Jackson 2016 Schedule

doubleplay643
S

Re: Jackson 2016 Schedule

Post by doubleplay643 »

Raider6309 wrote:I mean Winton Woods is a big time game. They beat Elder this year. Seems like a big injury game to play late in the season. But it is very impressive to play a team that good
Watterson plays them this week and if they can win they have a shot at the #8 seed I read somewhere for Region 9

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

billcox wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:I mean Winton Woods is a big time game. They beat Elder this year. Seems like a big injury game to play late in the season. But it is very impressive to play a team that good

No doubt. Winton Woods is a helluva pick up.
Ok Jackson football is gonna try something new next year
"Quit making excuses"
Per Billcox

I'm done with this hater

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It is great to want to go out and play all these really tough schools but with only 2 league games and a lot of schools looking for 1 and done home games, travel costs have to be considered.

Also, just because Jackson may be willing to play a certain school, doesn't mean that school wants to play them.

It's easy to say "well this team is only 45 minutes away and they are a powerhouse so we should play them"
If that school doesn't want to play you then it won't happen and your stuck with Meigs or another local team who isn't as good.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

I know you're a big fan, but the teams in southernohio are as weak as they have been for 30 years. Just look around and rethink that statement.
doubleplay643 wrote:The Ironmen 2016 team will be very possibly the best squad we have seen since 1996 or perhaps ever IMO.

The program is ready for a Watterson, DeSales, HT, Marion Franklin , Clinton Massie type of team(s) to be added to the non league portion of the schedule (soon everything may be non league) in addition to Chillicothe and Burg who I hope we keep for a long time.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No credit for Winton Woods?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironmen44 wrote:I know you're a big fan, but the teams in southernohio are as weak as they have been for 30 years. Just look around and rethink that statement.
doubleplay643 wrote:The Ironmen 2016 team will be very possibly the best squad we have seen since 1996 or perhaps ever IMO.

The program is ready for a Watterson, DeSales, HT, Marion Franklin , Clinton Massie type of team(s) to be added to the non league portion of the schedule (soon everything may be non league) in addition to Chillicothe and Burg who I hope we keep for a long time.
Not saying every week Ironmen44 for all 8 weeks we have to play those teams lol. But maybe play the two league games and then 1-2 "up-schedule" opponents (see above examples) is something to consider.

I like Burg, Chilly, Meigs staying on the schedule though with Logan and Warren those make a lot of sense. I can argue Wellston either way, the money is the driving force, but I could also argue it may be time to change it up. Either argument is valid.

Next year with Burg and Winton Woods and Chilly/Logan/WJ we have the makings for a pretty strong schedule again.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Week 1: AT Wellston - This game is played for one reason: money. For that reason, it will continue unfortunately.

Week 2: AT Chillicothe - This is a good game against a solid D3 program. Need to keep this one for sure.

Week 3: West Jefferson - I believe this is the last year of a 4 year contract. West Jeff is having a down year right now, but they're a quality program.

Week 4: Western Brown - Granville was only a one year deal. This is a game against a D3 team that's currently 6-3. Doubt that this series lasts very long though.

Week 5: AT Wheelersburg - Wheelersburg is a great game regardless of what division they are. They're the class of SE Ohio this season, and I hope this game stays on the schedule forever.

Week 6: Warren - Warren is still in the SEOAL for now. Hope they can get their program back on the rise.

Week 7: Logan - Another game that needs to stay on the schedule, no matter what happens with the SEOAL. Logan is a strong, D2 program that I really respect.

Week 8: Meigs - The Meigs program seems to be on the rise, but I'd rather schedule someone else. The TVC doesn't want Jackson, and to be quite honest, I don't want the TVC.

Week 9: Cincinnati Winton Woods - Cincinnati powerhouse. D2 state champ in 2009. GREAT game to raise the competition level for the program.

Week 10: OPEN - Not many teams with open dates on the OHSAA website right now. Hope to find a quality opponent.
Last edited by ironman02 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

W643 - just have an issue saying the 2016 team will possibly be the best squad since 1996. All the teams that are around us (Gallia, Warren) right now are really bad. I think you will see how good we are in the playoffs this year compared to years past.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

ironman02 wrote:Week 1: AT Wellston - This game is played for one reason: money. For that reason, it will continue unforntunately.

Week 2: AT Chillicothe - This is good game against a solid D3 program. Need to keep this one for sure.

Week 3: West Jefferson - I believe this is the last year of a 4 year contract. West Jeff is having a down year right now, but they're a quality program.

Week 4: Western Brown - Granville was only a one year deal. This is a game against a D3 team that's currently 6-3. Doubt that this series lasts very long though.

Week 5: AT Wheelersburg - Wheelersburg is a great game regardless of what division they are. They're the class of SE Ohio this season, and I hope this game stays on the schedule forever.

Week 6: Warren - Warren is still in the SEOAL for now. Hope they can get their program back on the rise.

Week 7: Logan - Another game that needs to stay on the schedule, no matter what happens with the SEOAL. Logan is a stong, D2 program that I really respect.

Week 8: Meigs - The Meigs program seems to be on the rise, but I'd rather schedule someone else. The TVC doesn't want Jackson, and to be quite honest, I don't want the TVC.

Week 9: Cincinnati Winton Woods - Cincinnati powerhouse. D2 state champ in 2009. GREAT game to raise the competition level for the program.

Week 10: OPEN - Not many teams with open dates on the OHSAA website right now. Hope to find a quality opponent.
Wonder if Jackson will look to West Virginia or Kentucky for week 10.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Why don't they Play Pt. Pleasant? Would've been great game last few years

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wonder if Jackson will look to West Virginia or Kentucky for week 10.
I think they might be forced to do that. Might not be a bad thing, but we'll see.

Scheduling games late in the season will be difficult because most schools are locked into league games at that point.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironmen44 wrote:W643 - just have an issue saying the 2016 team will possibly be the best squad since 1996. All the teams that are around us (Gallia, Warren) right now are really bad. I think you will see how good we are in the playoffs this year compared to years past.
Is that the team that lost to vc ?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

No, 1996 Jackson went 11-1. Undefeated regular season and lost to DeSales in the Regional Finals.

1997 Jackson was upset by VC, but went 9-1 in the regular season before losing to Youngstown East in the playoffs.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

doubleplay643 wrote:
P(irate) wrote:

I hope the Burg/Jackson series stays around for a long time. Always a physical game.
Yes it is always physical.

Last year we woke you up, and this year you returned the favor. We are a better team as a result of Burg reminding us of this and I hope we can duplicate what you did last year after your loss.

Good luck to Burg, look forward to coming to the shoe and watching you play Coldwater.
Yea. My nephew played on that Burg team last year and said that the loss to Jackson was the best thing that happened to them. I hope you guys can do as well. Represent SEO.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Johnson Central, Cabel Midland, Ashland

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Jackson vs. Point Pleasant yielded some great battles in the early 2000s. I would love to see that game played again, especially while Point is trending upward for the foreseeable future.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens vs Jackson

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Raider6309 wrote:Wellston
Chillicothe
West Jefferson
Western Brown
Wheelersburg
Warren
Logan
Meigs
Winton Woods
very nice schedule. I miss the ole SEOAL days.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Have to love when people get to post and just think this is how it works do it and it will fix everything. Reality is games are scheduled years in advance unless you have last minute openings. League play comes into as teams like SVC have 7 conference games so you have 3 open dates. Travel expense comes into play obviously, for a school Jackson's size they'd have to travel a bit while doing this once or twice a season is probably ok the suggestion to just get the best teams possible isn't one that will work for an entire season. I do believe they can go up into the Circleville area and play teams around there for quality opponent and competition. However, we have no idea if they've tried that or not takes 2 to tango. To blame a schedule as the reason why Jackson hasn't advanced in well sorry, crazy. Do a little research look around you think all these teams that go deep into the playoffs aren't playing ball busters week in and week out. 2014 Athens team goes to state just falls short of winning it and their 10 games schedule consisted of 2 teams Steubenville and Nelsonville that were above .500 and NY was a league game. While I do agree love to see them play some bigger teams I will also concede that I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and it's not like it guarantees them making a deeper playoff run.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson #62 SOS, Athens plays #73 SOS, Logan plays #90 SOS. We are in rural SEO, it's impossible to play a tough schedule. NY probably plays the toughest schedule for their size. #9 SOS. It means nothing

Return to “Football”