SEOAL Past and Future

SEOALLivesMatter
Waterboy

SEOAL Past and Future

Post by SEOALLivesMatter »

Here is a list of all the cut-n-run gang as I remember them. Maybe some of you can add to the list anyone I leave out.

Nelsonville
Meigs
Wellston
River Valley
Athens
Ironton
Chili
Zanesville
Marietta

Now most of those teams reside in the minor league they call the TVC. They now have a chance to regain some respect by allowing the current SEOAL teams to join, or they can come back to the league they fearfully ran from years ago. Let's see if they step up to the plate. If not, we all now know the SEOAL will survive. But will the cut-n-run gang step up to competition?

Cut-n-Runner
Waterboy

Re: SEOAL Past and Future

Post by Cut-n-Runner »

We have this as a motto in our athletic philosophy at Athens. Wait till this league gets too tough. We might buy the rights to the SVAC and start our own league.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

SEOALLivesMatter
Waterboy

Gonna take a lot more OU coaches to move in before they ever see another one of those things.

And then reality kicks in:

61-49 :lol:

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

But the big ONE is up the road at Nelsonville-York!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LHS 72 wrote:But the big ONE is up the road at Nelsonville-York!
I know. They got a gold one. We do have the only Mr. Football and 861 points. That might stand awhile. Can't see a team averaging 60 points for 15 games.

SEOALLivesMatter
Waterboy

Raider6309 wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:But the big ONE is up the road at Nelsonville-York!
I know. They got a gold one. We do have the only Mr. Football and 861 points. That might stand awhile. Can't see a team averaging 60 points for 15 games.

Not a bad average. Of course they played in the Tri Valley Minors. They would give up over 60 a game to the top tier teams in the SEOAL if they came back though.

JacksonMayor
Waterboy

Post by JacksonMayor »

I keep telling all you dumb hillbillies that I have a plan that would solve this whole thing but no one will listen.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens
Jackson
Logan
Marietta
Parkersburg
Parkersburg South
Warren

Marietta to Jackson looks to be the longest trip. What would be the best way?
Four of these teams would be in their own backyard. Burgs would love this.
Logan would still drive 93, but not that bad of a trip

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

^That would be a nice league

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

This topic cracks me up because while I do have a lot of respect for the TVC, there is a lot of truth to this.

The 2014 version of Athens would have dominated any league in the area. However, reality has set back in! It will be many moons before the Dogs want any part of Logan or Jackson again.

Many have left because of being overwhelmed by the competition, while a few have actually left for legitimate reasons.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

noreply66 wrote:Athens
Jackson
Logan
Marietta
Parkersburg
Parkersburg South
Warren

Parkersburg is a member of the MSAC, which I believe still has a hefty financial and scheduling opt out penalty.
South is in the OVAC and a switch would reduce their opportunity to schedule traditional opponents from the panhandle
and Morgantown areas. Plus in most years, Ohio schools would get no 10th game bonus points from WV schools as their regular
season ends the weekend OHSAA playoffs begin. As much as I respect the history and traditions of the SEOAL, there comes a
time for all things to pass.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

SEOALLivesMatter wrote:Here is a list of all the cut-n-run gang as I remember them. Maybe some of you can add to the list anyone I leave out.

Nelsonville
Meigs
Wellston
River Valley
Athens
Ironton
Chili
Zanesville
Marietta

Now most of those teams reside in the minor league they call the TVC. They now have a chance to regain some respect by allowing the current SEOAL teams to join, or they can come back to the league they fearfully ran from years ago. Let's see if they step up to the plate. If not, we all now know the SEOAL will survive. But will the cut-n-run gang step up to competition?
Add Portsmouth and Waverly to the list.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

noreply66 wrote:Athens
Jackson
Logan
Marietta
Parkersburg
Parkersburg South
Warren

With the success Point Pleasant has had lately, they shouldn't be overlooked. Travel would be a little longer, but it does provide an 8th team, which makes scheduling easier for the Ohio teams because of that 1 mid to late season non-conference game that the Parkersburg schools could use it as a bye week. Back to travel, a one-way trip from Point Pleasant to Logan is around an hour, 10 minutes. Point Pleasant to Marrietta is around an hour, 20 minutes while the longest trip in the SEOAL is Jackson-Marrietta at an hour, 40 minutes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Raider6309 wrote:Image

THAT'S CUTE IRONTON HAS 2 OF THEM THAT DON'T SAY RUNNER UP
AND A WHOLE CLOSET FULL LIKE THAT LOOK LIKE THAT ONE THERE.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Too bad Logan had that teachers strike in 1978. Should have 3

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Love to hear you all cry about our teams running from competition but begging these same tiny programs to schedule you. Its a shame you have pride in having 8 or 9 wins every year against those type of programs and then getting the brakes beat off ya come playoff time against schools and competition you should be playing.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Image

THAT'S CUTE IRONTON HAS 2 OF THEM THAT DON'T SAY RUNNER UP
AND A WHOLE CLOSET FULL LIKE THAT ONE THERE.
Well good for Ironton............ :roll:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SEOALLivesMatter wrote:Here is a list of all the cut-n-run gang as I remember them. Maybe some of you can add to the list anyone I leave out.

Nelsonville
Meigs
Wellston
River Valley
Athens
Ironton
Chili
Zanesville
Marietta

you may be too young to remember this slugger. but I remember when ironton pulling starters at the half to keep from beating most of these teams by 55 points. ironton beat teams so bad , we were literally worried teams would quit scheduling us.this went on for decades. heck for probably 20 years after they were out of the SEOAL we still had more league titles than anybody else. I ain't trying to start anything you fired the 1st shot. about people cutting and running. something just hain't are as they seem.that's why any and everybody wants a piece of the tiger now. cause they could not do it before.we had to build a bigger trophy case in the new school to hold all them purty gold balls for winning the league.

BUT THAT'S NONE OF MY BUSINESS-----------YOU CAN'T HAVE A STORIED PROGRAM WITHOUT A PAST.

BUT THAT'S NONE OF MY BUSINESS

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOT KINDA QUIET UP IN HERE.

Return to “Football”