Wheelersburg(38) @ (14)Jackson

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Wheelersburg 4-0 @ Jackson 4-0

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Don't forget your 2$ to park in the field....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:06 pm Don't forget your 2$ to park in the field....
And your $5 for a veal

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

well worth 2 not to have to walk that darn hill specially when your fat!!!!

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:14 pm well worth 2 not to have to walk that darn hill specially when your fat!!!!
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I'm cool with the $2. I'm sure it goes to some good cause......... or liquor. Whatever, I don't hate.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:14 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:06 pm Don't forget your 2$ to park in the field....
And your $5 for a veal
Yessss!!!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:16 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:14 pm well worth 2 not to have to walk that darn hill specially when your fat!!!!
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You laugh lol its brutal... seen a couple bigger gals in their spandex try to pull it off back wellston vs jackson they regretted it.. i knew better

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:18 pm I'm cool with the $2. I'm sure it goes to some good cause......... or liquor. Whatever, I don't hate.
$1 goes to athletic fund and other $1 goes to what group is working the collecting (usually soccer team)

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Who are the Jackson posters that can tell us a little about their team, give us some insight into the game, strengths, weaknesses, etc., would like to hear from those folks this week?

I have some preconceived ideas of what to expect but kinda looking for their perspective.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:09 am Who are the Jackson posters that can tell us a little about their team, give us some insight into the game, strengths, weaknesses, etc., would like to hear from those folks this week?

I have some preconceived ideas of what to expect but kinda looking for their perspective.
I work in Jackson, all these guys are saying the Burg will wear them out quick. The OL is sucking wind midway through the second. They don't throw very well. 90 percent run. They say Burg wins by 28. I say Burg by 17.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jackson was able to move the ball last year when they just lined up power football and went right at Burg. Problem Jackson ran into is with that offense you have to play near perfect and they would get a hold or false start and it would put them behind for down and distance. I think Jackson will try to bring this same game plan to start the game this year, however Burg will be a little more prepared for it. Don't think Jackson has the overall team speed to keep up with Burg for 4 quarters could be close for couple quarters but in the end see Burg taking this by 2-3 scores. 35-14....35-21 range.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:09 am Who are the Jackson posters that can tell us a little about their team, give us some insight into the game, strengths, weaknesses, etc., would like to hear from those folks this week?

Jackson has a big and strong O line .
4 seniors and a junior.
Some hard nosed running backs who hit the hole hard
A few speedsters who are 4.6 type guys
A young soph quarterback
They have not thrown the ball bad , they just haven't thrown the ball often.
An excellent kicker with a college type leg
Last edited by Poo Bear on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:24 am

Jackson has a big and strong O line .
4 seniors and a junior.
Some hard nosed running backs who hit the hole hard
A few speedsters who are 4.6 type guys
A young soph quarterback
They havent thrown the ball bad , they just haven't thrown the ball often.
An excellent kicker with a college type leg

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

As far as conditioning I haven't noticed the line being gassed out at all. But maybe I'm missing something

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Neither team has had a knock down drag out game yet. This game will show what one is conditioned most and where the talent is. Two good team here. Good luck to both.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:26 am As far as conditioning I haven't noticed the line being gassed out at all. But maybe I'm missing something
I'm just going from I'm told. A lot of hands on hips. I did here the kicker has a great leg but "not very accurate"? Is that correct? I don't want to take word of mouth to the bank. So I'll just ask now. Lol.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:15 am I work in Jackson, all these guys are saying the Burg will wear them out quick. The OL is sucking wind midway through the second. They don't throw very well. 90 percent run. They say Burg wins by 28. I say Burg by 17.
Jackson has been the underdog in 6/6 of the last meetings between these two schools.

Jackson when playing local area teams here of late is usually a slight favorite or at the very least even money, so when for the last 5 years you are the underdog every single time that is saying something for Burg and the program they have established.

The 90% run doesn't bother me, the last time we won (the only time lol), we passed a whopping total of two times as I recall. This is the same year Burg went to the regional finals and gave Hartley all they wanted and then some. In fact grinding out first downs and playing keep away from what sounds like a potent Burg offense seems like it may be good strategy. I know, I know, easier said than done as it sounds like Burg run D is stout.

Big momentum shift plays can't happen. Burg is like 3/3 on onside kicks, a couple successful fake punt conversions, etc.. Those plays bring even more "swagger" to a team that has plenty to begin with. So hopefully we can eliminate those. Maybe instead of dropping two back on a punt return we drop one back or if good field position drop no one, I don't know but Burg special teams execute that stuff well and when it works it is a big swing for both teams. The 9-yard (lol) onside kick last year followed by the Burg fumble picked up by the one person outside the 21-man pile and ran in for a TD can't happen hopefully if you are an Ironman fan.

Looking forward to this game even though most of the money is on Burg, I think the staff and players are up to the challenge. Hope Friday night is clear 70-degree evening. Go red!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:01 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:26 am As far as conditioning I haven't noticed the line being gassed out at all. But maybe I'm missing something
I'm just going from I'm told. A lot of hands on hips. I did here the kicker has a great leg but "not very accurate"? Is that correct? I don't want to take word of mouth to the bank. So I'll just ask now. Lol.
We'll they average about 350 yards a game on the ground so if they put hands on hips please keep doing it

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If this thread doesn't go 10 pages, I'll be disappointed :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:29 pm
P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:15 am I work in Jackson, all these guys are saying the Burg will wear them out quick. The OL is sucking wind midway through the second. They don't throw very well. 90 percent run. They say Burg wins by 28. I say Burg by 17.
Jackson has been the underdog in 6/6 of the last meetings between these two schools.

Jackson when playing local area teams here of late is usually a slight favorite or at the very least even money, so when for the last 5 years you are the underdog every single time that is saying something for Burg and the program they have established.

The 90% run doesn't bother me, the last time we won (the only time lol), we passed a whopping total of two times as I recall. This is the same year Burg went to the regional finals and gave Hartley all they wanted and then some. In fact grinding out first downs and playing keep away from what sounds like a potent Burg offense seems like it may be good strategy. I know, I know, easier said than done as it sounds like Burg run D is stout.

Big momentum shift plays can't happen. Burg is like 3/3 on onside kicks, a couple successful fake punt conversions, etc.. Those plays bring even more "swagger" to a team that has plenty to begin with. So hopefully we can eliminate those. Maybe instead of dropping two back on a punt return we drop one back or if good field position drop no one, I don't know but Burg special teams execute that stuff well and when it works it is a big swing for both teams. The 9-yard (lol) onside kick last year followed by the Burg fumble picked up by the one person outside the 21-man pile and ran in for a TD can't happen hopefully if you are an Ironman fan.

Looking forward to this game even though most of the money is on Burg, I think the staff and players are up to the challenge. Hope Friday night is clear 70-degree evening. Go red!
Great post! Always enjoy your input! I agree, I think Jackson running the ball and the clock is a very good strategy against this burg team. Will the iron men be able to run on burg for four quarters though? That's the question. Both teams know what the other brings to the table. I think over all Jackson has the size advantage and burg has the speed.. IS IT FRIDAY YET???!!!!

Return to “Football”