Ironton fighting Tigers -vs- Chesapeake

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Ironton fighting Tigers -vs- Chesapeake

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

WOAH!

WHAT A GAME!

Ironton uses long sustained drives & very solid Defense to keep the explosive spread offense of the Chesapeake Panthers on the sidelines & in check on the field.

Coming into the match-up, the Peake had four good sized RB's with over 500+ yards each rushing, & one of the Better QB'S IHS has faced this year, with 700+ yards rushing & 300+ yards passing.

This PEAKE squad only has 8 seniors, & an amazing talented returning squad for several season's to come. They will be favorites in the OVC & one of the best squads in SEO For seasons to come. Consider them The 'BURG' of the OVC, if you will!

An interesting fact: TY Wilcoxen, son of Brent Wilcoxen, the QB for IHS during their 1979 state championship victory against ASVSM, starts as a dynamic, 6-1/190 lb, frosh as a RB & CB for the PEAKE. Coming into the game had over 400+ yards rushing,several interceptions Prior to facing IHS. He has explosive & shifty speed & made several long runs against IHS as well. Remember his name, he's incredible.

A defensive battle, from start to finish, IHS would score twice via long sustained possessions, with 17-20 play drives & ten +minutes of clock on each drive, that showcased IHS's solid running & passing game!

IHS received the ball first & used as described above: ran, passed & converted 3rd & short/long & one 4th & 4 , into the redzone. only to come away empty handed becaue of a penalty,& 2 sacks on on IHS QB, Isaac.

The peake would score right after IHS turned it Over on downs within 2:27 via left in first quarter. @ that point it was :
CHS 7
IHS 0

This would not deflate IHS as they would have a similar drive as
the game opener but firmly finish the drive knotting it up 7 ALL, where it would end @ HALFTINE.

The first play of the 3rd quarter, Ironton would sack CHS QB mccomas & he was down for sometime & needed help off the field. This did not stop CHS. Their 2nd string QB would calmly walk in & on the second play, would hand off to one of the talented CHS backs who took it to the house for 70+ yards & a lead of 14-7!

Ironton would answer eating up the clock with another sustained drive to knot it up a 14 each within 2-minutes of the 4th quarter.

The CHS starting QB, mccomas, would come back into play & was driving the CHS team into IHS territory wih 3:27 & 1 timeout left in he game. @ the IHS 47 yard line, CHS QB mccomas was driving his team down the field, BUT would be intercepted for a pick 6 by IHS (IHS players name escapes me)!!!

IHS would hold CHS to fourth & out, have to run A COUPLE OF PLAYS & then took a knee!!!

Both squads played gutsy & IHS is one step away from its first ever OVC CHAMPIONSHIP. Ironton kept its playoff hopes alive as well.

The fighting tigers are currently in 8th place, one spot over Coshoction. The tigers have NOT secured a playoff spot. They must beat South Point next week & the 7th & 8th spots look to be between Bidwell River Valler, Ironton Rock Hill, Coshocton, Ironton, Oak Hill, & West Portsmouth West.
Odds are Oak Hill, Coshocton,& West Portsmouth West will have the most difficult chances to qualify for the post season, due to wins, strenghth of schedule, & second level points.

* of note: Chesapeake should qualify for playoffs if they win out. The peake lost 3- Starters, one of which is their QB mccomas!
His knee on one leg is injured & the ankle on the other is injured, their coach said, he may just need a week's rest.

Ironton played without D'Angelo Palladino & he is done for his career. Although he was cleared to play last week, running 6x for 60 yards, his back is still bothering him. Coach Vass said it was something undectable through bloodwork, X-ray, MRI, more & more testing , & spine manipulation. Further testing is still taking place to determine what is wrong with him.

Levi Langdon, who hobbled off the field, missed 4 games earlier in the season & came back 2 weeks ago, his stays is not clear.
Lucas Campbell, injured last week against Ironton Rock Hill, tore his ACL & is done for the season. All three were major two way starters for the IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS!!!
-all of this info is from the iheartradio app & my notes, I may be off yards, plays, injuries here & there.

I am very proud of how the IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS HAVE rebounded, winning 5-straight games & the OVC championship is within reach now.
Playoffs or not.

They are a fine representation of never giving up, holding their heads held high , and a well rounded group of young
Men!!
By accomplishing this, they have silenced the haters out there!!!

No matter what, if I may:
"WE'LL SHOW UP"!!!!

Thanks for all the great memories you have given your fans!!!

GOTIGERSGO !!!

herbie1
Waterboy

Re: Ironton fighting Tigers -vs- Chesapeake

Post by herbie1 »

can that cg-ironton fan pickem or what ????? boy he really knows this ironton team he nailed the score 21-14

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

herbie1 wrote:can that cg-ironton fan pickem or what ????? boy he really knows this ironton team he nailed the score 21-14
He's very knowledgable & well versed about most of the SEO teams.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

herbie1 wrote:can that cg-ironton fan pickem or what ????? boy he really knows this ironton team he nailed the score 21-14
I am back and boy oh boy I did nail that game LOL

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sounded like it was a good game. One more step for the OVC Championship for the Tigers.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

Ironton played mistake-free football. Only one penalty and no turnovers. The Tigers' size ultimately made the difference. Chesapeake was much faster, but Ironton made adjustments on defense and one big play to get the win. Both teams showed a lot of heart. I have a feeling this will be a nice rivalry in the OVC for many years to come.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton is currently 9th in the region according to joe eitel. they were 8th. but there must have been a Saturday night game that affected them. so they dropped from 8 to 9.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I can't see Ironton winning any games in the playoffs I hope there major changes to the coaching staff There to many good coaches in the area to have this kind of staff

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:ironton is currently 9th in the region according to joe eitel. they were 8th. but there must have been a Saturday night game that affected them. so they dropped from 8 to 9.
Yes, Meadowbrook beat Bishop Rosecrans yesterday giving Coshocton 3 1/2 more level 2 points

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dagnabbit.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

I have heard all about the "bad coaching" all year long in Ironton but the team on the field Friday night was a very disciplined well coached sqaud. They played to their strengths with very very few mistakes, and ultimately won the game.
Chesapeake was also very well coached. They played to their strengths but a couple of turnovers made the difference. Both teams and coaching staffs should hold their head high after their efforts.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Congrats to Ironton on not falling apart after a terrible start to the season. I hope they make the playoffs and match up with Burg in week 11.

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:I have heard all about the "bad coaching" all year long in Ironton but the team on the field Friday night was a very disciplined well coached sqaud. They played to their strengths with very very few mistakes, and ultimately won the game.
Chesapeake was also very well coached. They played to their strengths but a couple of turnovers made the difference. Both teams and coaching staffs should hold their head high after their efforts.

Have to agree with Henry here. Was surprised at a smaller than expected crowd at the game. And also a quiet crowd until tying the game and taking the lead. Hoping the Tiger Faithful travel better and support their team in week 11.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:I have heard all about the "bad coaching" all year long in Ironton but the team on the field Friday night was a very disciplined well coached sqaud. They played to their strengths with very very few mistakes, and ultimately won the game.
have u bumped your head ?

Return to “Football”