SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: JACKSON vs IRONTON scrimmage 8/23

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Varsity/1's score?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:11 pm I cannot find who #2 is on the MaxPreps IHS FB info link for 2019.
Junior Jones

Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

Score?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Had to leave just before half...Ironton was inside the 10 and up 20-7

Ironton very solid. Nice big line with very good skill players. Dropped 3 passes was about only weak showing. Great kicker

Jackson looked pretty good on defense. New dbs bit a couple times but easy fix and rather see that now than later. Plays were a bit strange. I’m pretty sure Spires will be a top back and not sure he touched the ball. Prater needs touches down the field, Winters ran hard after catches. Dailey looked good.

Running game was head scratching. I believe it’s there but not been seen.

Good Luck to Ironton. Can’t wait to turn everything lose next week. Offense has a lot of potential but gotta get it fine tuned.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Varsity was 37-7

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:17 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:11 pm I cannot find who #2 is on the MaxPreps IHS FB info link for 2019.
Junior Jones
Thank you.

Can anyone supply an ironton roster. Link to roster or team photos for 2019 etc. ?

Thank you!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:29 pm
Junior Jones
Thank you.

Can anyone supply an ironton roster. Link to roster or team photos for 2019 etc. ?

Thank you!
If you have a facebook account, you can go to Ironton's Football page, and find a team picture.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Tripaces wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:22 pm Varsity was 37-7
Wow.

I think Ironton will have a big edge next Friday.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:50 pm
Tripaces wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:22 pm Varsity was 37-7
Wow.

I think Ironton will have a big edge next Friday.

Red they are for the real deal

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:16 pm
Tripaces wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:07 pm Junior jones
That’s what I thought, he’s a beast.

Second that. Kid was ALL oVER the field. He’s a force and very very impressive. He’s gonna be a handful Nice player that kid is. Physical.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson defense played well stout against the run. Offense showed flaws but hopefully everything hasn’t been shown. The big 4backs only few have been showed in preseason. Prolly a reason for that. Need to get back to work and get better

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:21 pm Had to leave just before half...Ironton was inside the 10 and up 20-7

Ironton very solid. Nice big line with very good skill players. Dropped 3 passes was about only weak showing. Great kicker

Jackson looked pretty good on defense. New dbs bit a couple times but easy fix and rather see that now than later. Plays were a bit strange. I’m pretty sure Spires will be a top back and not sure he touched the ball. Prater needs touches down the field, Winters ran hard after catches. Dailey looked good.

Good Luck to Ironton. Can’t wait to turn everything lose next week. Offense has a lot of potential but gotta get it fine tuned.

Well said

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:48 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:29 pm

Junior Jones
Thank you.

Thank you!
If you have a facebook account, you can go to Ironton's Football page, and find a team picture.

Have scoured those pages on the ironton Facebook page, and nothing featured as an official photo like previous years. (Team photo, Rows-(L-R) names) etc.

Would be great to see an up to date roster too.
Could be me not being use to FB as well.
I Only reopened a FB account recently for IHS FB, after many years of not having FB!

If anyone has a roster /team photo site link, plz share!

Gotigersgo!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:21 pm Had to leave just before half...Ironton was inside the 10 and up 20-7

Jackson won the 10 play series 7-0

And lost the 2 quarter game 33-7, but those numbers are deceiving . A pick 6 , a fumble 6 , and a fumbled snap in the shotgun led to 17 ironton points. Defense did well under the circumstances minus the 2 plays Jackson didn’t put a corner on a receiver . I think the offense gave up more points than the defense.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Good ole fashioned beat down

Lay the Wood
Waterboy

Post by Lay the Wood »

2019 H.S. Football Preview — Ironton: Operation redemption for Tigers
Rocky Stanley | The Daily Independent 9 hrs ago
Ironton FB

Ironton is still grinding its Tiger teeth over the way last season ended.

The Fighting Tigers fell out of contention for the Ohio Valley Conference championship with lost double-digit leads against Gallia Academy and Portsmouth to close the regular season.

The frustration was only compounded by a 15-7 defeat to Division V, Region 19 top seed Johnstown-Monroe in their first-round playoff matchup.

Ironton had the ball facing third-and-goal at the Johnnies’ 1-yard line with the clock winding down in the fourth quarter, but turned it over on a fumbled snap.

The Tigers got the ball back with 1:21 remaining and advanced as far as the J-M 26 before being turned away.

Quarterback Gage Salyers explained the key miscue as a miscommunication between himself and center Rocky White.

“We’re all looking forward to making up for it this year,” Salyers said with determination during the team’s media day at Tanks Memorial Stadium.

J-M went on to finish state runner-up, but enough about the past. Ironton has designs on making a run of its own to the final in 2019 behind Youngstown State commit Salyers and highly sought-after junior Reid Carrico.

There’s an added buzz around Tigertown, where tradition fuels high expectations.

“This year, they’re really high,” Salyers said. “We’re senior-heavy.”

At the center of the excitement is No. 28, a running back/linebacker who already has offers from several of college football’s elite programs.

Carrico, a 6-foot-3, 225-pounder, rushed for 1,376 yards as a sophomore and led the team with 15 touchdowns. He’s valued just as much on the defensive side.

Ironton, 6-5 last season, will look to attain high-level goals by building off expectations from within.

“Our expectations as a team are always the same,” second-year coach Trevon Pendleton said. “We are going to compete. Nobody is going to outwork us. Another thing is building a strong team bond, unity.”

The Tigers hit the ground running this year after a season of learning the ropes in Pendleton’s system.

“We’re way ahead of where we were last year,” he said during the team’s media day. “The first year, there were a lot of ups and downs. The second year, kids understand the expectations. Everything transitions a little smoother.”

Pendleton is excited about Ironton’s depth on a 66-player roster, its largest in a while.

“There’s depth all around,” the coach said. “A lot of guys are itching to get on the field.”

Four transfers — three from across the river — are expected to make significant contributions. The group includes Junior Jones (Ashland), Noah Davidson (Raceland), Beau Brownstead (Raceland) and Kyle Howell (Portsmouth West). Howell, a junior, is the only non-senior of the bunch.

Ironton returns a veteran backfield with All-Ohio special mention honorees Salyers, Carrico and fullback Seth Fosson. Salyers passed for nearly 1,000 yards and rushed for more than 500. Fosson, a third-year starter, ran for 482 yards with 11 TDs as a junior.

Behind them, Pendleton mentioned Cameron Deere, Brownstead, Jones and Dalton Crabtree at running back.

Several players likely will rotate on an offensive line hoping to get White back healthy from an injury.

“He understands the offense and makes all the right calls,” Pendleton said.

Senior Caden McFann has experience playing all three positions up front and sophomore Riley Boggs is another returning starter. Davidson, Hunter Eaches, Ryan Cecil, Nate Cochran, Chase Stevens, Lucas White and Nolan Schreck are in the mix.

“We didn’t have a set line through camp one day,” Pendleton said.

At tight end, senior Bryce Munion, Brownstead and sophomore Ashton Duncan are top candidates. Last year, Duncan’s brother Ethan started there as a senior and was an All-Ohio first-team linebacker.

“Ashton has shown quite a bit,” Pendleton said. “He’s a bigger-body kid (6-2, 205) and athletic.”

Senior Jordan Grizzle is a returning starter at wideout. Howell also entered the picture with starting experience as part of a group including Colin Freeman and Trent Hacker.

Defensively, Cochran (6-2, 250) is a sophomore who brings strength and athletic ability to the front line, according to Ironton’s coach. Cecil and Lucas White provide inside support.

Manning the defensive ends will be Fosson, Gunner Crawford and Jones, with Crawford also bouncing to linebacker.

“Junior Jones has been a good player in the area for a while,” Pendleton said. ”He’s become a part of this family. He’s doing a great job.”

Jones grew up in Ohio and played briefly at South Point as a freshman. He spent the next two years as a key member of Ashland’s defense before being sidelined by injury.

In between two shoulder surgeries, Jones tragically lost his father — Joshua Jones, Sr. — in January. Junior’s back in his home state full-time, hoping to finish his high school career on a high note.

“I’m just trying to do the best I can,” Jones said. “It’s been hard with my dad passing, very rough. He always pushed me. His biggest goal for me was to make something of myself.”

Jones said he’s thankful for his time in Ashland and playing for the Tomcats.

“Those two years were good for me,” he said. “It taught me about who I am and what I can do. There are a lot of good people over there.”

Now Jones will be seeing the Ashland-Ironton rivalry from the other side.

“It was kind of tough to think about at first,” he said. “That’s always a big game.”

Jones said his shoulders have healed well. He’s happy to be wearing an Ironton jersey — No. 2.

“My background is in Ohio; it’s very special,” Jones said. “I’m trying to focus on us getting to the state championship.”

The second level of Ironton’s defense has Carrico shifting from outside linebacker to the inside. Joining him will be Dylan Carpenter, Brownstead or Crawford. On the outside, it’s a combination of Deere, Crabtree, Duncan and Minion.

There’s plenty of experience in the secondary with Salyers, Grizzle, Freeman and Kameron Browning.

Ironton even broke camp with depth at kicker with three candidates — Michael Mahlmeister, Izsac Unger and Avery Book.

“We had two guys last night make one from 47 yards,” Pendleton said on Aug. 7.

While the Tigers rate as a strong contender for the OVC title, nobody is taking anything for granted.

“There’s becoming more parity around the area,” Pendleton said. “More teams are capable of knocking you off any night.”

He said the first few weeks of the new season will be crucial for the Tigers, who open at home against nemesis Wheelersburg.

“It’s going to be how fast we start and how much energy,” said Pendleton, who expects Ironton to play with an intensity that’s “almost reckless, but under control.”

Tags
Trevon Pendleton Ga

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:12 pm Good ole fashioned beat down

Lots of things that are expected in a scrimmage contributes to
That. One things for sure. Athens don’t even belong in the same stadium let alone field with those two teams. They need to pray for the TVC to stay in. Good ol fashion beat down would be being kind to the Athens had they lined up agaisnt those two teams tonight.

And that’s a fact

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Doubtful

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:38 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:12 pm Good ole fashioned beat down

Lots of things that are expected in a scrimmage contributes to
That. One things for sure. Athens don’t even belong in the same stadium let alone field with those two teams. They need to pray for the TVC to stay in. Good ol fashion beat down would be being kind to the Athens had they lined up agaisnt those two teams tonight.

And that’s a fact

Jackson vs Athens is a huge bragging rights game that will be settled week 2.
Last edited by Poo Bear on Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”