New Boston Tigers thinking of starting Football again?

Army
S

New Boston Tigers thinking of starting Football again?

Post by Army »

:?: :?: :?:

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

Only if it is a K-12 team, otherwise wouldn't be enough kids.. ;-)

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I've heard more talk about consolidation between New Boston, Clay and possibly Sciotoville East. If this happened they could support football. Is this talk in the works or just another rumor?

Army
S

Post by Army »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:I've heard more talk about consolidation between New Boston, Clay and possibly Sciotoville East. If this happened they could support football. Is this talk in the works or just another rumor?

Haven't heard that one yet. But that school district would be at least a D4 School in Football :?:

Lets see:

1. Portsmouth Clay has 79 Boys
2. Glenwood New Boston has 44 Boys
3. Sciotoville Community (Portsmouth East) has 91 Boys

Total-214 Boys D4 School in Football

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

What I heard was that Clay and New Boston were seriously considering the move and that East was willing to listen but were not as serious as the other 2. Again, just speculation, nothing from a source I'd consider credible.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

the three schools coming together will not happen. There has been talk of New Boston getting a new school and somehow bring East in and building it for the two schools and they stay seperate. But that is not going to happen either. Clay has been wanting new schools for a while and at a basketball game they were advertising a meeting for new schools....

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

It would be a smart move if NB, East and Clay would merge but I agree with tartan that its not going to happen.

I do not think NB has a chance in starting a new football program because of a lack of numbers.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

no way would New Boston and East join, I cant beleive they even had the talks about this :roll:

and Albama Mike is right, New Boston is no where close in numbers to feild a football team.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Notre Dame only has about 90 kids and they field a football team every year!
How many students go to Glenwood?
Look at Waterford!

I think it would be great for New Boston to re-start football. It's a new generation since the tragedy that made the school drop football in I think mid '70's!

GO VIKES 8)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

What happened to make them drop football??

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Orange and Brown wrote:What happened to make them drop football??

I BELIEVE A PLAYER GOT KILLED DURING A GAME?
SOMEONE FROM DOWN THAT WAY COULD VERIFY THIS, BUT I THINK I AM CORRECT. 1974 SEASON I DO BELIEVE THAT I READ THAT SOMEWHERE.

GO VIKES

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

OH, thats not good, not good at all, Maybe if they start playing agian they could name there feild after him, and the players could rally around something like this. It could evan help the community.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Viked man, 44 boys according to my information.

Army
S

Post by Army »

VIKED_MAN wrote:Notre Dame only has about 90 kids and they field a football team every year!
Look at Waterford!

I think it would be great for New Boston to re-start football. It's a new generation since the tragedy that made the school drop football in I think mid '70's!

GO VIKES 8)

Portsmouth Notre Dame has 38 Boys :!: :-D

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

and 31 -33 played football !!!! tremendous participation . MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

The state of Ohio should make East and New Boston combine. No way should tax dollars be wasted building a new school for that many kids.
If Clay wants a new building make them also.
Last edited by bengalfan76 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

New Boston is the one who contacted East about possibly joining to make a new school but stay two seperate schools. East has just listened to what is being said. East is a charter school and has been since 2002, their enrollment has grown each year they have been open and has tested very well in the state's tests to see how they are doing.

As far as New Boston having football will not happen on their own too small of a school.

Notre Dame only has about 90 kids and they field a football team every year!

Notre Dame also had a few years where football would be in question of having a team when they were down to 15 on a team but lasted through that to have the players they have now. New Boston would be even worse asking themselfs if they could have a team year after year.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

New Boston does have soccer so there is no way in the world they could field a football team and if they did drop soccer it would still probably not be worth their time.

Army
S

Post by Army »

bengalfan76 wrote:The state of Ohio should make East and New Boston combine. No way should tax dollars be wasted building a new school for that many kids.
If Clay wants a new building make them also.

They can't make East combine. Sciotoville Community is no longer a straight up Public School. When Portsmouth City Schools told former Portsmouth East they were closing and going to be absorbed into Portsmouth High School, the Community of Sciotoville stood against the move and took another route petitioning the State and got certified and approved to be a Charter Public School. They can't touch them. They are no longer under Portsmouth City Schools, but are a Community Charter School, under the control of the Community of Sciotoville. :-D

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

No way.

Return to “Football”