Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

SpeedKillz

Re: Can Ironton beat Moeller?

Post by SpeedKillz »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:41 am
Bdog_198807 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:38 am

Lol tell me you've never seen high school football in south florida up close, w/o telling me you've never seen high school football in south florida up close.
Wow before everyone laughs me off here. I know there are several big football states. Do you realize how many high school football teams there are just in Ohio? I would venture to guess there are more bad teams than good that's the only reason I said 75% and I'm sure it's that way everywhere. Go to calpreps and put Ironton in and project them against a random team from a random state. Do that until Ironton gets beat. It may take a while. You all are talking about maybe 10 states with powerhouse football. What about the other 40?
American Heritage
IMG.
Duncanville ( tx)
Miami Central
St John Boscoe
Mater Dei ( who last season had around 20 D1 recruits. ( 4 & 5 stars)
List is endless. You people really need to get out more. Sheesh 😂
Moellar cant play w these teams either. 🤡😂

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pope will be leading a Tiger chant by half

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Hate to say it,but good point Speed. :? :o

artisgilmore
Varsity

Can Ironton beat Moeller?

Post by artisgilmore »

Please,football comments only.Go.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

At what????

Badminton!!!!! Lol

You never know. Could be a good stepping point for them but could be a game with players getting hurt for Ironton. Moeller has some big boys

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

We gonna get another thread on this when it’s actually game week, aren’t we LOL

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Sorry if I offended anybody. I was just giving my opinion I didn't get to see any replies before the thread was deleted. But anyways I believe Ironton could beat just about anyone. They are a very skilled team and like I said I'm a burg fan. Burg is also good Ironton is just on a different level right now. Good luck vs Moeller. Play a good game with little to no mistakes and I think alot of people may be surprised. Go Southern Ohio!!!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

It will be hard but can be done. They are high schools kids so anything is possible. If moeller beats or is close vs Louisville trinity this week ironton has no shot. Trinity is great every year. And moellers schedule is one of the hardest I’ve seen.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton can beat them but there is a lot of if's to this one.
Moeller is a different beast
Ironton will need to control the LOS the clock and keep the turnovers down more Ironton needs to work on the penalties.
They was bad last year and starting out bad this year.
Against a team like Moeller it will be a decider in who wins.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Ironton can beat Moeller because their front 7/8 defensively is good enough to keep them in the game.

Ironton also may also struggle to move the ball against a defense full of athletes as good or better than them.

Moeller is a D1 team playing a D5 team. It will be an upset if they lose. Ironton comes out healthy and somewhat competitive and it’s mission accomplished.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

I think They can potentially beat them but more importantly can they beat Jackson? I'm sure that's what they are worried about at the moment.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Moeller's overall record the last few years has been really bad, granted I know they're playing much harder teams. Looking at the number of wins they've produced seems as if Moeller is but in name only at this point. Yeah they're D1 but so was Sycamore last season, love to know what all Moeller has coming back for this season.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Don’t be deceived by Moeller’s 2020 record. Their losses were to:
- East Central (7-2) out of Indiana
- Trinity (undefeated) out of Louisville
- Elder
- LaSalle (D2 state semi finalist)
- St X twice (D1 state champion)

As for what they are bringing back:
- Big QB who can run and throw. Started last four games in 2020; 225 yards and 2 TDs per game.
- TE committed to UK
- WR with numerous D1 offers. He played little last year due to injury. Finished 2nd in D1 state track meet in the 100m. Timed at sub 4.3/40 at Iowa State football camp. Small but extremely fast.
- An offense that can run and throw very well.
- Very strong front 7 with a number of D1 prospects.
greygoose wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:43 am Moeller's overall record the last few years has been really bad, granted I know they're playing much harder teams. Looking at the number of wins they've produced seems as if Moeller is but in name only at this point. Yeah they're D1 but so was Sycamore last season, love to know what all Moeller has coming back for this season.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Moeller is NOT that good. Being at Ironton, Ironton will win. The same crew is working this game that worked the CAPE game when Snow played.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:39 am Don’t be deceived by Moeller’s 2020 record. Their losses were to:
- Elder

- Big QB who can run and throw. Started last four games in 2020; 225 yards and 2 TDs per game.
- TE committed to UK
- WR with numerous D1 offers. He played little last year due to injury. Finished 2nd in D1 state track meet in the 100m. Timed at sub 4.3/40 at Iowa State football camp. Small but extremely fast.
greygoose wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:43 am Moeller's overall record the last few years has been really bad, granted I know they're playing much harder teams. Looking at the number of wins they've produced seems as if Moeller is but in name only at this point. Yeah they're D1 but so was Sycamore last season, love to know what all Moeller has coming back for this season.
Thanks, that's good info well when you look at the 2020 record I was more looking at 2019 2-8 and 2 seasons prior to that basically a .500 ball club. That's why I was curious what they had coming back because of the record and where they've been the last few seasons in general. Good information thanks.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:53 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:39 am Don’t be deceived by Moeller’s 2020 record. Their losses were to:
- Elder

- TE committed to UK
Thanks, that's good info well when you look at the 2020 record I was more looking at 2019 2-8 and 2 seasons prior to that basically a .500 ball club. That's why I was curious what they had coming back because of the record and where they've been the last few seasons in general. Good information thanks.
Record with schools in the GCL south is always tough to judge since they play extreme schedules; no easy games. Take last year: despite a terrible record, they still won their first playoff game by two scores against Hamilton (Hamilton beat Sycamore 39-7, nearly identical to Ironton’s win). Also hard to judge year over year given how these schools recruit.

Their first game this year against Lakota East (considered the #10 D1 school in the Cincy area preseason) was a shootout with lots of offense. Moeller put up over 400 yards split evenly between run/pass.

So Moeller’s D is not as strong as their O. Can Ironton produce a balanced attack to keep them off balanced? That’s what Lakota East did.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

NO.....................

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

No

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

Moellar may put up 50.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

After watching the Jackson-Ironton game, Ironton should not have scheduled Moeller and has no business playing them.

Return to “Football”