Playoffs:D4 #6 Union Local (9-1) @ #3 Waverly (9-1)

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Playoffs:D4 #6 Union Local (9-1) @ #3 Waverly (9-1)

Post by 72Xcurl »

Might as well start talking about this one. I know that it is still unofficial, but all signs are pointing to this match up.

I am sure the Tiger faithful will pack the house on Saturday to cheer the Tigers on to VICTORY...

Have a good week of preparation Coach Wright, players, and staff, I know you will all be ready to make us proud.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The posters from that area talked about how Union Local had a very tough running back.

Hoepfully Waverly has recoverd from the injury bug and can play a solid game next Saturday.

Good luck Tigers. Let's put 3 SOC teams in the finals.

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:The posters from that area talked about how Union Local had a very tough running back.

Hoepfully Waverly has recoverd from the injury bug and can play a solid game next Saturday.

Good luck Tigers. Let's put 3 SOC teams in the finals.

Thanks Yabba, word is that most of the banged up Tigers should be a go for the playoffs. Good luck to you guys in the second season. I think the three teams from the SOC II can make serious noise starting Friday at the Burg.

GO TIGERS
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Looking at the Region, I'd handicap & rank it this way --

1. St. Clairsville
2. Portsmouth
3.Westfall
4.Union Loc.
5.Waverly
6.New Lex
7. L.H.
8. Rock Hill

Slight edge to U.L. over Waverly.

Have gun, will travel
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Paladin, that's probably pretty accurate the way they line up at this point of the season.

Waverly is still not 100% healthy. A couple starters didn't even play last night and others were limited. Waverly has to be week 4 healthy and mentally prepared for this game. I know the coaching staff will do everything they can to get them prepared this week. Raidager field will be packed so get your tickets early.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Good luck to Waverly. I hope that they're at full strength on Saturday. Win one for SE Ohio!

osellstickets
Waterboy

Post by osellstickets »

This Waverly team has playoff experience and a quarterback who has started 37 varsity football games. The overall health of the team is better than it has been in a couple of weeks, and they get to play at home. What else could you ask for?

I look for a Waverly victory....followed by a possible match up with the Westfall Mustangs...........there's nothing like high school football in November!!!

Good luck Band of Brothers!!!

If your toes are getting stepped on, you aren't moving them fast enough
sig
Waterboy

Post by sig »

Union Local should win this game. They are a very disciplined and talented team. Waverlys defense will be in for a long night. Union local by at least 17 points

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

sig wrote:Union Local should win this game. They are a very disciplined and talented team. Waverlys defense will be in for a long night. Union local by at least 17 points

If this is the maychup, then Waverly cruises!
I truly believe that Waverly needed that lose to wake themselves up and now the terror begins! Walls goes off and makes this one over quick!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Good luck to the Waverly Tigers next Saturday night from this Burg fan. I just may see if my neighbor Alabama Mike wants to head up watch this one.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i think this game could be a upset. i hope i'm wrong though. good luck tigers from this pirate fan

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Who would have to win for it to be an upset? The way I'm hearing Union Local is favored. I'm rooting for the Tigers to pull off the upset.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

good luck to waverly saturday night :!: hope to see all of you healthy and playing to your potential :!: post a big w make a statement early :!:

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Waverly wins it at home

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

The impact player from Union Local is not a running back but a receiver kick returner. Their quarterback is also excellent with super speed.

Zack Gust is the receiver. This past Friday in a win he scored three touchdowns, two by kick returns and one receiving. Gust is the fastest player in Region 15. I'm not sure how many touchdowns he has on the season, maybe close to 20 and half are on returns and interception returns.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Gust ran a 11.43 hundred meter dash in the state last year but didnt qualify for the finals. Sounds fast, but hey, dont kick it to him! :lol:

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

In the district finals Gust ran a 10.99 fat.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Track runners don't matter. Just ask Ironton. :-D :-D

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Nobody else has done so I will play the numbers game.

Waverly's offense: 33.6 ppg
Union Local's offense: 35.0 ppg

Waverly's defense: 11.4 ppg
Union Local's defense: 16.6 ppg

Waverly's opponent's record: 46-54
Union Local's opponent's record: 42-56

Union Local 3-1 vs. teams with winning record
Waverly 2-1 vs. teams with a winning record

Union Local 0-1 vs. playoff teams
Waverly 1-1 vs. playoff teams
I know the game isn't played on paper, but on Radaiger Field. IDK about this one my fellow Tiger fans. Let's say the Tigers at HOME take it in an out and out dogfight!!!!!!!!

pirates/redmen fan
JV Team

Post by pirates/redmen fan »

GOOD LUCK WAVERLY TIGERS.

Return to “Football”