SEOP

Poll: Who is most likely...

Post by Valenth »

Give me your vote and input...

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Poll: Who is most likely...

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Wheelersburg defense is very good. Good Defense 98% of the time wins ball games Imo.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

since coldwater is pretty much a lock for D5 and Trimble is in the same region as Danville, have to go valley.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm not confident that any team in our area can compete outside their regions this season.
The Burg is solid and I think they will be in the regional finals and I think Trimble will be as well.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I'd say the Burg is the only team capable of winning it all and that's a stretch. We'll see how Valley does this week against Minford. I'm not sure Valley is healthy enough to make a run at the region, let alone state. We shall see.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg has the best chance out of any in our area. They have a solid defense and plenty of weapons to score. They should win their region and the rest is icing on the cake.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

P(irate) wrote:Burg has the best chance out of any in our area. They have a solid defense and plenty of weapons to score. They should win their region and the rest is icing on the cake.

I don't know if they should win the region, I would say Zane Trace is playing well right now. They did beat a solid Logan Elm team. I would give edge to Zane Trace right now, only time will tell. If Harrison Central is in Wheelersburgs half of the bracket they are usually pretty tough.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Wheelersburg is about the only one in the area that could get to the Final Four. Valley is in a tough region. Trimble, Alexander and Zane Trace are not capable to getting out of their regions. Each might win a game or two.

TVC FAN
Waterboy

Post by TVC FAN »

Raider6309 wrote:since coldwater is pretty much a lock for D5 and Trimble is in the same region as Danville, have to go valley.
I agree however Marion Local is in Valleys division.

Bottoms Dweller
Waterboy

Post by Bottoms Dweller »

I think that both the Pirates and the Indians will win their respective Regions.
Burg should have the easier path. I don't think there is a team in that region can line up against them and not be steam rolled. The offence is nothing fancy but effective and very productive. The difference is the defense. If you haven't seen them play you have missed something special. They are quick, fast and they know how to play. They shouldn't be challenged until they meet Coldwater. As a Valley guy I plan on being at being at the game to see what unfolds.
The Indians have a tougher row to hoe. Paint Valley it seems has a good program the last 30 years and will come to play and might be the only threat to Valley. However, after that statement Ready and NC could have something to say in the playoffs(if they both make it) . Valley's defense has improved since last year and can stop most D6 and D5 offences in this area(except for BURG). The offense and special teams however are the difference makers. Even the Pirates found out don't kick off against these kids. Any time #23 or #24 touches the ball the potential is a TD. The offense is more often than not a quick strike TD led by most likely the best quarterback in region 21.
What I would love to see is an SOCII vs. MAC D5 and D6 state championship games!!! Hopefully both programs can win it!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bottoms Dweller wrote:I think that both the Pirates and the Indians will win their respective Regions.
Burg should have the easier path. I don't think there is a team in that region can line up against them and not be steam rolled. The offence is nothing fancy but effective and very productive. The difference is the defense. If you haven't seen them play you have missed something special. They are quick, fast and they know how to play. They shouldn't be challenged until they meet Coldwater. As a Valley guy I plan on being at being at the game to see what unfolds.
The Indians have a tougher row to hoe. Paint Valley it seems has a good program the last 30 years and will come to play and might be the only threat to Valley. However, after that statement Ready and NC could have something to say in the playoffs(if they both make it) . Valley's defense has improved since last year and can stop most D6 and D5 offences in this area(except for BURG). The offense and special teams however are the difference makers. Even the Pirates found out don't kick off against these kids. Any time #23 or #24 touches the ball the potential is a TD. The offense is more often than not a quick strike TD led by most likely the best quarterback in region 21.
What I would love to see is an SOCII vs. MAC D5 and D6 state championship games!!! Hopefully both programs can win it!
Very honest and well said sir.
#goburggo #rolltribe #SOCII

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

D5 has Coldwater, Crestview, Norwayne and Edison who I think will all compete at a high level this year. I had picked Coldwater to win it all and still think they may waltz through D5.

Ursiline and Hartley are no longer in the region but there are still superior teams that have played very tough schedules in D5 outside of Region 17.

I think Burg will win the region but I dont think it will be as easy as some think. If they were upset along the way I wouldnt be surprised, but I wish them the best of luck. Minford has their struggles this year and held right with them and moved the ball on them the first half which surprised me.

As far as Valley is concerned, they are a very good team but to see how bad Burg beat them last week tells me that they have played a really weak schedule and they are miles behind what some thought they would be this year. I had them penciled in the final 4 at the beginning of the year with a chance to win it all if they got a few breaks here and there. Watching Burg move the ball with ease on Valley's defense and Valley only having a little over 100 yds of offense vs Burg tells me they are not as good as advertised. Hopefully I am wrong.

I think Grandview Heights has the best chance to win Region 21 right now. They have a few key wins against decent D3 schools. Seeding will be the key with them, as a win over 8-1 D3 Bexley will skyrocket them in the rankings. A loss could put them playing on the road and make it a little tougher.

Ready should not be overlooked either. Minford was healthy and playing tremendous defense when they played Ready and held their big back in check most of the game. Valley seems to have a little problem stopping the run (realized this from the Burg game) and Ready is well coached and will pound the ball until they break a big one, but can also throw it as well.

I dont think it matters who comes out of Region 21 this year. Kirkland, Columbia and Marion Local are the teams to beat. I like Marion Local over the Kirkland/Columbia winner in the finals if the semis work out that way.

Good luck to both teams but I think only 1 has a legitimate chance of getting out of their region this year, and its Burg.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

gonna get exciting.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'd have to go with Zane Trace. Not the most impressive team on paper or on the scoreboard, they just keep on finding ways to win, and at some points against very good competition.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Burg obviously!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

According to cal preps no team in R17 is beating Burg. It's just a simulator, I realize that but it's the only thing that uses numbers to guess. So, I'd say Burg is the favorite to win the region. Make it to final four, then you have a chance.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Believe Burg has it pretty good in their region, I can see Zane Trace getting past round 1 especially if they take on River Valley. Zane Trace has a solid defense that could push them farther, however they just haven't played same caliber teams as Burg and have to go with Burg in this region.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:D5 has Coldwater, Crestview, Norwayne and Edison who I think will all compete at a high level this year. I had picked Coldwater to win it all and still think they may waltz through D5.

Ursiline and Hartley are no longer in the region but there are still superior teams that have played very tough schedules in D5 outside of Region 17.

I think Burg will win the region but I dont think it will be as easy as some think. If they were upset along the way I wouldnt be surprised, but I wish them the best of luck. Minford has their struggles this year and held right with them and moved the ball on them the first half which surprised me.

As far as Valley is concerned, they are a very good team but to see how bad Burg beat them last week tells me that they have played a really weak schedule and they are miles behind what some thought they would be this year. I had them penciled in the final 4 at the beginning of the year with a chance to win it all if they got a few breaks here and there. Watching Burg move the ball with ease on Valley's defense and Valley only having a little over 100 yds of offense vs Burg tells me they are not as good as advertised. Hopefully I am wrong.

I think Grandview Heights has the best chance to win Region 21 right now. They have a few key wins against decent D3 schools. Seeding will be the key with them, as a win over 8-1 D3 Bexley will skyrocket them in the rankings. A loss could put them playing on the road and make it a little tougher.

Ready should not be overlooked either. Minford was healthy and playing tremendous defense when they played Ready and held their big back in check most of the game. Valley seems to have a little problem stopping the run (realized this from the Burg game) and Ready is well coached and will pound the ball until they break a big one, but can also throw it as well.

I dont think it matters who comes out of Region 21 this year. Kirkland, Columbia and Marion Local are the teams to beat. I like Marion Local over the Kirkland/Columbia winner in the finals if the semis work out that way.

Good luck to both teams but I think only 1 has a legitimate chance of getting out of their region this year, and its Burg.
Good analysis, but I wouldn't base much off the Burg game. It was almost a mirror image of last year. Burg led 14-7 @ half, and pulled away to win 33-7. Same thing this year..14-7 @ half, pulled away to a 35-13 win. If Valley is healthy they can make a run back to the Final Four. A state title is not likely with Marion Local and Kirtland sitting out there, but hey...any given Firday (or Saturday lol)

Good Luck to Burg and Valley as they finish the season and represent the SOC and SEO respectively.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I disagree with you a bit coop. I thought last year, Valley played a better game. They had a couple of miscues. This year they could not do anything offensively.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Bleeding Red wrote:D5 has Coldwater, Crestview, Norwayne and Edison who I think will all compete at a high level this year. I had picked Coldwater to win it all and still think they may waltz through D5.

This is a great and I feel, honestly accurate overview. Cheers!
I think the division 5 path for a SEO team to take it to the limit has never had an easier door to bully through than this year.
I also don't think our leader coming out of the side of the hill of 52, has'nt played a tough enough run of competition to compete outside of the region. The predatory schedule is missing.
Ironton is way off & will take some time, if ever to "rise again", A win over Jackson usually means tons, but unfortunately, the weight is gone there too. A valley "somewhat "convincing win should also mean something, but it still lacks for preparation for a burg run.
Burg has a good defense because there has not been an offensive threat yet & that will happen. Sooner than later.
I truly hope I'm wrong here, but my gut is almost always right.
While even in the finals, over the many years of IHS success,I always knew when we were going down before the game. I was only wrong in the infamous 4/1 call against Sandusky Perkins. A while ago yes, but we got there.
Anyway, my gut instinct is still Keen @ this point in my life.
I think all have overachieved & that's great, but it won't carry them all the way.
Good luck.

Return to “Football”