Wheelersburg Pirates 2016 Season

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Wheelersburg Pirates 2016 Season

Post by Mad-Dogg »

2016 Schedule

I know wk 2 is open. i've heard the possibility of renewing with fairland. I've also heard from friends within the school of some possibilities. I also seen on the ohsaa site where cincy nch is not on the schedule wk 4 and fairland is on there for wk 2.

Wk 1: Ironton (Home)
Wk2: Fairland (Away) ??
Wk 3: Portsmouth (Home)
Wk 4:
Wk 5: Jackson (Home)
Wk 6: Oak Hill (Away)
Wk 7: Waverly (Away)
Wk 8: Minford (Home)
Wk 9: Valley (Home)
Wk 10: Ports West (Away)
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Abe Froman
S

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates 2016 Season

Post by Abe Froman »

9-1 and a league championship is my humble prediction. Let's get week 4 filled.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

The Jackson game should be a great one!

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Abe Froman wrote:9-1 and a league championship is my humble prediction. Let's get week 4 filled.
9 and 1 lol!! who in Southern Oh stops us? Jackson??? Maybe that's it. let us put Chillicothe another div 3 team instead of Fairland. BTW ww will go 10 and 0 then playoffs.....JMO

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The Burg is always loaded . Jackson comes to Pirate Country this season , leaving with a win will be very difficult . But it's defiantly a southern Ohio marquee matchup .

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

8332 Granite St wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:9-1 and a league championship is my humble prediction. Let's get week 4 filled.
9 and 1 lol!! who in Southern Oh stops us? Jackson??? Maybe that's it. let us put Chillicothe another div 3 team instead of Fairland. BTW ww will go 10 and 0 then playoffs.....JMO
Jackson-burgs a toss up. Jackson is way more than capable of coming into the burg and leaving with a W.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

fbnut wrote:
8332 Granite St wrote:
Jackson-burgs a toss up. Jackson is way more than capable of coming into the burg and leaving with a W.
Personally I see the burg goin 10-0 and another possible date with coldwater again. Hopefully this time if it happens the ohsaa won't pull some stupid BS and make it the semi finals

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

I love the pirates but 10-0 what are we basing this on who all is returning?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bdog_198807 wrote:I love the pirates but 10-0 what are we basing this on who all is returning?
The burg does return a lot of very talented kids but most of the predictions are probably based on the terribly weak schedule. It's a long way out but burg should be huge favorites in every game they play except for Jackson which is a toss up.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg offensively will be a juggernaut, if the line can be effective. Defensively they lose the entire secondary, but they have capable kids. They will have plenty of depth. 10-0 is a possibility but a physical team may give them fits.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Wheelersburg hadn't gone undefeated since 1989 prior to last year and now people are guaranteeing 10-0 again next year. WOW. Going undefeated is a tremendous feat. I'd like to at least see a couple of scrimmages before predicting 10-0 that's all. Do I think the Pirates will win the SOC? Yes. The biggest question to an undefeated season will be the O and D lines. They should have plenty of skill players and one ornery linebacker that much is sure.
Go Pirates.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Burg Bias wrote:Wheelersburg hadn't gone undefeated since 1989 prior to last year and now people are guaranteeing 10-0 again next year. WOW. Going undefeated is a tremendous feat. I'd like to at least see a couple of scrimmages before predicting 10-0 that's all. Do I think the Pirates will win the SOC? Yes. The biggest question to an undefeated season will be the O and D lines. They should have plenty of skill players and one ornery linebacker that much is sure.
Go Pirates.
Good post! I would love to see the pirates go 10-0. But calling it this early is silly. And I hope they have a good condition plan this summer to get them ready for teams like Coldwater or it will be the same result. I don't know what could get them at coldwaters level other than a tougher schedule. And it looks the same as last year. But I'm sure coach will do all he can to have them prepared.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Coldwater was an eye opener for sure, not used to being on the wrong end of a running clock. Not our best effort no doubt about that, but they were at another level in my opinion than what we were used to or what many of us maybe expected. Knew they were good, but their execution for a DV school was top notch.

Lost a bunch but return a bunch and bring up a group of freshman that have I believe only one loss.

So for a way to early prediction I think the SOC title is very likely, a play-off berth with a high seed is very likely, and playing again in Week 13 is likely.
Beyond that will just need to see how much they get better as the season goes on and how any injuries or issues like that play into it.

Given how OHSAA selects final four brackets, and takes into account travel time, the likelihood of playing Coldwater (can't believe they won't be there again after Week 13) is pretty likely in the semi-final. Be nice to not play them Week 14, but probably will happen again.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think the OHSAA will always give a SE representative the tougher of the Final 4 teams.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When it comes the four I think OHSAA should always put the south against the north. Always alternate..........NW vs SE.....NE vs SW and then the next year...NW vs SW....NE vs SE

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
8332 Granite St
JV Team

could Wheelersburg move down to div.6 they were only like 3 male students away last year from being div.6 or is their going to be more male students. just wondering cause I know minford was div.4 one year then back to five this yr and this past yr waverly went from 5 to 4.....????

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Still D5 is my understanding.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Thanks! And let's bring on Coldwater again!! GO BURG!!!

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

8332 Granite St wrote:could Wheelersburg move down to div.6 they were only like 3 male students away last year from being div.6 or is their going to be more male students. just wondering cause I know minford was div.4 one year then back to five this yr and this past yr waverly went from 5 to 4.....????
I believe they do recounts every 2 years so we would definitely be in D5 again this season.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Begs the question, how has the Burg been able to stay so dominant for 47 seasons?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”