Valley 17 Minford 7

vladimir
S

Re: Minford vs Valley

Post by vladimir »

How many Freshman did Valley have playing tonight?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bo_Diaz wrote:Maybe some guys just don't know as much they think. Does it change perception for the future?
100%

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Valley 17 Minford 7

Post by mattash »

Big win over their rival. How far away are these schools from each other?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

vladimir wrote:How many Freshman did Valley have playing tonight?

One had 2 sacks and the other 6-8 carries.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

mattash wrote:Big win over their rival. How far away are these schools from each other?
Maybe 5 miles?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

1990 and 2016

As Yogi said "It's dejavu all over again"

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Congrats to Valley they played loose and pulled out all the plays. 2 on side kick off recovery, catching a tip pass and stopping the run. Minford had so many team mistakes and played tight all night. It was the perfect storm. Valley could lose and chock it up as another defeat so they opened up the play book and said let's have fun. Minford forgot they had to play the game and thought they had it won before they got off the bus. 5-5 is better than 4-6 season like last year. Minford will learn from this or it will break them.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Bleeding Red wrote:Congrats to Valley.

I have never seen, as a whole, a coaching staff with no emotion and enthusiasm on the sidelines like I've seen tonight for Minford. We have 2 coaches that seem passionate and energetic. Matiz is one of them, I believe Frazie (?) Is the other.

Nonchalant. That's the best word to describe it.

I don't understand running a spread offense with a kid who is a senior, never played QB before and doesn't run the ball and really struggled to complete passes, the few times they threw the ball which was always 3rd and long.

Mind boggling.

Now that the season is over I have a serious question to ask......

Did Minford ever post the head football coaching position or was it just given to Ruby without opening it up for applications and interviews?

I also heard they awarded the high school baseball coaching position without posting it....or interviewing all applicants.
There it is! I figured it'd be tomorrow before a Minford fan was on here griping about coaching, but it wasn't even 2 hours after the last game. Congrats to the kids for Valley not giving up...gives them something to feel good about going into next year. As for Minford, give Ruby some time to get his program going (along with the baseball coach!).*

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If you paid any attention, plenty of Minford fans have been questioning the offense all year. Including this thread.

Glad to see the Valley fans come out on the board tonight. Big win lol.

Seeing what's coming up talent wise it doesn't change my outlook at the future. Valley has the clear edge on coaching but talent wise I still see Minford with a big advantage. They have a very good QB and receivers knocking at the door.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

"Big win. lol"

I've read pages of contradictions. Does JR High matter, or not? Does it matter that all 4 classes involved tonight all lost to Minford in JR high? Does it matter? That's really the question... Does it matter?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Bleeding red: I know it not just you, but that's the issue. It's Ruby's FIRST year. How bout Minford fans give him 2-3 years before the griping commences. I don't care who was coaching, Minford was not going to do much better than 5-5 this year...tonight was the only game they lost this year that they probably should've won.*

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bo_Diaz wrote:"Big win. lol"

I've read pages of contradictions. Does JR High matter, or not? Does it matter that all 4 classes involved tonight all lost to Minford in JR high? Does it matter? That's really the question... Does it matter?
You're right. I should've said "only win". Still a big one for Valley.

Jr high matters for talent. Coaching thereafter definitely comes into play.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I'm still in disbelief after this result. When these two played in Jr high, Minford beat these Valley teams badly and the Falcons were ready to put in the cheerleaders to not run up the score. How things turn around 4 yrs later is beyond me. Still SMH!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote:If you paid any attention, plenty of Minford fans have been questioning the offense all year. Including this thread.

Glad to see the Valley fans come out on the board tonight. Big win lol.

Seeing what's coming up talent wise it doesn't change my outlook at the future. Valley has the clear edge on coaching but talent wise I still see Minford with a big advantage. They have a very good QB and receivers knocking at the door.
Keep looking to jr high scores to determine your outlook for the future. This group of Valley seniors lost 60-0 to west, 34-6 to ND, and 42-0 to Northwest. Those were just the scores I could find.

Here is a thread about the 8-0 group from Minford.

http://www.southeasternohiopreps.com/fo ... 24&t=92696

Yet somehow, that amazing group couldn't squeeze out a win in 4 tries against the Indians in varsity.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Not all JR high results are useless. Not all JV results are useless. What is useless is taking that info to the bank. Coach Crabtree's first year was 90 or 91... He's won SOCs, playoff games, regionals, and other meaningful awards. He's been the constant for a quarter century. People in the know don't gripe about system or other random things. The people of lucasville have agreed to trade JR high wins for HS wins. Helluva a win without 3-4 top players. The Indians were very very young tonight and that bodes well for the future... No matter what you think of the up and comers.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Well, introducing a totally new offensive system that these kids have never been taught before until this year is also a factor. When the Minford 2012 Jr High went 8-0, it was the Wing-T offense and it was something they ran since pee-wee.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Even next year the falcons need to run the wing-t they are 2 years away from being able to run the spread. when your qb wants nothing to do with running the ball you can run the spread.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

For all you Minford folks calling for a change of offense the past 4 years. This is wat you get the same play out of the same formation when a team runs a 5-2 against a supposed spread team. They had no respect for the QB running or throwing nor any of the receivers. It was just hand the ball to Compton or Gaines and hope they break something . If Minford ran the wing t like this team was made for this game would not have been in question. No athletes on the outside so bring misdirection into the game. Honestly did the defense score more than the offense this year?

Good job to Valley I believe they scored on all 4 and longs? Amazing that senior DB's can't cover lol.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

I know Ruby favors his track kids but come on surely he can see if the kid can actually play

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Some Valley fans are sick of the ignorance some bring to seops. This thread is proof positive. It's always, blah, blah, blah, because blah, blah, blah, didn't blah, blah, blah.

Return to “Football”