Poll: Who is most likely...

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Poll: Who is most likely...

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:D5 has Coldwater, Crestview, Norwayne and Edison who I think will all compete at a high level this year. I had picked Coldwater to win it all and still think they may waltz through D5.

Ursiline and Hartley are no longer in the region but there are still superior teams that have played very tough schedules in D5 outside of Region 17.

I think Burg will win the region but I dont think it will be as easy as some think. If they were upset along the way I wouldnt be surprised, but I wish them the best of luck. Minford has their struggles this year and held right with them and moved the ball on them the first half which surprised me.

As far as Valley is concerned, they are a very good team but to see how bad Burg beat them last week tells me that they have played a really weak schedule and they are miles behind what some thought they would be this year. I had them penciled in the final 4 at the beginning of the year with a chance to win it all if they got a few breaks here and there. Watching Burg move the ball with ease on Valley's defense and Valley only having a little over 100 yds of offense vs Burg tells me they are not as good as advertised. Hopefully I am wrong.

I think Grandview Heights has the best chance to win Region 21 right now. They have a few key wins against decent D3 schools. Seeding will be the key with them, as a win over 8-1 D3 Bexley will skyrocket them in the rankings. A loss could put them playing on the road and make it a little tougher.

Ready should not be overlooked either. Minford was healthy and playing tremendous defense when they played Ready and held their big back in check most of the game. Valley seems to have a little problem stopping the run (realized this from the Burg game) and Ready is well coached and will pound the ball until they break a big one, but can also throw it as well.

I dont think it matters who comes out of Region 21 this year. Kirkland, Columbia and Marion Local are the teams to beat. I like Marion Local over the Kirkland/Columbia winner in the finals if the semis work out that way.

Good luck to both teams but I think only 1 has a legitimate chance of getting out of their region this year, and its Burg.
This is a great and I feel, honestly accurate overview. Cheers!
I think the division 5 path for a SEO team to take it to the limit has never had an easier door to bully through than this year.
I also don't think our leader coming out of the side of the hill of 52, has'nt played a tough enough run of competition to compete outside of the region. The predatory schedule is missing.
Ironton is way off & will take some time, if ever to "rise again", A win over Jackson usually means tons, but unfortunately, the weight is gone there too. A valley "somewhat "convincing win should also mean something, but it still lacks for preparation for a burg run.
Burg has a good defense because there has not been an offensive threat yet & that will happen. Sooner than later.
I truly hope I'm wrong here, but my gut is almost always right.
While even in the finals, over the many years of IHS success,I always knew when we were going down before the game. I was only wrong in the infamous 4/1 call against Sandusky Perkins. A while ago yes, but we got there.
Anyway, my gut instinct is still Keen @ this point in my life.
I think all have overachieved & that's great, but it won't carry them all the way.
Good luck.
Haters gonna hate. :lol:

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

P(irate) wrote:
Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:D5 has Coldwater, Crestview, Norwayne and Edison who I think will all compete at a high level this year. I had picked Coldwater to win it all and still think they may waltz through D5.

Ursiline and Hartley are no longer in the region but there are still superior teams that have played very tough schedules in D5 outside of Region 17.

I think Burg will win the region but I dont think it will be as easy as some think. If they were upset along the way I wouldnt be surprised, but I wish them the best of luck. Minford has their struggles this year and held right with them and moved the ball on them the first half which surprised me.

As far as Valley is concerned, they are a very good team but to see how bad Burg beat them last week tells me that they have played a really weak schedule and they are miles behind what some thought they would be this year. I had them penciled in the final 4 at the beginning of the year with a chance to win it all if they got a few breaks here and there. Watching Burg move the ball with ease on Valley's defense and Valley only having a little over 100 yds of offense vs Burg tells me they are not as good as advertised. Hopefully I am wrong.

I think Grandview Heights has the best chance to win Region 21 right now. They have a few key wins against decent D3 schools. Seeding will be the key with them, as a win over 8-1 D3 Bexley will skyrocket them in the rankings. A loss could put them playing on the road and make it a little tougher.

Ready should not be overlooked either. Minford was healthy and playing tremendous defense when they played Ready and held their big back in check most of the game. Valley seems to have a little problem stopping the run (realized this from the Burg game) and Ready is well coached and will pound the ball until they break a big one, but can also throw it as well.

I dont think it matters who comes out of Region 21 this year. Kirkland, Columbia and Marion Local are the teams to beat. I like Marion Local over the Kirkland/Columbia winner in the finals if the semis work out that way.

Good luck to both teams but I think only 1 has a legitimate chance of getting out of their region this year, and its Burg.
This is a great and I feel, honestly accurate overview. Cheers!
I think the division 5 path for a SEO team to take it to the limit has never had an easier door to bully through than this year.
I also don't think our leader coming out of the side of the hill of 52, has'nt played a tough enough run of competition to compete outside of the region. The predatory schedule is missing.
Ironton is way off & will take some time, if ever to "rise again", A win over Jackson usually means tons, but unfortunately, the weight is gone there too. A valley "somewhat "convincing win should also mean something, but it still lacks for preparation for a burg run.
Burg has a good defense because there has not been an offensive threat yet & that will happen. Sooner than later.
I truly hope I'm wrong here, but my gut is almost always right.
While even in the finals, over the many years of IHS success,I always knew when we were going down before the game. I was only wrong in the infamous 4/1 call against Sandusky Perkins. A while ago yes, but we got there.
Anyway, my gut instinct is still Keen @ this point in my life.
I think all have overachieved & that's great, but it won't carry them all the way.
Good luck.
Haters gonna hate. :lol:
this is the first time I didn't choose the burg or come to your games post of the week in all the years this site has existed & not congratulated the burg or said you deserved the win.
This is a topic where you either play wishy washy & stay in the middle or call it out.
No hate, just an agreement with the poster I quoted & what I feel is the truth.
No Hate.
My gut check.
Your no level of criticism accepted reply!!!
But, why try & reason with someone who starts the day identifying as "IRATE"with a P.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I would be more apt to hear what you say, but unfortunately you give no explanation as to why you feel there is no credit to burgs dominant wins over Jackson and valley.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Valley may not win the the region but to suggest it wont happen because the burg shut them down is a bit of a stretch. Is there a team in valley's region that comes close to playing 'D' as well as the burg? Is there a team in the region that has burg's depth? They probably gave up 50 all year and most of those were garbage. Anyway, all you can do is compete.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

I know it means nothing once you get into the playoffs.

Schedule Strength:

Burg 45 out of 107 (D5)
Zane Trace 92 out of 107 (D5)
Alexander 69 out of 107 (D5)
River Valley 70 out of 107 (D5)
Ironton 63 out of 107 (D5)
Valley 49 out of 108 (D6)
Paint Valley 91 out of 108 (D6)
Trimble 70 out of 111 (D7)

This might give up an idea of who some of these teams have played this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FIDO wrote:Valley may not win the the region but to suggest it wont happen because the burg shut them down is a bit of a stretch. Is there a team in valley's region that comes close to playing 'D' as well as the burg? Is there a team in the region that has burg's depth? They probably gave up 50 all year and most of those were garbage. Anyway, all you can do is compete.

Burg had the first very good defense and offense Valley has faced this year. It wrecked them on both sides of the ball. Looking at Valleys schedule, there isn't a team on there that has played well, against good competition, on both sides of the ball.

If you've never seen Grandview Heights, they place a tough schedule and they have a quick, big line they can run behind and they can throw the ball. It's not the same offense as Burg but their schemes and quickness are similar. I think Burgs offense is better than GH, but very similar to the same one that Valley had no answer for. I hope Valley wins the region but I think Grandview Heights, for several reasons, is the team to beat.

Heck GH might lose their first game though......this is high school football lol.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:
FIDO wrote:Valley may not win the the region but to suggest it wont happen because the burg shut them down is a bit of a stretch. Is there a team in valley's region that comes close to playing 'D' as well as the burg? Is there a team in the region that has burg's depth? They probably gave up 50 all year and most of those were garbage. Anyway, all you can do is compete.

Burg had the first very good defense and offense Valley has faced this year. It wrecked them on both sides of the ball. Looking at Valleys schedule, there isn't a team on there that has played well, against good competition, on both sides of the ball.

If you've never seen Grandview Heights, they place a tough schedule and they have a quick, big line they can run behind and they can throw the ball. It's not the same offense as Burg but their schemes and quickness are similar. I think Burgs offense is better than GH, but very similar to the same one that Valley had no answer for. I hope Valley wins the region but I think Grandview Heights, for several reasons, is the team to beat.

Heck GH might lose their first game though......this is high school football lol.
How does Grandview differ this year from the team that Valley eliminated in RD2 last year? I'm sure they return alot and have a good line, but curious what the strong suit has been this season? I can't get much from thier schedule as thier defeated opponents are 26-46, with a loss to 4-5 Columbus Academy. They have D3 8-1 Bexley left, so I will be keeping a close eye on that one. Valley has played GH 2 times in the Playoffs and are 2-0 against them.

Of course every year is different, but there is a bit of history there.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Bleeding Red wrote:

I'm not sure what to think of valley at this point because of the injuries and not know who is or isn't healthy..There are lots of rumors floating.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

coop wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

How does Grandview differ this year from the team that Valley eliminated in RD2 last year? I'm sure they return alot and have a good line, but curious what the strong suit has been this season? I can't get much from thier schedule as thier defeated opponents are 26-46, with a loss to 4-5 Columbus Academy. They have D3 8-1 Bexley left, so I will be keeping a close eye on that one. Valley has played GH 2 times in the Playoffs and are 2-0 against them.

Of course every year is different, but there is a bit of history there.
I would classify GH as between this year's Burg team and the 09 Ridgewood team as far as style of play. The have a very athletic line and good backs. They can throw the ball by spreading defenses out and also have a very good FB they run power I with.

The Bexley game will be huge for them either way.

I am not hating on Valley, simply saying that at this point I would have to pick GH to win the region because of injuries and how Valley played against Burg. I would love to see Valley make a big run.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Oh no doubt, GH is always a quality team. I'm not saying you're hating at all, just curious on what they have been doing this season.

I think for Valley, it really comes down to the injury situation overall. Hopefully the Indians come out tonight and take care of business so some players can rest in the 2nd half going into the playoffs.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Coop- who does Valley have on the injury list that will either sit tonight or be playing through it?

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Valley @ Burg 2014 halftime score was 7-7..... Obviously, good luck to both teams in the playoffs!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:Valley @ Burg 2014 halftime score was 7-7..... Obviously, good luck to both teams in the playoffs!
:lol: you're obviously killing me.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

I'm sorry irate, I just like to point out the obvious, it's kinda my thing...... SOCII rules!!!!!
Obviously!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:I'm sorry irate, I just like to point out the obvious, it's kinda my thing...... SOCII rules!!!!!
Obviously!
Nothing to be sorry about Captain. Just too funny.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

With Grandview Heights beating D3 playoff eligible Bexley tonight, I look for them to easily win Region 21.

I still have Burg winning their regional but will have a very close game or two along the way.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Hopefully all will be healthy for Valley coming up.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:With Grandview Heights beating D3 playoff eligible Bexley tonight, I look for them to easily win Region 21.

I still have Burg winning their regional but will have a very close game or two along the way.
Bexley isn't what you think. The beat 2 teams with winning records, 1 being D7 Harvest Prep, and the other 6-4 London. The only 2 teams they played that are in the playoffs drilled them.

GH may be the favorite, but Jackson will beat Bexley by 2-3 TDs.

It'll be a fun couple weeks!

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Don't count out those Spartans !!! Upsets can happen...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Jackson by 5TDs...I knew Bexley wasn't much.

Return to “Football”