Chillicothe looking for a game????

beezee420
Freshman Team

Chillicothe looking for a game????

Post by beezee420 »

I was just on the OHSAA website and saw where the Cavs are looking for a game in week one in 2009 & 2010. Looks like the Cavs will be dropping Da Haven off the schedule after this upcoming season. They are wanting a two year contract with someone.

i'd love to see chilli get a more evenly matched opponent for week one. but we'll see what happens.

anyone have any ideas??????????????????

Army
S

Post by Army »

beezee420,

Whats the 2009-2010 (OHSAA Open dates) look like during that time? I hope we get away from all the Columbus teams for a while. What about the MSL like a Circleville, Teays Valley or Logan Elm? Or a SOC team like Waverly? A SCOL School like Greenfield McClain, Hillsboro or Washington C.H.? Even Ironton if the rumor is true about them leaving the SEOAL already. :roll:

Has the CAV Staff checked the KYHSAA and WVHSAA also? They have a list of schools as well?

I remember a month or so back, Hilltop mentioning we have Wilmington D3 from the (Fort Ancient League) in 2009? Did that fall off the radar? Or is that still a possibility? Or are they just replacing Sheridan from the (MVL) after this up-coming 2008 season game with them? I think Sheridan D3 is just a one year deal isn't it? I hope we get someone close for a change that is on our playing field don't you?

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

from what i could tell from the ohsaa website it looks like mostly columbus schools and even farther north are the only ones in need of a week one game.

wilmington will be replacing sheridan. sheridan is a one year deal, and yes i would love to see us play some of those schools you mentioned. could you imagine how nice it would be to be able to travel to waverly or circleville to play a non conference game.

and yes they have put the same info on the KYHSAA and the WVHSAA websites. i spoke to coach d a little while ago while turning in my umpiring contracts and he told me that the only school that has contacted them about the open date is DeSales. hope that they are able to get someone a little more evenly matched than DeSales.

Army
S

Post by Army »

beezee420 wrote:from what i could tell from the ohsaa website it looks like mostly columbus schools and even farther north are the only ones in need of a week one game.

wilmington will be replacing sheridan. sheridan is a one year deal, and yes i would love to see us play some of those schools you mentioned. could you imagine how nice it would be to be able to travel to waverly or circleville to play a non conference game.

and yes they have put the same info on the KYHSAA and the WVHSAA websites. i spoke to coach d a little while ago while turning in my umpiring contracts and he told me that the only school that has contacted them about the open date is DeSales. hope that they are able to get someone a little more evenly matched than DeSales.

Hey see what the close KY and WV teams have open. You know Ashland, Paul Blazer or a Huntington, WV wouldn't be that far. If memory serves me right Chillicothe played Huntington, WV High School in the 80's. They are a AAA school. Likewise Point Pleasent, WV who is a AA school. Yes it would be nice to get a game with Circleville or Waverly or for that matter Hillsboro, Washington C.H. or Greenfield McClain too? I hope we don't look at Desales.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

Playing the KY, WV, teams would be nice, but i'd like to see us play someone a little closer and in state. but thats just me. and i to do not want to see us take the game with DeSales.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

I posted this on another thread but I would love to see us join the Mid-State League Buckeye division, w/ Logan Elm, Circleville, Hamilton Township,Teays Valley, Canal Winchester , Fairfield Union and Amanda. Amnada is D-5 and probably isn't a very good game for us, but the rest of the schools are as big if not bigger than us. IF this did happen, I think the MSL should consider putting Amanda into the Cardinal division w/ West Jeff, Liberty Union, Fisher Cath., Berne Union, Millersport etc...Maybe it's b/c I'm an old Mid State Leaguer from way back.FU would be the longest hike and thats only an hour.C-ville, TV, and LE are all w/in 20-30 miles. I know a lot of folks probably think I'm nuts and that Chilli is too big for this league, but the reality is that CHS is shrinking and will probably continue to.Most of the other schools I mentioned are growing rapidly.
I personally think the SEOAl is destined to fail , especially w/ Athens leaving and now Ironton's BOE voting to leave and rumors of Portsmouth following. I think we'll be looking for a league to join w/in 5 years. Call me crazy, but I think it's going to happen.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

Chillicothe used to play Circleville,Washington Court House back in the 80's as a non-conference games.Miami Trace was on our schedule as non-conference game at one time,we beat them something terrible and never wanted to play us again.It would be nice to play Circleville,waverly and if Portsmouth stays in the league,we can still keep them as a game because of the rival factor between Chillicothe and Portsmouth,then you can have a 23 connection going on here,you throw Waverly on the schedule and look at the travel distance Circleville 20 miles,Waverly 15 to 16 miles and Portsmouth right at 45 miles from Chillicothe.The SEOAL league is a nice league,I have to agree about the drive it can be terrible at times,I rather drive on the outer belt of I-270 too get to a game.What about Bexley,Whitehall smaller D-3 schools.The thing about the MSL,they wouldn't want Chillicothe in there because of Basketball,Track,The Girls Tennis team,the Boy's soccoer program has made a complete turn around.That wouldn't be a bad League to join.I wouldn't mind traveling 45 miles west on Route 50 and play Hillsboro in a Football game.They don't like Chillicothe do to the fact of our Little Leugue Baseball teams go down and win a few Tourneys.LOL!!!!!!!! Only thing!!!! I can say is work overtime for the gas prices and enjoy the Beautiful scenery of the Hocking Hills,Highway 32 through Jackson,Adam and Athens counties I forgot Washington County,Scioto County,Lawerence County,Sorry Marietta!!!I can't remember,what County that you are in.

Army
S

Post by Army »

hilltopkid wrote:I posted this on another thread but I would love to see us join the Mid-State League Buckeye division, w/ Logan Elm, Circleville, Hamilton Township,Teays Valley, Canal Winchester , Fairfield Union and Amanda. Amnada is D-5 and probably isn't a very good game for us, but the rest of the schools are as big if not bigger than us. IF this did happen, I think the MSL should consider putting Amanda into the Cardinal division w/ West Jeff, Liberty Union, Fisher Cath., Berne Union, Millersport etc...Maybe it's b/c I'm an old Mid State Leaguer from way back.FU would be the longest hike and thats only an hour.C-ville, TV, and LE are all w/in 20-30 miles. I know a lot of folks probably think I'm nuts and that Chilli is too big for this league, but the reality is that CHS is shrinking and will probably continue to.Most of the other schools I mentioned are growing rapidly.
I personally think the SEOAl is destined to fail , especially w/ Athens leaving and now Ironton's BOE voting to leave and rumors of Portsmouth following. I think we'll be looking for a league to join w/in 5 years. Call me crazy, but I think it's going to happen.

Hilltop,
Not anymore! Amanda Clearcreek moved up to D4 this year. :-D

Likewise Bloom Carroll is D4 too. :-D

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

How would Amanda be a bad matchup? Maybe in some of the other sports, but if you haven't noticed they're pretty good typically in football. Chillicothe and Amanda seem to be playing non-league in some of the other sports like baseball and softball anyway.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Amanda is a Div. 4 school, Chillicothe would not get good computer points in this game. If you look at Chillicothe's non league schedule it is as good as anybody's, so I would think they would be looking at a larger school.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bman618 wrote:How would Amanda be a bad matchup? Maybe in some of the other sports, but if you haven't noticed they're pretty good typically in football. Chillicothe and Amanda seem to be playing non-league in some of the other sports like baseball and softball anyway.

that could be a good one

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

One would hope that one of the following schools would step in and play the Cavaliers

WCH
Miami Trace
Hillsboro
Greenfield
Circleville
Logan Elm
Teays Valley
waverly

Any of these would usually produce 3 very good things

Instant rivalry for the 2 schools ( all close..relatives..co-workers..friends )
Big Gate Money Money Money $$$$$$$$$$$
Computer points as each team USUALLY does well within their own conferences

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

After reading the posts I assume ( yeah , I know ) that in 2008 the non league looks like this in 2008

At Brookhaven
At Big Walnut
Sheridan

In 2009

?????
Big Walnut
Wilmington

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

:-D :-D :-D And once again I will say pretty good non league opponents

Haven 8-3 Col City League Champs
Big Nut 14-1 OCC and D3 State Champs
Sheridan Perenially a playoff team
Wilmington Down the past 2 years but a playoff team 3 seasons ago

Add

Portsmouth
Zanesville
Logan
Ironton
Jackson
Gallia

Who are all playoff teams within the past 2 seasons

Purty good schedule

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Circleville's non-league is pretty well set. MT, WCH and Westfall every year. Teays Valley could be an option but they are a D2 school seeming to want to play up in their two other non-leaguers. Westfall is a county game. Logan Elm would be interesting but don't know if they'd be interested.

I disagree with Amanda not bringing many points. Sure, they'd bring a half less point in the equation but if you beat them and they have a good season, they are going to bring more points than making a mediocre to bad D2-3 team.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

bman618 wrote:How would Amanda be a bad matchup? Maybe in some of the other sports, but if you haven't noticed they're pretty good typically in football. Chillicothe and Amanda seem to be playing non-league in some of the other sports like baseball and softball anyway.

Yeah, I've noticed Amanda being pretty good.Played them from 2nd grade through 12th.My team my Sr year count for that 1 loss on their 9-1 record in 87. I remind Ron any time I can :-D And Likewise, he cusses me for it. :-D Believe me, I respect Ron more than just about any other coach I've known.Hope I have half the success he has had.

Maybe it's for that exact reason I don't think of Amanda being in the same caliber as Chillicothe. Don't get me wrong, I know and highly respect the dynasty that AC is, but the truth is, Chilli should be able to field a team that can beat Amanda on a yearly basis. Would we? Probably not, but I guess they are D4 now, so I guess it's no different than playing Ironton and Portsmouth. Plus, if Chilli doesn't stop shrinking, and at least stay around the size we are now, we may get closer to their size each year. BC is going to keep growing, especially with the By-pass starting just SE of it. Just seems weird to me. You're probably right though. Heck, 20 years ago Teays Valley, Hamilton and Canal were all about the same size. Shoot, I remember when Picktown and New Albany were both little farm towns.Times they are-a-changing.I'm sure the AC-CHS game would pull some really good gates.
OK, you've swayed me, I'll say it would be a good league to join, even w/ AC and BC.
However, I have to say one thing. I don't think you can compare other sports. You see smaller high schools playing much bigger schools all the time in various sports, especially in baseball. Even at the small college level. West Liberty and schools their size play(and compete against) Kent State,Pitt and WVU etc...but you sure wouldnt see that in football.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

ttt

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

has there been anyone interested in taking the open date other than DeSales?? would you happen to know hilltop??

Army
S

Post by Army »

beezee420 wrote:has there been anyone interested in taking the open date other than DeSales?? would you happen to know hilltop??

Come on, none of these teams have an opening? Or are they afraid to play Chillicothe D3? :-D

Ohio Teams

1. Pomeroy Meigs D4 (TVC-Ohio Division)
2. South Point D4 (OVC)
3. Rock Hill D4 (OVC)
4. Wheelersburg D5 (SOC II)
5. Richmond D3 BAAC

Close By Chillicothe
6. Xenia D2.............................................................47 miles :roll:
7. McArthur Vinton County D3 (TVC-Ohio Division)......21 miles :roll:
8. Waverly D4 (SOC II)................................................17 miles :roll:
9. Hillsboro D4 (S.C.O.L.)..............................................38 miles :roll:
10. Greenfield McClain D3 (S.C.O.L.)..............................18 miles :roll:
11. Circleville Logan Elm D3 (MSL-Buckeye Division)....24 miles :roll:
12. Circleville D3 (MSL-Buckeye Division)................... 19 miles :roll:
13. Washington C.H. D3 (S.C.O.L.)..............................24 miles :roll:
14. Washington C.H. Miami-Trace D4 (S.C.O.L.)...........40 miles :roll:
15. London D4 (S.C.O.L.)............................................50 miles :roll:
16. Ashville Teays Valley D2 (MSL-Buckeye Division).......29 miles :roll:
17. Columbus Hamilton TWP D2 (MSL-Buckeye Division)....40 miles :roll:
18. Canal Winchester D3 (MSL-Buckeye Division).....45 miles :roll:
19. Columbus South D1 (Columbus City League)......47 miles :roll:
20. Lancaster D1 OCC-Ohio.......43 miles :roll:
21. Newark D1 OCC-Ohio..........52 miles :roll:
20. Bexley D3 (MSL-Ohio Division)......51 miles :roll:
21. Whitehall-Yearling D3 (MSL-Ohio Division)........48 miles :roll:
22. The Plains Athens D3 (TVC-Ohio Division) 2008-.......50 miles :roll:

22. Coshoctan D4 (ECOL) 1.5 hours
23. Cambridge D3 (ECOL) 2.2 hours
24. McConnelsville Morgan County D3 (MVL) 2 hours
25. Springfield-South D2 1 hour

West Virginia Teams

1. Point Pleasent, WV Class AA (Across from Gallipolis)
2. Winfield, WV Class AAA (East of Gallipolis) ABOUT 35 MILES
3. Huntington, WV Class AAA (East of Ironton)
4. Parkersburg, WV South Class AAA Across from Marietta
5. Spring-Valley, WV Class AAA close to Huntington, WV
6. Nitro, WV Class AA 2 hours
7. Hurricane, WV Class AA 2 hours
8. Charleston, WV CAPITAL Class AAA 2 hours

Kentucky Teams

1. Ashland, KY Class Class AAA (Across from Ironton)
2. Green-up County Class AAA (East of Portsmouth)
3. Boyd County Class AAA (South of Ashland)
4. Russell County, KY Class AAA (South of Ashland)
5. Mason County, KY Class AAA (Maysville, Kentucky)

ARMY :-D

Return to “Football”