Week 10: Portsmouth at Waverly

pmow3
Varsity

Re: Week 10: Portsmouth at Waverly

Post by pmow3 »

I totally disagree. Aaron Duncan is working hard with this group. But his brother and assistants have the 7th and 8th grade classes playing some serious football. They will return to much better teams in the very near future. Look for them to be at the top of the OVC in a few years. Coach Duncan is a good guy. And he has good assistants. Portsmouth is not in the shape it's in as much because of coaching but more because of lack of participation from the entire city. It will take (in my opinion) somebody that can get along with "the ville" "The east side" "uptown" and the rest of the city. I think it will take somebody just like Coach Duncan to do this. It will not return to (whatever dominance you are remembering) because of numbers declining. But they can still produce good years. Expect that to happen in 2.

The Oracle
Waterboy

Post by The Oracle »

Read my post again I said excluding ad. Aaron Duncan I think he'll do a good job. The rest not so much look at there past winning records. All of them has no history of being consistent high school winning program. Might be wrong but there numbers don't add up. Records of past is proof. No progress and same overall results and lack of winning . Things must change for that program and I think Aaron can at least try

The Oracle
Waterboy

Post by The Oracle »

I agree the Duncan's work hard,

The Oracle
Waterboy

Post by The Oracle »

whats the old saying winning breeds winning. Losing is contagious, how do you fix that or where does it begin, coaching, attitudes, work, school unity, pride , desire to be the best, community support winning breeds winning, players are made up thru the system, look at darrin at valley

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

At the half
Waverly 27
Ports 8

The Oracle
Waterboy

Post by The Oracle »

Tigers running all over the Trojans. Soc just killin the Trojans.

RollAlong11
Waterboy

Post by RollAlong11 »

Seems like there are some great coaches in the stands and on this site!

The Oracle
Waterboy

Post by The Oracle »

You never know

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Final
Waverly 42
Portsmouth 8

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

The Oracle wrote:Read my post again I said excluding ad. Aaron Duncan I think he'll do a good job. The rest not so much look at there past winning records. All of them has no history of being consistent high school winning program. Might be wrong but there numbers don't add up. Records of past is proof. No progress and same overall results and lack of winning . Things must change for that program and I think Aaron can at least try

I'm sorry Oracle... I thought you meant the Athletic Director. I apologize...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the waverly tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

I was pleased to see Waverly put together 2 solid wins to finish out the season. Hopefully it will be something to build on for next year.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Trojans need to get back to work, get in the weight room,prepare for 2016, lets turn this thing around!

Return to “Football”