Best Running Backs in SEOPS Coverage Area in History

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Best Running Backs in SEOPS Coverage Area in History

Post by countywide35 »

But I would have to go with Jacksons Shane Wolford......2000+yrds 30TDS and Mr. Ohio Football. All names mentioned were some mighty fine RBs but Wolford was in a league of his own with the hardware to show.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Funny to see all those people posting JoJo and now seeing his son with a chance to surpass him. A few names I didn't see brought up was the West hb from 02(Lens?). Cantrell was a great at fullback that year. Also the 3 headed monsters employed by Ironton around 05 maybe and the West team around 08 when Pendleton was a sophomore. Alot of talented back in scioto county over the years. Montavan at Northwest in 2000, Pendletons at West, Valley had a lot of good ones in the late 90s early 00s before we started playing them. I do believe Gaiters might be at the top of the list of guys I've seen play against us, he shreaded some good defenses and scored at will.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Tim Williams, Oak Hill, rushed for 2,093 yards his senior year in the late 70's and was the Ohio Class A back of the year.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Luke Keller from valley I think is very underrated

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

Just gonna butt in and say that Braden Bellville should fit into this list somewhere. His freshman year he had 480 yds and 5td as a part time FB. Sophomore year he had 800 yards and around 10 td, as a Full time FB. Last year he had 1826 yds and around 27 td as primary RB. and this year he is sitting at 1,200 i beieve and around 20 TD, HE HAS NEVER HAD LESS THAN 100 YDS IN A PLAYOFF GAME.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:38 pm But I would have to go with Jacksons Shane Wolford......2000+yrds 30TDS and Mr. Ohio Football. All names mentioned were some mighty fine RBs but Wolford was in a league of his own with the hardware to show.
Shane Wolford did not win Mr. Football.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:30 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:38 pm But I would have to go with Jacksons Shane Wolford......2000+yrds 30TDS and Mr. Ohio Football. All names mentioned were some mighty fine RBs but Wolford was in a league of his own with the hardware to show.
Shane Wolford did not win Mr. Football.
The name is not there

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

i stand corrected. He finished 2nd that year. My apologies.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

Chillicothe has had some great ones! From the 70s Mike Doles, Carl Hitchens, Stacey Hitchens, Kirk Hitchens, Mike Fairrow and later Matt Mauger, Nate Rosenbauer to name a few. 🏉

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:08 am Luke Keller from valley I think is very underrated
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9vSLHIU_Fc

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Alitown wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 pm
Izladoom wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:08 am Luke Keller from valley I think is very underrated
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L9vSLHIU_Fc
Ill never forget that run he had at burg where he just ran over everyone

Railroadn
JV Team

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by Railroadn »

fightingtigers45 wrote: Sun May 03, 2009 10:30 am 1. Jermon Jackson
2. JoJo Parker

Noone else is even in their league.
I agree 100%

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

JoJo Parker was a very good back, but before him was possibly the best back I've seen in Akia Brown. Just the prototypical sized back to go with 4.4-4.5 speed, great vision, yes he played on some really good teams. He also received a bunch of offers across the board including a quite a few from D1 schools. Akia's problem like some of the guys listed and some of the guys to come in this area and even at the same school is getting the grades. Akia had a ton of god given talent and I'll be honest he said Clifford didn't even make him work hard and he just showed up and was that good. Big back, speed and vision, seen him play quite a bit and seen JoJo play as well hands down for me it's Akia and JoJo is probably a distant #2.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Dustin young https://youtu.be/40kk2xhmpAg

Derek Arnold https://youtu.be/1il8bWqbVQo

Alex mount https://youtu.be/OWv3h46BgF8

NY is known for their running backs and these three are just a few in the last few years that have been great backs for the buckeyes

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:29 am JoJo Parker was a very good back, but before him was possibly the best back I've seen in Akia Brown. Just the prototypical sized back to go with 4.4-4.5 speed, great vision, yes he played on some really good teams. He also received a bunch of offers across the board including a quite a few from D1 schools. Akia's problem like some of the guys listed and some of the guys to come in this area and even at the same school is getting the grades. Akia had a ton of god given talent and I'll be honest he said Clifford didn't even make him work hard and he just showed up and was that good. Big back, speed and vision, seen him play quite a bit and seen JoJo play as well hands down for me it's Akia and JoJo is probably a distant #2.

Akia’s son is quite the player for Wheelersburg now.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

How can this list hold any water if Trea Williams from Athens not on it

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Older bird wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:41 am How can this list hold any water if Trea Williams from Athens not on it
For that matter... no mention of Drew Cannon from New Lexington?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

George McAfee from Ironton should be the best or close to it. Since he is in the College Football Hall of Fame and the NFL Hall of Fame. Was the second player taken in the NFL Draft by the Bears in 1940.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

OVCfan32 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:15 pm really makes you wonder how someone like parker with that kinda talent didn't really push it in the next level. . . . mike hunt the same, . . . everyone hits their peeks at different times. . . anyone around chesapeake could always show you luke beach. . . best freshman i've ever seen in highschool football. . . he was a man at 15. . . .never seen anything like that.. .
Agreed. I graduated two years before Luke, but he was a man, and then hurt his knee and was never the same. If you asked me who was going to be a legit college football player it was him. Never regained his speed once injured.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

thenino wrote: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:38 pm I can't think of an OUTSTANDING RB from southeastern Ohio but I think Jared Pendleton from west is one of the best I have seen in the SOC the last 5 years
He was good for the SOC, but if you watch when they played Ironton Coach Lutz and I believe the Tiger defense shut him down. Pretty sure that game was game of the week covered by JJ Huddle himself.
I would go with Jermon Jackson from Ironton and JoJo Parker from Portsmouth as best backs in this area.

Return to “Football”