Logan Football 2008

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Logan Football 2008

Post by wowhesfast »

Look for the Chiefs to go undefeated next season. They'll again have strong offense and defense and all around improved special teams.

Probable Offensive Starters:

QB Patrick Angle- 6-2 190 JR. Look for the second Angle to be even better than his brother. He will be better able to run the ball and is a more accurate passer.

FB- Michael Snider- 6-0 185 JR. Strong, good runner. But has a long way to go to replace Potter and Kissling

TB- Clay Morgan- 5-10 180 SR. Had a good season as a sophmore, especially before the emergence of Justin Frye. Has potential to be every bit as good as Frye. Or better. Look for Mason Mays and Zach McDaniel to get some time in here, there both good runners.

LT- Weston Andy- 6-2 260 SR. Had a good year blocking for chiefs. His great athletic ability for his size means there is a lot of potential here.

LG- David Schneider- 6-1 275 SR. Smart, emotional leader of offensive line and perhaps whole offense. Needs to get stronger and faster to be great.

C- Bobby Russell- 6-1 220 JR. Started as a sophmore. With his work ethic, he could be a great one.

RG- Derek Shirey- 5-10 210 SR. Did a good job taking over mid season. Probably needs to be a smarter, faster player. Cary Maclaughlin will compete.

RT- Taylor Maguire- 6-3 235 SR. Needs to be more serious to be good addition to O-line. Only nonstarter on unit. Sophmore Jesse Arnold could challenge.

TE- Jon Neff- 6-2 205 SR. "Boss Man" will bring his playmaking ability to the offense. Look for him to occasionally split out, especially in 3 and 4 WR sets. Derek Hart will come in as the second TE.

SE- Zach Adams- 6-2 200 SR. Injury in 07 held him back. Look for Angle to throw to this big target. Good blocker too.

FL- Jaush Huntsburger- 5-10 140 SR. Brings hands heart and some play making ability to the spot

Other Players to watch
Seth Sigler WR
Ryan Sigler WR
Gavin Doyle TE

Defense

NG- Cary MacLaughlin 5-10 195 SR. Will return to NG after one year hiatus. Makes lots of plays and anchors front line.

DT- Stephen Miller 6-0 210 SR. Versatile, strong. Needs to become smarter to be at his best

DT- Taylor Maguire 6-3 235 SR. Brings speed, size stength and sack potential to the RDT spot

DE- Jon Neff 6-2 205 SR "Boss Man Sack Man" will anchor the defensive line and end positions, look for a huge year.

DE- Debatable. Will Amyx allow Angle to play QB and DE? Will someone like Derek Hart step up and take his job.

LB- Zach Adams 6-2 200 SR Needs to be better. Finds himself in bad position

LB- Michael Snider 6-0 185 JR W/ strength and speed could be great

LB- Clay Morgan 5-10 180 SR The best of a good group, showed promise this year

S- Jaush Huntsburger 5-10 140 SR Will get his picks, strong in coverage

CB- Seth Sigler 5-10 165 SR Underrated Will be good edition at corner

CB- Mason Mays 5-10 170 JR Will get smarter to become shut down corner he is capable of being

Others to watch
Zach McDaniel DB/NG
Zach Griggs DB
Kyle Guess DB

PurplePeopleEater
Waterboy

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

gahs4ever,

Yeah im sure thats a Browns helmet ;-) :lol:

and yes i also agree that Pat could definatly be better than Mike, Especially with the experience he gained this year as a Sophmore. I dont see him having the flawless record that Mike had in the SEOAL. But it will be fun to see :!: 8)

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Need to see the Logan schedule, but another good team and one that challenges for the title is back.

Unbeaten may be a stretch.

Have gun, will travel
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

DE- Debatable. Will Amyx allow Angle to play QB and DE? Will someone like Derek Hart step up and take his job.

If history is any indication, yes he will. Joey Conrad did both for a season and was quite effective.

And I dont know if Mays is anywhere close to being a "shut down" corner just yet. He is a solid player and a great athlete, but he needs to work on not giving up the deep ball to be a shut down corner.

LOGAN82
Waterboy

Post by LOGAN82 »

Do not forget the undefeated jv line
kevin smith 6 205
kenny sigler 6'2 205
brock thompson 6'1 205
plus
steve miller
jake poggymonster

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Lot's of possibilities for next season. Just like last year, the best part will be all the competition at nearly every position. Tons of talented kids from the undefeated JV team will be looking earn some PT on Friday nights, and there are some pretty darn good athletes in the Freshman class that will be coming on strong as well. The Freshman team may have had a 5-3 record, but remember they lost to an undefeated Lancaster team by only 6 points and beat an undefeated Zanesville team.

Here are some serious questions, IMO, entering 2008:

- Will the offensive line WORK to get better, or sit on last year's success? IMO, the Tri-Valley game showed how far this group needs to go to get better. 40-some rushing yards won't get the job done against anyone.

- Which sophomores will see playing time? Arnold appears to have a body ready to play right away, and Kyle Guess is a pretty phenomenal athlete. I haven't seen that group play except for the Sheridan scrimmage, but I also know they have another Eggers and another Kiger as well as a couple of other BIG linemen. Who can step up from that group?

- Who will step up in the secondary? Wright, Moritz, and Bapst were excellent players in the backfield this season. Mays is a stud, and Huntsberger showed he can play at this level and Seth Sigler is a great athlete who I believe will also be ready to "step it up." But what about a fourth guy? McDaniel? Rutter? Swaim?

- How much defense, if any, will P. Angle be playing? Hart played a lot as a sophomore and saw his PT slip last year, and Gavin Doyle and Ralph Robinson are also possible players at that end spot.

- Who will replace the LEADERSHIP provided by last year's captains?

Totaled Cav
Waterboy

Post by Totaled Cav »

Leadership may be questionable next year. I do see player such as Sigler and Schneider stepping up to the task though

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

Huntsburger and Schneider look to be the teams vocal leaders. Both will also lead by playing and working hard. Seth Sigler can be a great leader.

Katie Krazy
Waterboy

Post by Katie Krazy »

i see the 4th db spot maybe going to Kyle Guess if he is up for the job
Last edited by Katie Krazy on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

whats the date for the home openner?

Atownfan2005
Waterboy

Post by Atownfan2005 »

From what I have seen Logan will return a lot!On O, I look to see Angle, Morgan, and Neff to be the playmakers!!!On D, they are lead by a few veterans, Adams, Neff, Morgan, Macloughlin, I look for this team to be better than this years if they have the passion and desire that I think they all have inside of them! Look for another great year out of them especially with the new field opening up in all!

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

.500 at best and no playoffs.

John 3:16
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

GAHS7462 wrote:.500 at best and no playoffs.

The league better be much better for that to be true. Logan will be as good or better next season than they were this year.

Army
S

Post by Army »

I second that :!: :-D

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Army wrote:

Still better than Chillicothe's 4-6 mark from this year.

47-18. Enjoy the summer.

top shelf
Waterboy

Post by top shelf »

Katie Krazy wrote:lets not forget about austin mccann,he'll be a starter somewhere-he played de for 5 years and he is more physical than pat -what about returners do we have any speed outside of sigler,mays and morgan.

what makes u think that?....pat first of all outweighs him by bout a solid 15-20 lbs...and pats stronger and probably faster if not the same speed...i remember him playin his soph year and mcann did hav decent speed but in no way is he more physical

top shelf
Waterboy

Post by top shelf »

Army wrote:

lol...shiiiiiii....locos got a point

Army
S

Post by Army »

LoganLocos wrote:
Army wrote:

Still better than Chillicothe's 4-6 mark from this year.

47-18. Enjoy the summer.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Why don't you go see if your round ball team can even play b-ball this season. They will need all the help thy can get when they play Chilli at the CAVS Gym this year. Just like your chieftian football team will need some help come week 10 in 2008 :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why :?:

Because they will be up against Caleb and a experienced bunch of seniors at home and the game will finally count as a SEOAL League game.

Look to lose, we have the advanntage at home. The series has proven that. :-D

See you all next year at the Hernstein :!:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Then we will see you guys over our shoulders come track--- :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

noreply66 wrote:Then we will see you guys over our shoulders come track--- :lol:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Football”