SEOPS

Re: WK 10 Valley 7-1 @ Minford 4-5

Post by coop »

My fault on that. lol

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford was 1 for 8 passing for 8 yards. Enough said!

Falconfan09
Waterboy

Post by Falconfan09 »

marshallman wrote:Minford was 1 for 8 passing for 8 yards. Enough said!
With 3 dropped when they were wide open hit them right in the hands. Not that it would've made a difference. You just need to get over the fact that minford just didn't have the athletes to run the spread we didn't have the quick back to hit the holes like they should out of the spread. Or WRs who are willing to catch the ball in traffic only one that would was Gambill. If you don't have the athletes to run it doesn't work! But I'm proud of the seniors they gave everything they had and I'm still proud to be a Falcon no matter what. The rest of the boys need to get in the weight room and get a lot stronger up front.

armchaircoach
Waterboy

Post by armchaircoach »

vladimir wrote:
armchaircoach wrote:vladimir, what 3 backs did Minford lose ? I only thought they lost 1

Alley, Shepard, Gambill, Caudill, and Turner.

Caudill missed Waverly, Gambill got hurt against Burg late in game, and Turner was A wide receiver. I beleive they had the horses to run the wing-T but they didn't. Minford has never been a passing team. The backs that played the majority of the season did a pretty good job . Compton,Gaines,Kennedy,Stiltner,Gambill,and Caudill

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I agree about running the Wing-T with the ones that were healthy. That offense fit this team.

I was told Caudill was done for the year after the Burg game along with Gambill. I think if they would have stuck with what they know (Wing-T,) they would have been more successful. IF Alley and Shep were healthy and played all 10 games, we'd also be having a much different conversation right now.

We will have Shepherd, Compton, Gaines, and Caudill back next year, so chalk this up to experience for those guys.
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

How many yards did Rolfe end up with? Radio said he had 205 passing at half then he hit 80 yard bomb in 3rd quarter too... Anyone have Valley stats for the regular season? Did they break any records?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Falconfan09 wrote:
marshallman wrote:Minford was 1 for 8 passing for 8 yards. Enough said!
With 3 dropped when they were wide open hit them right in the hands. Not that it would've made a difference. You just need to get over the fact that minford just didn't have the athletes to run the spread we didn't have the quick back to hit the holes like they should out of the spread. Or WRs who are willing to catch the ball in traffic only one that would was Gambill. If you don't have the athletes to run it doesn't work! But I'm proud of the seniors they gave everything they had and I'm still proud to be a Falcon no matter what. The rest of the boys need to get in the weight room and get a lot stronger up front.

I agree with everything here! As far as the weightroom and us needing to get stronger upfront, we need to get back to Kenton and winning some of those power lifting competitions. The years we were doing that, we were not only competitive but winning SOCII championships.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

I don't think Minford even wanted to win this game last night or compete for that matter.

Return to “Football”