1%
Rock Hill
17%

Total votes: 154

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: OVC 2016

Post by TrojanXplosion »

P(irate) wrote:I think RH has a better chance of winning the OVC than anyone. They are fairly solid from top to bottom. They looked good and executed well Friday night. But I would have to agree with Pope Snoop on this one. It's WIDE open. Not taking anything away from Ptown at all. They won handily, but mistakes aided them there. I want to see what happens when they have to fight for 4 quarters.
This. I hope our boys can give the Pirates a better game than Ironton. That shouldn't take too much. ;)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TrojanXplosion wrote:
P(irate) wrote:I think RH has a better chance of winning the OVC than anyone. They are fairly solid from top to bottom. They looked good and executed well Friday night. But I would have to agree with Pope Snoop on this one. It's WIDE open. Not taking anything away from Ptown at all. They won handily, but mistakes aided them there. I want to see what happens when they have to fight for 4 quarters.
This. I hope our boys can give the Pirates a better game than Ironton. That shouldn't take too much. ;)
I hope so too. I remember this game being week 10. Many close games coming down to the final minutes, or even seconds for that matter. I am excited Portsmouth is building again. Things just aren't the same without this game being a slugfest or a track meet. Lol. Stay healthy guys. Best of luck this week.

jager1979
Waterboy

Post by jager1979 »

gametime wrote:
Buramgerdin wrote:The OVC is going to come down to Portsmouth vs Peake. From what I've seen they are the only two teams with skill players.
Wow !!!!! I guess coal grove , Rock Hill , and Ironton just need to stay home.
Peake CG RH Ironton All will beat Portsmouth IMO. I think it will come down to these 4 and who stays healthy and fewest mistakes. All of these games will be brutal

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

jager1979 wrote:
gametime wrote:
Buramgerdin wrote:The OVC is going to come down to Portsmouth vs Peake. From what I've seen they are the only two teams with skill players.
Wow !!!!! I guess coal grove , Rock Hill , and Ironton just need to stay home.
Peake CG RH Ironton All will beat Portsmouth IMO. I think it will come down to these 4 and who stays healthy and fewest mistakes. All of these games will be brutal
Didn't Ptown beat Ironton in the previews? Or was Ironton just not "showing anything"?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

P(irate) wrote:
jager1979 wrote:
gametime wrote: Wow !!!!! I guess coal grove , Rock Hill , and Ironton just need to stay home.
Didn't Ptown beat Ironton in the previews? Or was Ironton just not "showing anything"?
They didn't play their seven D1 guys. The same guys that started vs. Burg and got rolled. I'm glad they didn't play their studs in the previews. Could've been bad.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TrojanXplosion wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
jager1979 wrote:
They didn't play their seven D1 guys. The same guys that started vs. Burg and got rolled. I'm glad they didn't play their studs in the previews. Could've been bad.
That's what I thought. CG doesn't have near enough speed to contain, Chesapeake may be a tight one, but still very winnable for ptown. RH will probably be the toughest but I still think Ptown can pull that out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

should be a wild year in the OVC.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Week 2 OVC Matchups:
Ironton @ Russell Ky.
Rock Hill @ Northwest
Chesaspeake @ Alexander
Ports West @ Portsmouth
Coal Grove @ Valley
Wheelersburg @ Fairland
River Valley @ Gallia Academy
South Point @ Boyd County

My thoughts:
1. We get to see what Ironton has this week. How will they respond after the Burg game is the big question. This will be more of in indicator of where Ironton truly stands in the big picture of the OVC landscape. I won't predict a win or a loss here but I do believe Ironton comes out with a chip on their shoulder and they better, the sharks are swimming....

2. Rock Hill goes to Northwest 1-0 and will continue with more of the same from the 1st week, ie: inside power football. #32 will run downhill some more this week behind that hard working line. Rock Hill moves to 2-0.

3. Chesapeake @ Alexander this is a toss up of two teams coming off Playoff seasons with both looking to return. This is probably the most evenly matched game for an OVC team this week, That in my opinion helps Peake get ready for conference play...its a good matchup!!

4. Portsmouth entertains their neighbors to the West this a good opportunity for the Trojans to make a statement by taking it to the Senators. Portsmouth has an experienced line and an electric TB I see them running wild in this one...

5. Coal Grove comes off the bye week in week one and are chomping at the bit to get into action. They bring back a bulk of their team from last year, the kids gave Coach Kidd a vote of confidence, and they go to play a young and inexperienced team in Valley...Coal Grove does what they do, they Grind and pound - Grind and Pound...and takes this game by 3 scores or more.

6. Fairland plays host to Burg....Sorry this was scheduled for you all.....

7. River Valley goes into play the Gallia Academy Blue Devils, Gallia falls to 0-2 but hopefully sees improvement each week.

8. The South Point Pointers go to Boyd County who are 2-0 and have a win against a traditional Ky. power in Lawrence County. Boyd moves to 3-0 and the Pointers also hopefully gain some good experience and improve weekly

Again I agree with most every one else: they OVC race will be tight one, Week to week improvement is so important right now and luck with avoiding key injuries will be key. Also those who can gain confidence in the these non-conference games will play a huge factor throughout the season....best of luck to all our OVC teams this week!!

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Good luck to the Panthers this week

ROLL PEAKE
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I hope by seasons end, no matter the wins and losses, that the Trojans will have earned the reputation of the hardest hitting team in the OVC. Overall nastiest that no one wants to play. Let's get the swagger back, Trojans.

And one more thing I hope for this Trojan team.....NO RUNNING CLOCKS. Hopefully, that's not too much to ask. All I want is competitive football. Gone be the days of the 70-14 beat downs, I can only hope.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TrojanXplosion wrote:I hope by seasons end, no matter the wins and losses, that the Trojans will have earned the reputation of the hardest hitting team in the OVC. Overall nastiest that no one wants to play. Let's get the swagger back, Trojans.

And one more thing I hope for this Trojan team.....NO RUNNING CLOCKS. Hopefully, that's not too much to ask. All I want is competitive football. Gone be the days of the 70-14 beat downs, I can only hope.
Me too X. Just get ready for the Rain next week.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TrojanXplosion wrote:I hope by seasons end, no matter the wins and losses, that the Trojans will have earned the reputation of the hardest hitting team in the OVC. Overall nastiest that no one wants to play. Let's get the swagger back, Trojans.

xpolsion great comment. I too want this for your Trojans, as much as I want it for my fighting tigers. and I want this series to get back too smoking hot.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:

xpolsion great comment. I too want this for your Trojans, as much as I want it for my fighting tigers. and I want this series to get back too smoking hot.
I want to see the Fighting Tigers back to the level I known they can compete. I got to grow up and watch so many classic Portsmouth-Ironton games. Always a huge turnout, usually the two best teams around here and the games actually mattered. Playoff points and positioning were always on the line. I believe in time, we will see it swing back around.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

yore darn right!!! we need those tigers impruvin weekly, we gots talent coming in the jr high and we will get back to southern ohio dominating....love my tigers

reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

I'm picking CG to win it this year.

bhicks42
Freshman Team

Post by bhicks42 »

reds4life wrote:I'm picking CG to win it this year.
They sure aren't getting much love on here ;) I think one post predicted them to finish 5th in the OVC.

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

CG can absolutely win the OVC. They just haven't gotten much love by the had a bye week 1. Before the season started I really thought it would be a 4 team race, Rock Hill, Chesapeake, Ironton, and Coal Grove. Now Portsmouth is showing they could contend for it also. And even though Ironton is looking very sound right now they are still the champs until beaten. But given the fact it seems as if Fairland played Burg tougher than Ironton, and should have beat West the week before. Could they contend? Idk if they can this year but they could ruin somebody's season! I'd say it's in this order right now:

1:Chesapeake/Rock Hill
2:Coal Grove/Portsmouth
3:Ironton
4:Fairland
5:South Point/Gallipolis

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

It'll come down to Coal Grove or Chesapeake. This poster is hoping the grovers can pull it off though!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Portsmouth is capable of running the table in the OVC. Not saying it will happen but, it is very possible.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Gonna be a lot of parody to say the least. Gonna come between Peake, Coal Grove, Portsmouth and Rock Hill.

ROLL PEAKE

Return to “Football”