sportfan
Waterboy

Portsmouth 2008

Post by sportfan »

a lot of losses but what is everyones thoughts

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

i look for portsmouth to do ok this year depends on schedule iv heard alot of teams mention wen u talk about playing portsmouth over all i think they will go 5-5 6-4 around that !!

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

I heard a rumor about a kid from portsmouth transferring?

anyone else hear this?

T-I-G-E-R-S
Army
S

Post by Army »

TigersGameDayFan wrote:I heard a rumor about a kid from portsmouth transferring?

anyone else hear this?

Where too, should be the next question :?: :-D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Portsmouth

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Any advice on how to beat Ironton?

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Orange and Brown wrote:Any advice on how to beat Ironton?

Stop the RUN! :lol: Good luck on this one as everyone has tried over the years and usually with no luck. If the Murphy kid is in the backfield this season it will not be easy.

Burg beat them by spreading the field and utilizing their speed. But defensively they were able to stop the run. Usually you cannot go toe to toe with Ironton unless you are just plain physically stronger on the line and in the backfield.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Orange and Brown wrote
Any advice on how to beat Ironton?

Just watch the tape from this years game, and you will see first hand how its done. :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO TROJANS!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Chillicothe crushed them at the Hernstein in 2006 by a score of 47-14 by spreading it out. It could of been a bigger score but Coach D called off the dogs in the 3rd and put the Reserves and some Freshman in the game. The CAVS overwhelmed the Ironton O and stopped there running game cold. They utilized several blitzing schemes and was on the Ironton QB all night. During that whole season, that game was the best defense I watched the CAVS play. The CAVS D Coordinator had the plan down to a T. :-D

Givens, Beeler, Knights ran circles around Ironton that night. Knights had a superb night throwing and running the ball. That big FB they have Tony....who is a Senior this up-coming 2008-2009 season was stuffed in that game by CAV gang tackling all night. :-D

September 22, 2006
Chillicothe 47 Ironton 14
Beeler 5 yard TD run, 1 yard TD run. Mallow 9 yard TD from Knight pass. Knight 1 yard TD run. Steele 7 yard TD from Knight pass. Gibens 2 yard TD from Knight pass. Detty 1 yard TD run. Basil 5 PAT's.

Last edited by Army on Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

we don't really spread to much. coach Boston is a person of habbit. 2 tightends and run it up the middle, we do run our 40 set sometimes. I hope our team speed can beat them cause we have a lot of it.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Portsmouth should be solid. They have two tremendous wideouts in Fo Johnson and Malike White. They are very quick and have big play potential any time they touch the ball.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Could someone please post the schedule along with the dates? As bigdogg,ozzie, trojandave and others know I travel a great distance to watch as many games as possible.
Thanks in advance.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Army I would think the best comparison would be the Ironton vs Chillicothe game of 2007. Since Ironton will return 90% of everybody and I would think Chilli would also.

Orange and Brown, stop the run. Ironton will lineup and say here we come. Been that way since 1972.

Portsmouth will have a very good team. They will be young but they know how to play. Looking forward to making the trip down to P-town this year.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

we have a load of talent that will bne sophmores this coming season, as jr. high and freshmen , they only lost a hand fukll of games..plus this year we will Have Angelo Jackson back who , didnt get to play his freshman year because of an injury during baseball season, he has finished rehab, and was actualy released for the last couple of football games, but elected to keep working out and get ready for this season, also heard he may not play baseball to continue on football work out.

we will finish at least 500....then the next two years should be fun with this group.

old trojan , I will get it up as soon as I get it.

good to see you back on 8)

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

bigdowgg... Thanks, good to be back on, ran into some major computer problems hopefully have that taken care of.
Looking forward to getting home to watch some B-ball games soon. Possibly the last two regular season games.Most definetly hoping to get to Waverly. That Sectional should be a great one.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

oldtrojan: Good to see you on SEOPS.

I don't know the whole schedule right now, but I talked to Curt Clifford last night at the Chillicothe game and he told me that the first game of the year is South Point.....not sure whether it's a home game or not. The last game of the year is vs. Western Brown, A D2 school that is replacing Athens. We will play WB the next 2 years, but don't know which one is the home game.

We do not play Logan or Zanesville.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Not playing Logan or Zanesville????...Now thats a relief...lol

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FalconFan wrote:Not playing Logan or Zanesville????...Now thats a relief...lol

luck of the rotation,,,, :lol:

Dvae our first game with South Point will be at South Point on their new facilitys.

oldtrojan
All State

Post by oldtrojan »

Dave,bigdowgg
It,s good to be back. thanks for the info. For some reason I am still having trouble logging in here at times, cannot figure out why.
Looking like I might get home for the day of champions and sectionals. As I stated that Waverly sectional looks awsome from a competitive stand point.
We can use the break from Logan, Zanesville on the football rotation.
especially since we will be a little young and untested.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Army wrote:

Chillicothe crushed them at the Hernstein in 2006 by a score of 47-14 by spreading it out. It could of been a bigger score but Coach D called off the dogs in the 3rd and put the Reserves and some Freshman in the game. The CAVS overwhelmed the Ironton O and stopped there running game cold. They utilized several blitzing schemes and was on the Ironton QB all night. During that whole season, that game was the best defense I watched the CAVS play. The CAVS D Coordinator had the plan down to a T. :-D

Givens, Beeler, Knights ran circles around Ironton that night. Knights had a superb night throwing and running the ball. That big FB they have Tony....who is a Senior this up-coming 2008-2009 season was stuffed in that game by CAV gang tackling all night. :-D

September 22, 2006
Chillicothe 47 Ironton 14
Beeler 5 yard TD run, 1 yard TD run. Mallow 9 yard TD from Knight pass. Knight 1 yard TD run. Steele 7 yard TD from Knight pass. Gibens 2 yard TD from Knight pass. Detty 1 yard TD run. Basil 5 PAT's.

How did you do in 2007 against Irontonat the Tank????? and we only lose 3 or so from each side of the ball next season. ;-)

Return to “Football”