Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Insane how close the all time record is truly a rivalry

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Tigers and Trojans

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Piqua vs. Troy

One issue that can derail the prestige of a rivalry is when it becomes one-sided. A good example in the college ranks is how Ohio State fans claim Michigan is their rival but clear out their late-October plans to watch the Buckeyes take on Penn State. The rivalry between the Indians and Trojans has no such issue. With over 130 meetings between the two schools, Troy holds the slightest of margins, 66 wins, 65 losses and six ties. And if the playoff seeding falls right, meeting No. 138 could occur in the OHSAA playoffs.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Re: OVC CHIP Ironton v Portsmouth

Post by Moses Guthrie »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:55 pm
eagle one wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:36 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:13 am

I will be at the ribber from 3 pm till game time on that game day and I will take that bet all day long ,even in our worst game this year no way we lose to Ironton by 30 !!

Yes Ironton will and should be the favorite,but not by 30 points
if they cut back on the penalties they will have a running clock good lord they beat the point by 7
Who gives a poop how much they beat SP by? That’s meaningless when it comes to this game. That’s the same as saying Ironton will only win by 9. They beat Gallia by 7, Portsmouth lost to Gallia by 2 so Ironton will only win this game by 9. Ironton only beat Fairland by 21, Portsmouth by 34. Comparing scores, comparing common opponents is pointless. Doesn’t pertain to this game.
Yep

Go Trojans !!

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Re: WK10 OVC CHIP Ironton v Portsmouth

Post by 2quick2catch »

Would love to see Portsmouth play well in this game.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Re: OVC CHIP Ironton v Portsmouth

Post by BigSpoon »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:17 pm So if I’m reading right ,Ironton thinks they are to good to even play a OVC schedule. Portsmouth isn’t even mentioned either on teams to play. I truly feel that Portsmouth has always had the athletes to play with anyone and Ironton is turning there noses up at Portsmouth and all OVC now.
Its just a couple ovc schools complaining about Ironton instead of wanting to make their programs better. I think they need to stay where they are at for now. Some people just want to see them with a tougher schedule so their chance of losing is greater. Its mostly CG and RH people who want Ironton out of the ovc.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:03 pm I thought Ironton would blow gallia out but it sounds like it was close. I’ll take Ironton but I’m not gonna predict a blowout again. Was last week just not a great game for Ironton?
14 penalties and didn’t execute very well at all after halftime I believe it was 22-7 at half and the defense was on the field most of the game

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Pinwheel wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:28 pm Portsmouth almost got Ironton last year in the playoffs, really close to the same teams this year.

"Any given night"
That was with Carpenter and Carter out hurt wasn’t it? They are both back and healthy now.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

BigSpoon wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:25 am
Pinwheel wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:28 pm Portsmouth almost got Ironton last year in the playoffs, really close to the same teams this year.

"Any given night"
That was with Carpenter and Carter out hurt wasn’t it? They are both back and healthy now.
Yes it was, Portsmouth was also without Drew Roe. That was the first start for now senior QB Tyler Duncan. Tough place to get your first varsity start, playoffs at Ironton lol.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

2quick2catch wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:48 pm Would love to see Portsmouth play well in this game.

Me too.

I would also like to see the FighTing Tigers of weeks 1-4 return.

A return of that trajectory & the focus that existed prior to the distractions of Mid-Season & the Tigers will be just FANtastic!

#GoTgo

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

BigSpoon wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:25 am

"Any given night"

Like posted above,we was without our best player on the field the OVC player of the year and all state Drew Roe

What position does Carter play for Ironton?

O doubt Carpenter is the man that needs to be contained, if Portsmouth doesn't get pressure on him he will pick them a part

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Is this game being streamed

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

TigerMania wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:39 pm Is this game being streamed
It is spectrum game of the week

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Channel 1 or 2 on spectrum

SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

I would like to see a Trojan Win but just don’t see it happening.
Expect a score similar to West, If not worse.

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

SiderSam wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:18 pm I would like to see a Trojan Win but just don’t see it happening.
Expect a score similar to West, If not worse.
If West & Portsmouth played again it wouldn’t be a blow out. Different Portsmouth team 8 weeks later.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Portsmouth has nothing to lose here.Ironton has had the biggest egos all year of them being so much better than there little brothers in the OVC. I still say Portsmouth can win this game and Wheelersburg will definitely make them cry when they meet again. I hope the refs are not local Tiger residents.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Plus the Portsmouth squad might get a second crack at the elite 11 from Ironton. Ironton attitude s they thinks they’re a small college team and everyone should bend the knee to them. You like the Gameof Thrones reference here. Portsmouth bending the knee at mid field. That won’t happen!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:37 pm Plus the Portsmouth squad might get a second crack at the elite 11 from Ironton. Ironton attitude s they thinks they’re a small college team and everyone should bend the knee to them. You like the Gameof Thrones reference here. Portsmouth bending the knee at mid field. That won’t happen!
Lol glad you went game of thrones and not house of dragons. I can’t remember anyones name on that show and every week they are a new person playing that character

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

For Portsmouth fans, how great would it be ,when the Ironton team and players bending the knee at midfield. Portsmouth seems to be capable of playing great! Will Spectrum show a Ironton team bending the knee after the game, and in week 12 or 13 the Pirates making them bend the knee again.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Was watching Spectrum a few minutes ago and Portsmouth’s Head Coach Kalb was interviewed. What a story of Coach Kalb and seems like a true Trojan for Portsmouth. Kalb and the Trojans it’s within reach, play under control and never give up . The overrated Tigers all year but in reality they strap them up just like you. I’m pulling for Coach Kalb and the Trojans from Portsmouth. One play at a time and keep on playing until the horn sounds. Remember never bend the knee!

Return to “Football”