneaky about stuff with those bundle deals etc etc, ask them if it will go up in price after so long. They can be vultures sometimes preying on peoples money. Gotta watch-um.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just got to thinking. The old TV will this come in without the boxes until January that is the reason it came through for me.
ESPNU comes in on channel 303.........Haven't found the old 11 yet...probably wait until 11:30 tonight

The Oracle
Waterboy

Post by The Oracle »

Same problem here. Trying to figure it out

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Gridiron Glory is on channel 3 when Time Warner does their update.
Watched it there tonight

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:Just got to thinking. The old TV will this come in without the boxes until January that is the reason it came through for me.
ESPNU comes in on channel 303.........Haven't found the old 11 yet...probably wait until 11:30 tonight
TW should gave everyone a new channel line up guide/list when they come to their houses to change it. That's not right making people find the channels on their own. Good ole TW, don't surprise me out of them though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

After 20 years, we are cutting the cord with Direct TV and going with our digital tower antennae, Netflix, and Hulu Plus. That will take us from $130.00 a month to $18 a month. I get 20 digital channels on my tower antennae and just about everything else I watch with these two subscriptions. What will I miss? Big Ten Network, NFL Network, and Velocity. That's it. I can live without those. Probably haven't watched five hours of ESPN in the last 12 months. If you haven't considered this, you should. You'd be surprised how much programming you can watch online as well, for free.

Gonna give it a go and see how this works out.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Just got to thinking. The old TV will this come in without the boxes until January that is the reason it came through for me.
TW should gave everyone a new channel line up guide/list when they come to their houses to change it. That's not right making people find the channels on their own. Good ole TW, don't surprise me out of them though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
They gave us a guide. Didn't have to find the rest just didn't have the station for Glory. The guide has it as a OSU channel and I guess I was hunting for a OU channel.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote:
They gave us a guide. Didn't have to find the rest just didn't have the station for Glory. The guide has it as a OSU channel and I guess I was hunting for a OU channel.
That's good they gave ya a guide. As much as I hate too, I'm going to have to get down there to the office and set up an appointment. :roll: :(

JoeBurrow10
Waterboy

Post by JoeBurrow10 »

JOE BURROW

Return to “Football”