Best Running Backs in SEOPS Coverage Area in History

california kid
Varsity

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by california kid »

BigTime wrote:
trojanofthepast wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Derek Arnold will go down as one of the best backs in SEO history when his carrer is over. That kid has it all. He runs over, under, and around any one who try's to stop him. I haven't seen a young man with his field vision ever.

I'm sorry you missed out on the best one maybe of all time in SEO high school history. Jo Jo Parker.... And I don't mean that as any disrespect to Derek Arnold it's just Jo Jo was a once in a generation type high school RB.

trojanofthepast
couldn't have said it better myself.

that guy was crazy good

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

really makes you wonder how someone like parker with that kinda talent didn't really push it in the next level. . . . mike hunt the same, . . . everyone hits their peeks at different times. . . anyone around chesapeake could always show you luke beach. . . best freshman i've ever seen in highschool football. . . he was a man at 15. . . .never seen anything like that.. .

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

trojanofthepast wrote:There have been several good backs in SEO over the last 5 yrs. There has not been a great back over the last 5 yrs. A Lot of people have said Jo Jo Parker on here and to me that was the last great back in SEO. Anyone that seen him play could not disagree with that statement. The game against Licking Valley in the playoffs was unbelievable. The run he made to put it into OT was one that is legendary. But don't forget the first carry in OT for him, he took it to the house. The last 2 carries of his high school career was 2 carries 105 yards and 2 TD's enough said. If we would have given him the ball for a 2 pt conversion instead of missing another extra point. We would have probably won a state title that year.

im a West Sider and i still couldnt agree with you more!!!

texas dancer
Riding the Bench

Post by texas dancer »

Gotta go with JoJo Parker. That kid could do anything. Watching him play was amazing.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

I never saw Parker in person, but from what I have been told he was truly special. I will go back about ten years or so with this one....does anyone remember Justin Roush from Meigs? That guy was brutal when he had the ball and probably the best field vision I have ever seen! He is one of the best I have seen and I dont think he gets the credit he deserves.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

PIGSKIN JUNKIE wrote:I never saw Parker in person, but from what I have been told he was truly special. I will go back about ten years or so with this one....does anyone remember Justin Roush from Meigs? That guy was brutal when he had the ball and probably the best field vision I have ever seen! He is one of the best I have seen and I dont think he gets the credit he deserves.

Both of the Roush boys were bruisers!!!!!!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Athens - Chris Hewitt
Senior Year he went for 1400 rushing, around 600 recieving and had 25 TD's
Junior Year he went for 1100 rushing, 500 recieving and had 10 TD's
Freshman & Sophomore year combined for 1000 rushing, 200 some recieving and 9 TD's

Add that with Grant Gregory on the same field and they were a great threat!!!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

trojanofthepast wrote:There have been several good backs in SEO over the last 5 yrs. There has not been a great back over the last 5 yrs. A Lot of people have said Jo Jo Parker on here and to me that was the last great back in SEO. Anyone that seen him play could not disagree with that statement. The game against Licking Valley in the playoffs was unbelievable. The run he made to put it into OT was one that is legendary. But don't forget the first carry in OT for him, he took it to the house. The last 2 carries of his high school career was 2 carries 105 yards and 2 TD's enough said. If we would have given him the ball for a 2 pt conversion instead of missing another extra point. We would have probably won a state title that year.

How the Trojans did not bring home the State is beyond me. That team was LOADED with talent. We wont see talent like that in these parts in a very very long time.

oops forgot to post my opinion of the best back, Jo Jo Parker.

xotigerfanox
Waterboy

Post by xotigerfanox »

I cant remember his name but the 06 07 westfall running back who ran for 402 yards against waverly in play off game :122248

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

I remember jerrod Penelton running for 230 yds and 3tds in the first half against that same waverly team.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Best Running Backs from SEOPS Coverage Area in History

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Also, I was thinking pendelton from his sophomore to senior year against minford never had less than 180 yds and 3 tds. He seemed to really put it on minford. His junior year was crazy I know he ended up with over 300 in the game and if I'm not mistaken had 2 or 3 long ones called back.

gymrat
Riding the Bench

Post by gymrat »

I dont think overall but I remember one game in which Kevin bass had well over 250 yards and 3 TDs against Portsmouth in 05. He won the Archie Griffin Player of the week for the State of Ohio.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Well if I was sticking to the last 5 years, I'd say Gaiters from Zanesville, and Frye from Logan. Going back 10 or more, I'd say JoJo Parker was the best I've seen but I'm biased there, I never saw anyone stop him though. I also liked Jeremiah Bolden (Portsmouth), the small speedy back Waverly had in the early 2000's, and I'm sure many more I'll think of when I'm not quite so sleepy.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

yeah burg your thinking cody hunt. . he was the smaller younger brother of mike who graduated the year earlier, trust me i played in that game, we were quite faster at the rb positions than anything the burg had, not that that made a diff in the game. . . .we just had a real bad gameplan, that offense was nasty. . . nothing prepared us for that offense all year. . the four wide and dives. . ugh

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

1. Jermon Jackson
2. JoJo Parker

Noone else is even in their league.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

How can Portsmouth fans for get about BOOMER?

Seen them both, and in my mind Jo Jo takes a backseat to Boomer and Troy Parker, who as a Sophmore was leading the NCAA in rushing and scoring going into week 6 when he tore his knee up.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

buckeye83 wrote:Jo Jo Parker was the best overall back ive ever seen in southern Ohio football wether your talking past 5 years or past 25 years

If you wanna talk 25 years, Jermon Jackson is far and away the best back from SEO. Bobby Brice would be number 2. Michael Parker was the best Parker of the bunch in Portsmouth. That kid was a freight train!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Roush was a great player, but Justin Gail was a level above him in my opinion. Roush had a lot more drive and goal to play at the next level. I would have loved to see Gail play 4 years at OU... he could have been drafted.

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

In the next few years you will all know the name "whopper." Just wait and see.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Purple Tornado wrote:In the next few years you will all know the name "whopper." Just wait and see.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Who are the tornados and what kind of name is whopper, more like flopper comin from a TORNADOOOOOOOOOOOO :122246 :lol:

Return to “Football”