Logan Chieftains 2007

Atownfan2005
Waterboy

Logan Chieftains 2007

Post by Atownfan2005 »

I just wanted to say GREAT JOB CHIEFS! You guys did an amazing job this year and had a tough way to end it but im sure everyone is still proud of your accomplishments!That group of seniors were special and will be missed, but Logan next year will just reload and have just as good of a team! Congratulations on the league title and keep up all the offseason work like Logan has always done in the past!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Nice post. It's good to see that someone around here actually appreciates just how good Logan was this year. They dominated the SEOAL like nothing I have seen in my time watching SEOAL football and they'll definitely be remembered for that. They struggled defensively against Tri-Valley and it cost them, but that shouldn't overshadow a fourth straight SEOAL title. Congrats to the Chiefs on a great year!

I think Logan will be even better next year so everyone better watch out. I'm glad that the Jackson-Logan rivalry will be renewed next year, but it's definitely gonna be tough to compete with the Chiefs.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

As a Chieftain poster i want to thank you for the kind words. I must say i honestly expect the team next year to be better. So once again i want to challenge the other members of this league to work hard and make the Chiefs earn that 5th straight championship.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i am not surprised of the outcome of this year :arrow: and wont be shocked if it`s the same next year :arrow: this seoal arent going to prepare you guys for the playoffs it`s a dead horse know need to go any further. keep playin logan football and you will be fine ;-)

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

2old wrote:As a Chieftain poster i want to thank you for the kind words. I must say i honestly expect the team next year to be better. So once again i want to challenge the other members of this league to work hard and make the Chiefs earn that 5th straight championship.

your team and kids would get a lot more kind words if it wasnt for comments like this made by you :roll:

Im sure some basketball school would like for you all to work hard and give them more of a chellenge :lol: :lol:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Logan would get a lot more kind words if the teams in this league step it up a notch an play football on the same level as Logan. Look at the scoires this year. It was ridiculous. The kids don't need kind words(this is not rec league) they need competition.

You can say what you want but, if Logan can get to this level other teams can too. Get bteer , work harder. Do not make excuses like you guys do. oh they are too big, or it is just cyclical. Whining does not make you better. GET to work. Cahllenge your kids and coaches.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

2old - I don't hear other league members "whining" about the lack of competition Logan provides them in other sports besides football and track.

Maybe if Logan's XC team and baseball team provided Warren with better competition during the league season - Warren's teams would have fared better in the postseason.

Get off your arrogant pedestal. Its no one's fault but Logan's that they lost last weekend.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Run,
Take it some where else. Is XC a sport. I am a football fan Go enjoy XC. The other league members are stuck in mediocrity and below if they are happy with their performance. Why do people resist improvement? You guys have improved, but you are not there yet. Get to work and away from the keyboard.

I will tell you this and warn the rest of the league.

Logan is working to get better.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

you was a basketball fan last year :shock: 8) :lol:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

i am glad you remember. But if you noticed i posted more abut the great games between Chilly and Zville than i did about the Chiefs. i care even less about bb this year. i have so many fans.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

no, im not talking about on here,I seen you hootin and yellin at some Logan games ;-)

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Congratulations to the Logan Chieftains on a remarkable season.

Despite the overzealous remarks by two particular posters from Logan and Youngstown, I'm happy for Coach Amyx, the players, and the nice community of Logan.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

yeah?

you ever see how the old guy takes over ironton threads?

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

i was referring to him as well.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Webb,

You have a problem and it is close to Chieftain Envy. I know you follow VC which means football is not too exciting for you. I hope your basketball team does as well as last year. Maybe you can find something to post about besides making snide remarks. If you have not noticed i do not post much about Viking football. Why would I? The Vikes are another team that should work on improving. It would be a great game for Logan but at this point we would have to send our JV.

IHSTiger81
Riding the Bench

Post by IHSTiger81 »

2old wrote:Logan would get a lot more kind words if the teams in this league step it up a notch an play football on the same level as Logan. Look at the scoires this year. It was ridiculous. The kids don't need kind words(this is not rec league) they need competition.

You can say what you want but, if Logan can get to this level other teams can too. Get bteer , work harder. Do not make excuses like you guys do. oh they are too big, or it is just cyclical. Whining does not make you better. GET to work. Cahllenge your kids and coaches.

Are you drunk? Cause I feel like I am whenever I read your posts. Use spell-check or something.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I would much rather be successful in multiple sports rather than just one.

Atownfan2005
Waterboy

Post by Atownfan2005 »

Can we PLEASE stop the arguing, haven't you people realized that football is now over in the SEOAL!It's a very said thing, especially when people are constantly arguing over the stupidest things!I started this thread so that we coudl talk about Logan's 4th straight league title, what we have coming up for next year, and to congratulate them!Soo stop arguing or take it to a different forum!

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

gahs4ever wrote:Its basketball season in the SEOAL!

Unfortunately.

dr awkward
Waterboy

Post by dr awkward »

The Chieftans record compared the Vikings record in the playoffs can't be all too far apart. Why do you have to put down VC? With that being said Logan had an excellent year and mowed down the competition in the SEOAL. Coach Amyx does an amazing job year in and out getting his kids to play hard.

Continuity in the program is rare in Southern Ohio or in high school in general. When a good coach establishes a good system and stays at the school good things happen. Coach Amyx has established this at Logan. Vinton County experienced this in the 90's with Coach Jack O'Rourke in football and now are experiencing it with Coach Matt Combs in basketball (20-0 in the regular season and played Chilli tough in the District). Their girls basketball program is young with talent and are blessed with established young coach in Coach Jeremy Ward (District runner-up last year mostly everyone back).

My point is to enjoy your success and respect your opponents and fellow SEO posters. It's the best way to earn other's respect. I live in Chillicothe and root for the Cavs and don't disagree the rest of the league needs to catch up to Logan. Nobody in the SEOAL had a quality win outside of conference (maybe Portsmouth over Wheelersburg see how the playoffs go) all season. Logan will be the favorites again next year and somebody will have to play darn good ball to unseat them as champions. Again, congrats Logan on a great season. It will be different without Bill Saur field that was a great atmosphere filled with great fans, and a great band, hopefully that will continue at your new faciliy.

Return to “Football”