Warren Local head football coach

Teddy44
Waterboy

Warren Local head football coach

Post by Teddy44 »

Who is in the running for this head coaching spot?

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: Warren Local head football coach

Post by fortdawg »

Hopefully they hire a little earlier than they did the last time. Waiting as long as they did was unfair to the kids and coaches. I wonder why the community lets the Administration get away with it?

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

That is a good question. What even happened to their last coach?

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

Has anyone heard of any names? Someone told me old South Coach Bolen was in the running? ?

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Bigboy97 wrote:Has anyone heard of any names? Someone told me old South Coach Bolen was in the running? ?
I was told a coach at Southern tossed his hat in the ring. If true this would be a good get for Warren.

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

Did he resign Southern? Or just trying to move up?

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

They are talking about Parkersburg South, not Southern Local in Meigs County. Coach Bolen was a very good coach at Belpre before going to Park South. I think he may have coached at Warren after that for a year or two?

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Warren is in their process. Bolen coached at Warren 1 year (3-7), then went to Parkersburg South. He did not officially apply at Warren this time. Sothern's coach was let go from football and is now Southern's Head baseball coach. Go figure! Warren's Coach was told he would not be rehired. He is now an assistant at Fed Hock.

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

rockcoach wrote:Warren is in their process. Bolen coached at Warren 1 year (3-7), then went to Parkersburg South. He did not officially apply at Warren this time. Sothern's coach was let go from football and is now Southern's Head baseball coach. Go figure! Warren's Coach was told he would not be rehired. He is now an assistant at Fed Hock.
So have you heard of any candidates they are interested in?

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Teddy44 wrote:That is a good question. What even happened to their last coach?
I think what happened was 18 straight losses and 34 points in an entire varsity season (along with 0 combined wins amongst the 8th, 9th, JV, & Varsity teams).

What will be interesting to me is how much of the staff is retained. It *seemed* like there were several holdovers from the previous regime and I am not sure whether that was part of the deal when the guy was hired or if he just didn't have the ability to build his own staff. I don't know all the numbers, maybe it was just a few specific key people that created my perception.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Whoever this person is they need time and support. This situation is bad.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Still wonder why Warren decided to move on from Andy Schob.

Andy was 17-23 during his 4 seasons, with a .425 win percentage. Since 2000, only one WHS coach has done better (Jim Pifer, 14-16 in three seasons with a .467 win percentage). Schob also had the highest SEOAL win percentage (.300) of any coach since Kevin Welsh went 3-4 in the league during his only season in charge (2001).

Whoever WHS hires will be their 8th coach in 16 years.

FWIW - Bolin, Pifer, and Schob are the only three coaches to win at least three games in a single season since 2002.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

As an outsider looking in, what a sad football situation. Sure hope they turn things around. And I am glad that the game with Steubenville for 2016 did not come to fruition.

Best of luck to the Vincent Warren faithful!!

You can take the boy out of the 'ville, but you can't take the 'ville out of the boy!!
rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Coach Schob resigned from the position. He was planning on getting into administration, which he did. Most assistant coaches have been around Warren for years. Fish had a combination of the old coaches and several he brought into the program. I believe if the person I expect to be hired gets the job, there will be several new face on the staff. The problem at Warren has been the coaching carousel. EVERYONE needs to get on board with WHOEVER gets hired and realize that rebuilding the program is a marathon, not a sprint. Changing the attitude and the culture takes time.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

rockcoach wrote:Coach Schob resigned from the position. He was planning on getting into administration, which he did. Most assistant coaches have been around Warren for years. Fish had a combination of the old coaches and several he brought into the program. I believe if the person I expect to be hired gets the job, there will be several new face on the staff. The problem at Warren has been the coaching carousel. EVERYONE needs to get on board with WHOEVER gets hired and realize that rebuilding the program is a marathon, not a sprint. Changing the attitude and the culture takes time.
Thanks for the insight on Coach Schob. Always struck me as a good guy in my interactions with him.

Hope Warren can get back on their feet. They really seemed to be on the right track during the Pifer/Schob era. I never knew Coach Fish, don't think its fair to place blame anywhere, he may have just gotten the job at the wrong time. I'm not on the ground there so who knows.

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

rockcoach wrote:Coach Schob resigned from the position. He was planning on getting into administration, which he did. Most assistant coaches have been around Warren for years. Fish had a combination of the old coaches and several he brought into the program. I believe if the person I expect to be hired gets the job, there will be several new face on the staff. The problem at Warren has been the coaching carousel. EVERYONE needs to get on board with WHOEVER gets hired and realize that rebuilding the program is a marathon, not a sprint. Changing the attitude and the culture takes time.
Who is it you "believe" will get the job?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

+1

These kids deserve a chance

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When Warren brings in these coaches are they getting good help?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

Warren needs to rebuild that program and quick. If we are going to recruit schools to the league we need to have more than just one good football program. It would be nice to have at least two so we could attract the Parkersburgs and Zanesville type schools. Meigs is starting to talk like they are a top notch program and they've shown they are not scared of Jackson, and they already played Warren so Maybe we could get them in if Warren improves. Of course if Warren stays down and we get a few weaker teams in Athens may want to come back too so it's kind of a double edged sword.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

warren should go after Jon Bolen or Kevin Welch.
Both been there before and know the ins and outs of Warren.
I think Welch still teaches there.
Bolen was a assistant this past year at Parkersburg, but I've been told he isn't coming back to Parkersburg for 2016.

Return to “Football”