WK 1 Gallia Academy @ Athens

boilermaker
SE

Re: Week 1 ~ Gallia Academy @ Athens

Post by boilermaker »

Gallia should get off to a good start.
Good Luck and Good Health to both schools.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Devils by 20+.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Kind of a typical opener for the Devils. Easy victory. and the point of an easy victory is?????????

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Remember 2old that is one of the ex-members of the ever so tough SEOAL north. Much like Warren and MHS. MHS is much tougher than Warren but not considered to be a quality opponent that gets you ready for the play-offs and definitely not as tough as PHS, IHS,JHS, or even CHS.

Gallia wins bigger than last year in this one. Work hard boys!!!!

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I am guessing Gallia big. However, opening games are sometimes difficult to predict.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

JC,

I remember(surely you do not think I could forget) so well that Athens was once in the league. It does not change anything. Gallia is ill prepared to contest in the league let alone the playoffs( of course there will no playoffs for the Devils in 08) by opening with an easy opponent like Athens.

BTW, none of the teams you mentioned stayed on the field with Logan into the third quarter last year. So as i said North, South, East, West, this game proves nothing for Gallia. And remember JC the North has produced the champion each year of the divisional play. In fact NO ONE from the south has been close yet.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

2old wrote:JC,

I remember(surely you do not think I could forget) so well that Athens was once in the league. It does not change anything. Gallia is ill prepared to contest in the league let alone the playoffs( of course there will no playoffs for the Devils in 08) by opening with an easy opponent like Athens.

BTW, none of the teams you mentioned stayed on the field with Logan into the third quarter last year. So as i said North, South, East, West, this game proves nothing for Gallia. And remember JC the North has produced the champion each year of the divisional play. In fact NO ONE from the south has been close yet.

SO,,,,, them games meant nothing either, and did not prepatre Logan for the play offs, right? :mrgreen:

sorry couldnt help myself.

good luck to Logan this year.

see you in a couple of years.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

BIG,

To answer your question. NO those games did not prepare Logan for the playoffs. I actually made that point quite clear at the end of last season. But let's stay on topic.

Gallia will win. Their defense "will look better" and Gallia will score.

BuckeyeBoy21
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyeBoy21 »

Glad Gallia Academy has a nice tune up game to start off the season. The Blue Devils win big.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Big time D-1 colleges play cupcakes at the beginning of the year every year. Here are a few examples:
1. Coastal Carolina at Penn State
2. Jacksonville State at Georgia Tech
3. Florida Atlantic at Texas
4. Ohio at Ohio State
5. Charleston Southern at Miami (FL)
That is just a few, the list goes on and on so what is your point 2old? Are you saying that since these colleges play patsies, it doesn't prepare them for championships? Other than the fact that you despise Gallia Academy and the rest of the SEOAL, why do you talk down on them like these schools have never even been close enough to sniff an SEOAL championship. I can remember not so many years back that Logan wasn't world beaters!! Just because you can go undefeated through the SEOAL doesn't mean that the Chiefs are the best in the land, I can name a number of teams just in Ohio that would give Logan a grade A @sskicking. So don't look down on your opponents and make fun of them because they are not as good as you because one day your school may hit a dry spell in talent and then you could be the one being laughed at. By the way before you say it, I DON'T HAVE CHIEFTAIN ENVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

2old wrote:BIG,

To answer your question. NO those games did not prepare Logan for the playoffs. I actually made that point quite clear at the end of last season. But let's stay on topic. :122246

Gallia will win. Their defense "will look better" and Gallia will score.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Friday,

Just to respond. You are off topic. And wrong to beat that. but anyway back to Gallia's easy victory over Athens.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Well, since Athens backed out of their obligations for two more games against Logan and left the Chiefs scrambling to fill the void, I hope Gallia waxes 'em. All in good fun, of course.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I personally wish GAHS would never play Athens again. Not so much because they are supposed "cupcakes", but they obviously don't care about "long standing" rivalries.
I guess the pounding that Logan takes from The Gales will better prepare them for the playoffs, being how it is the first game and all. :lol:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Grad,

Actually you will be able to see how much Logan benefits when the Chiefs POUND the BLUE AGAIN (for the fifth year in a row) later in the season. Don't worry the Chiefs JV's look forward to the game. The varsity not so much.

BTW, your Chieftain Envy is showing!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

gallia rolls the bullpups this year as everyone has done for years now!

gallia - 35
that green and YELLOW team in the TVC - 3

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

GAHS,

Let's see where to start.

1. Seems like everyone is envious of Logan. You guys can't wait until the Chiefs lose. Ergo Chieftain Envy
2. You are coming around. Now it is a mini-dynasty. When does it become a Full dynasty???
3. Since the "new and Improved" league has been in existance Logan has dominated and NO one fron the south has been close.
4. i don't care how much Ptown and Ironton are. Reason being Logan is BETTER. Ironton has to improve. Unless they sink lower than Gallia. Ptown has a young qb. No problem. As for numbers. Everyt eam uses 11.
5. Ok you predict logan will not sit atop the league forever. Now predict exactly when the MIGHTY Chieftains will fall. What year? what decade? what century?
6.i know how to lose. i hate it. But it happens. Heck Logan does play lancaster every year. i assure you i will be a better sport than you and others when the Chiefs fall. i won't whine about alleged late hits. The Chiefs will not throw helmets. The staff will not drop kick flags.
7. i can assure you Gallia will not be back on top with that easy schedule you guys play. i have been telling you that for years. i think the recent trend proves my point. Your super class"08" did not perform well at all in football. Logans average class did.
8. You can schedule down some. heck, Logan has Gallia on the schedule this year. Gallia always schedules down. Some others in the league do too. You are not alone. look at who plays who this week. It is obvious who is scheduling down.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

GALLIA BY ALOT

Army
S

Post by Army »

2old wrote:JC,

You were saying :?: :-D

Chillicothe 31 Logan 21 2006 :!: :-D

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

ARMY,

Do not embarrass yourself on another post. The game you refer to was NOT a league game and everyone but you knows that. You are dealing in half truths, which is a step up from most of your post. However, keep in mind logan did not complain about officials, throw helmets, or kick official flags. No Logan went back to practice and proceeded to go undefeated in the league. Heck they had the League title won with one game to play. Logan STOMPED the league that year. They went onto the D-1 playoffs,(yes the real state championship) and LOST to eventual state champion Hilliard in the opening round.

The Cavs have had multiple opportunities to win the SEOAL and so far have fallen miserably short.

Now stay on topic. Take this to a Logan or Chilly post if you need more than this slight correction.

Return to “Football”