August 27, 2021 Ironton 13 - 10 Jackson (Game of the Year)

SpeedKillz

Re: Week 2… Jackson @ Ironton

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:41 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:37 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Are they airing games on Facebook again? I watched quite a few on there last year
https://youtu.be/bG7E3SUFmnI
Thanks will watch it shortly. What about future games? They had a site on Facebook last year but I can’t remember what it was called
Good to see you on here btw. I enjoyed your posts last season and talking football w you. Lotta respect for Kirtlands program and Coach Leverde.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:49 pm

Thanks will watch it shortly. What about future games? They had a site on Facebook last year but I can’t remember what it was called
Same site as youtube. Mytowntv. This upcomimg fri vs Jackson will be available and I believe Moellar is being carried on local cable affiliate.
Yes it was mytowntv. Thanks. I watched like 6-7 games on there last season. Ours is usually always NFHS network which you gotta pay for. I think it’s awesome they stream for free
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:52 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:49 pm

Same site as youtube. Mytowntv. This upcomimg fri vs Jackson will be available and I believe Moellar is being carried on local cable affiliate.
Yes it was mytowntv. Thanks. I watched like 6-7 games on there last season. Ours is usually always NFHS network which you gotta pay for
Yup. I actually pay to watch you guys. Enjoy watching Kirtlands consistency and commitment.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:00 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:23 am i'm so happy to see ironton rolling the burg. it feels good to be right this ship. who knows, they might play twice. jackson is always a big game. so glad to have renewed this rivalry. southern ohio needs this. my thoughts on ironton are that they look pretty solid in just about everything. if we get our passing game zeroed in, we could be a hard out. and our defense was on the burgs qb all night.
Second that. Good to see you on here Bait. Now that old vibe on here is back. Let the banter begin. Lol

Where in the world have you been ?!! And how the hell are ya !

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Good to see you on here btw. I enjoyed your posts last season and talking football w you. Lotta respect for Kirtlands program and Coach Leverde.
Thanks. I enjoyed talking football with you also man. I became a Tiger fan last season

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:57 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Thanks. I enjoyed talking football with you also man. I became a Tiger fan last season
And I a Hornet fan. 💯 much respect.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Does Jackson have a two game winning streak on the line against the Tiggers??

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:45 am Irontons will get more fight at the poa from Jackson. Remains to be seen what kinda push and who gets the advantage. Ironton should feature Keys in backfield and let Howard & co fill in and get reps. At QB, I think Wylie has the rhythm right now. He should go ahead and start friday night and bring Carpenter along accordingly. Both are very good at what they do. Carpenter bring a buncha big game experience, Wylie is an athlete and a playmaker. Kid doesn't play or act like he is afraid of the moment. And between the two I think Wylie has more dual threat ability.

A QB "controversy" only happens when a staff handles it poorly and/or players are emotionally immature. A team w a collective purpose can handle any change with poise and move forward and focused.

Irontons defensive line and linebackers are the gem of SEO. It doesn't get much better.

Irontons wideout combos and especially Perkins/Masters/Duncan/Wilson/Keys/ etc etc etc is deep. Lotta motivation to open up the playbook.

Irontons offensive line ok. Lotta penalties up front. Need to clean that up and continue tryin to get their blocks to the 2nd level. If they can be consistent and allow a big, fast back like Keys to find a rhythm where he really starts seeing his spots and things slow down for him visually, he is gonna be really difficult to contain and is gonna start gettin you 7/8 yards per carry. And if that happens Wylie is gonna be really worrisome for defenses w his arm and his legs.

Irontons secondary is the area to pay attention to. One returning starter along w a bunch of youth.

Ironton needs to be more careful on sp team fielding kicks. Dont force it and take unnecessary risk.
Good post and a lot of similarities can be found with the Ironmen as well in what you said.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:34 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:45 am Irontons will get more fight at the poa from Jackson. Remains to be seen what kinda push and who gets the advantage. Ironton should feature Keys in backfield and let Howard & co fill in and get reps. At QB, I think Wylie has the rhythm right now. He should go ahead and start friday night and bring Carpenter along accordingly. Both are very good at what they do. Carpenter bring a buncha big game experience, Wylie is an athlete and a playmaker. Kid doesn't play or act like he is afraid of the moment. And between the two I think Wylie has more dual threat ability.

A QB "controversy" only happens when a staff handles it poorly and/or players are emotionally immature. A team w a collective purpose can handle any change with poise and move forward and focused.

Irontons defensive line and linebackers are the gem of SEO. It doesn't get much better.

Irontons wideout combos and especially Perkins/Masters/Duncan/Wilson/Keys/ etc etc etc is deep. Lotta motivation to open up the playbook.

Irontons offensive line ok. Lotta penalties up front. Need to clean that up and continue tryin to get their blocks to the 2nd level. If they can be consistent and allow a big, fast back like Keys to find a rhythm where he really starts seeing his spots and things slow down for him visually, he is gonna be really difficult to contain and is gonna start gettin you 7/8 yards per carry. And if that happens Wylie is gonna be really worrisome for defenses w his arm and his legs.

Irontons secondary is the area to pay attention to. One returning starter along w a bunch of youth.

Ironton needs to be more careful on sp team fielding kicks. Dont force it and take unnecessary risk.
Good post and a lot of similarities can be found with the Ironmen as well in what you said.
Thanks. Jackson needs to establish the run early. Doing that will allow them to take shots at Irontons secondary and test it. Defensively, they need to give Irontons o line an assortment of looks. This confused Ironton early when Burg did it, however Burg didnt have the personnel to sustain it. Run some off balance. Try to create some mismatches and lure Irontons o line into some mistakes. They were riddled with penalties in week one and very early on there were some exchange issues between QB & Center.

Dont give Ironton a short field. Make them sustain long drives. Establish a run pass balance and attack Irontons inexperienced secondary. Make em make plays.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Ironton was sloppy against Wheelersburg, way too many penalties and blown coverages. But they look to have the horses to make another run. Jackson has been solid club for years. I’ll have to go with the Tigers at home , too much muscle for the Ironmen this year.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Ed Gennero wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:53 pm Ironton was sloppy against Wheelersburg, way too many penalties and blown coverages. But they look to have the horses to make another run. Jackson has been solid club for years. I’ll have to go with the Tigers at home , too much muscle for the Ironmen this year.
I’ll have to agree with this. Ironton by 2-3 TDS.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Ironton. I don't see anybody from the surrounding counties competing against Ironton. After they play Moehller in week 4, they won't see a test until maybe 3rd round of playoffs.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Kickoff has been moved to 7:30

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:56 pm Kickoff has been moved to 7:30

Any word why ?? Heat maybe for player safety ? Bigger gate ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:17 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:56 pm Kickoff has been moved to 7:30

Any word why ?? Heat maybe for player safety ? Bigger gate ?
Weather of high heat has been extended and will be very warm at kickoff. Chance of thunderstorms much of late afternoon so I worry this game will be anything regular.

I wouldn’t care but have to leave for bus next morning at 4:45 am. So you can about book a midnight finish.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I think Calpreps is a bit off on this prediction.

Calpreps:

Ironton —- 40
Jackson —- 8

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson has ample talent at the skill positions….an experienced coaching staff…and enough bulletin board material for a whole bag of chips on their shoulders.

Eager to see how resilient this team is.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Ironton is young in areas. Need to keep this team level collectively. Don't look ahead to the showcase game w Moellar.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

It may have already been mentioned, but will there be a live video feed available for this game? If so can y'all post a link? Thanks

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

mackdog wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:05 am It may have already been mentioned, but will there be a live video feed available for this game? If so can y'all post a link? Thanks
Mytowntv. On fb or youtube. Once you locate it, click subscribe and the notification bell.

Return to “Football”