WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Paper Tigers

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Paper Tigers »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:35 pm
XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:18 pm [media][/media]
TigerMania wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:30 pm

Hilarious but very true. Love the picture too! You should see what his brother posted on Facebook very sincere.😂😂😂

What a sad supporter of our team and fan base. It’s about time you find another team to root for. The new staff has completely turned a program around that was dying and all you do is run them in the ground and you admitted weeks ago you know nothing about them. So that makes you a loser. I think everyone on this site knows your problem with the program. Good riddance to Tigermania.
They are obviously not a supporter or a fan. My guess is a parent of a player who has probably graduated recently that didn't get the position they wanted, or their kid transferred out because they didn't get what they wanted. etc... someone who is obviously miserable, and carries a lot of jealousy and bitterness. Very sad to see something eat someone up inside to that extent.
Ironton fans can dish it but don't have the spine to take it.
#OverRated

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

Paper Tigers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:33 pm Ironton thumped their chest all season long on the internet and only beat up tiny bad ovc schools. They barely escaped Jackson on luck. Barely escaped Fairland with luck. Refs helped them keep things respectful vs Moe. They beat a average portsmouth twice and a horrible Wellston. When they met back up with a motivated team that could match up with them they folded. Like they always do in the post season. Irontons legendary status is supported mostly by beating up below average tiny local teams. They pretend to be a powerhouse and it's all smoke in mirrors. The post season and good teams are their kryptonite. They didn't look good offensively unless they were playing tiny ovc teams that can barely field a program. And the Ironton fan base in their misplaced enthusiasm have only served to prop up the employment viability of a young ambitious coach that couldn't finish despite his unethical methods. He will be leaving you sooner rather than later and from what I understand next season Irontons fans can enjoy watching their former highest rated recruit suit up as a Tomcat or a Pirate.

Overrated. Overinflated. Overblown.

Paper tigers.
Let me make something clear. The previous staff was the do nothing entitlement staff. I have no deference to the previous Ironton staff or anything related to it. My criticism is unbiased and it is honest because I am not a fan of either team. I am very knowlegable of them. When you bark loud in your yard but start to whimper evertime you wonder just beyond the gate or when a dog your size gets inside, you gotta take what's coming. You can "lock the gate" & go "all in" on a fact that will never change. If you are going to talk like the man, ya best start walking like him. You kicked at Burg fans all season and now you are at home and 1 - 3 all time head up with them when it counts the most. You're big talk. But you can't close. And I hope this forum has the heart to publish this because I am saying what plenty are thinking right about now. You are not getting anything your fanbase hasn't given all season & now you are clutching your pearls? No. That's not how this works.
Last edited by Paper Tigers on Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paper Tigers

Ironton 1 -3 All Time vs Wheelersburg in post season: Advantage Pirates: the mental edge changes momentum

Post by Paper Tigers »

Ironton looked stunned. The head coach looked rattled. The fans, frozen and in shock. These kinds of moments can carry over.

Next meeting: @ Burg.

Advantage Pirates.

Imagine the emotions leading into september.

Paper Tigers

Re: Ironton 1 -3 All Time vs Wheelersburg in post season: Advantage Pirates: the mental edge changes momentum

Post by Paper Tigers »

Ironton allowed themselves to get a diluted perception based on a series of games in the middle of season vs very weak and underdeveloped competition. They were very different vs every team w a decent record. They didnt dominate vs jackson or fairland or portsmouth or Moe. They only had dominate displays vs the south points & rock hills. They were STUNNED when Burg fought back. Simple as that. And these things carry over mentally.

Paper Tigers

What was that little display by Ironton and on sidelines during Burgs victory formation?

Post by Paper Tigers »

What was goin on there? Ironton was going in all hard and Burgs kneeling? And how long was Irontons HC almost out in the middle of the field? It looked almost like they were just broken mentally by burg and maybe emotional and desperate and a little mad.
It was difficult seeing the young men have to observe their coach letting his emotions get the best of him then. Were the refs talking to him about what they were doing? Ironton just seem to lose their composure late in that game.

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

Congrats to Burg, good luck next week. Want to thank the Tigers for a great season. For the ones bashing Pendleton, guy has done nothing but improve the program. He has made great strides,with the program and has done so much for the players. Yes we are all down over the loss, and question the play, as far as why we didn’t run #7 all night? Why did #10 start over #12 after being out for a few games. Until you are ready to take on the job then don’t be that guy. Coach see’s these players in practice all week, he plays who he thinks will make the biggest impact to the game. With that being said stop being a fair weather fan. When the Tigers win no complaints, but when we lose all is ready to jump on that train and bash the team. These coaches and players spend a lot of time, blood, sweat and tears to make the community happy. In my eyes they do a great job. Heads up Tigers and get ready to start working for 2022!!! Go Tigers!!!!

S.O.C
Waterboy

Post by S.O.C »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:02 pm
Paper Tigers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:33 pm Ironton thumped their chest all season long on the internet and only beat up tiny bad ovc schools. They barely escaped Jackson on luck. Barely escaped Fairland with luck. Refs helped them keep things respectful vs Moe. They beat a average portsmouth twice and a horrible Wellston. When they met back up with a motivated team that could match up with them they folded. Like they always do in the post season. Irontons legendary status is supported mostly by beating up below average tiny local teams. They pretend to be a powerhouse and it's all smoke in mirrors. The post season and good teams are their kryptonite. They didn't look good offensively unless they were playing tiny ovc teams that can barely field a program. And the Ironton fan base in their misplaced enthusiasm have only served to prop up the employment viability of a young ambitious coach that couldn't finish despite his unethical methods. He will be leaving you sooner rather than later and from what I understand next season Irontons fans can enjoy watching their former highest rated recruit suit up as a Tomcat or a Pirate.

Paper tigers.

Stupid post. Who cares how they beat Jackson, a win is a win. Jackson was a good team, not like they like a bad team beat them. Same with Fairland, they were a good team, not like it was a bad win. Portsmouth also a good team. Beat them twice. You act like these teams were a bunch of 4-6 teams who barely snuck in as a 16 seed. All of them won playoff games. Burg was a better team last night, but don’t sit here and discredit what Ironton did the rest of the season. But I’m not shocked, you also like to start rumors. Hate that people like you can even post on forums like this, what a loser!
The Ironton program reminds me of the Fairview team across the river from a few years ago. Brought in kids from all over, hit the social interwebs & hyped themselves up, beat up on OVC teams & couldn't win the big one in the playoffs. Either coach gets control soon & builds a "program" to maintain success the right way or he continues the star transfer portal crash course. The locals won't continue to support the latter without some meaningful wins. You can already hear the chatter.

IronNation95
Waterboy

Post by IronNation95 »

No program is at the point in their program where losing to Burg is a bad loss. Burg is a dang good football team. Got beat by very good teams early in the season. There will always be a few teams in SEO that are top notch teams and programs, and Burg will always be in that list.
I've always been amazed where we praise basketball teams and coaches for making it to the Convo, but destroy football teams and staff for doing equally or better. I'll never understand that one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well haven't been on here since this game ended. Congrats to Burg on pulling off the W this was truly a hard fought game. There's no reason for any coach bashing, because quite frankly if you're being honest with yourself if not for Pendleton Ironton would be still a 6-8 win program simply beating the OVC teams. I said going into this one Burg by 3 and that was because they're not great at any one thing but they do most things well and they don't hurt themselves. You could see the improvement by Burg as the season has gone a long and I just felt Ironton his a plateau after week 1 and basically stayed the course. I hate to use the word overrated but Ironton isn't the same team from the last 2 years and I think most Ironton faithful failed to see that, thinking it was a simple reload and that's not the case with the talent that had left. Good game and good luck to Burg moving forward.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Go2Guy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:08 am Congrats to Burg, good luck next week. Want to thank the Tigers for a great season. For the ones bashing Pendleton, guy has done nothing but improve the program. He has made great strides,with the program and has done so much for the players. Yes we are all down over the loss, and question the play, as far as why we didn’t run #7 all night? Why did #10 start over #12 after being out for a few games. Until you are ready to take on the job then don’t be that guy. Coach see’s these players in practice all week, he plays who he thinks will make the biggest impact to the game. With that being said stop being a fair weather fan. When the Tigers win no complaints, but when we lose all is ready to jump on that train and bash the team. These coaches and players spend a lot of time, blood, sweat and tears to make the community happy. In my eyes they do a great job. Heads up Tigers and get ready to start working for 2022!!! Go Tigers!!!!
Very good post.👍

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congratulations to Ironton and Coach Pendleton on a fine year. I would also like to wish Wheelersburg the best as you move on Saturday to play Harvest Prep.

ITigers
Waterboy

Post by ITigers »

I heard that this graduating class is the most successful ironton class regarding playoff wins of all time. The is very impressive considering the success of the past teams. I also believe these boys were freshmen when coach Pendleton came to town. I haven’t always agreed with this staffs decisions or play calling but I’m not the coach. But to assume this was a down year is far from the truth. Ironton lost to burg by 3 after giving up 5 turnovers. Hard to overcome that as burg suffered the same fate in week 1. I’m proud of both teams and wish all the best to burg against prep. Next year may be a different story for tigers but now, back to the weight room.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

S.O.C wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:11 am

Paper tigers.

Stupid post. Who cares how they beat Jackson, a win is a win. Jackson was a good team, not like they like a bad team beat them. Same with Fairland, they were a good team, not like it was a bad win. Portsmouth also a good team. Beat them twice. You act like these teams were a bunch of 4-6 teams who barely snuck in as a 16 seed. All of them won playoff games. Burg was a better team last night, but don’t sit here and discredit what Ironton did the rest of the season. But I’m not shocked, you also like to start rumors. Hate that people like you can even post on forums like this, what a loser!
The Ironton program reminds me of the Fairview team across the river from a few years ago. Brought in kids from all over, hit the social interwebs & hyped themselves up, beat up on OVC teams & couldn't win the big one in the playoffs. Either coach gets control soon & builds a "program" to maintain success the right way or he continues the star transfer portal crash course. The locals won't continue to support the latter without some meaningful wins. You can already hear the chatter.
As opposed to Burg beating up on SOC teams? The SOC is not better than the OVC like many of you guys think. Let’s count the playoff teams SOC Burg, Waverly, West, Minford, Valley. Let’s count the OVC playoff teams Ironton, Fairland, Portsmouth, Gallia, Coal Grove. Look at that 5 each. Let’s count wins in the playoffs. Ironton 2, Fairland 2, Portsmouth 1. That’s 5. SOC Burg 3 Waverly 1 that’s 4. Let’s do head to head this season. Ironton beat Burg and lost to Burg. 1-1. Fairland beat West and Oak Hill 3-1. Portsmouth beat Valley & West, lost to Waverly. 5-2. Chesapeake lost to Minford 5-3. Rock Hill beat Oak Hill 6-3. So unless I missed any OVC won 6-3 head to head. Beating teams ranked number 1, 4, 5 and 6. So I just don’t understand the SOC bias. Ironton isn’t any good because they play bad OVC teams, yet the OVC had more playoff wins, and won head to head over those same teams Burg beat? This is the same school (Ironton) who went to the state championship game back to back years, beating many good teams along the way. Beat a good Jackson team this year, but because they lose to a good Burg team in the playoffs they and the coach can’t win the big one? Are we really going to sit here and act like Burg was some average .500 team who just got lucky? Now don’t get me wrong I understand Ironton all off-season had this swagger about them like they would run stuff, and they did until this past Saturday. But the lack of credit people are giving them and bashing coach is insane. This man is 28 years old, has been a head coach what 4 years? Made 2 state championship games? I love coach Kalb at Portsmouth but my goodness I’d be a fool to say I wouldn’t love to have that kind of success at Portsmouth. Ironton fans basing coach should be embarrassed, other schools fans bashing him are clearly taking the only shot they have really had in 4 years. But give credit where credit is due people. This kid had turned Ironton around, transfers, non transfers, out of conference, ovc whatever you don’t put together a 4 year run like this by luck. Jeez!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironton will be solid again next year, but some of their fans going to have to get their expectations back to reality (no more assuming Kirtland in State Finals is their only obstacle). Ironton returns the majority of their skill players (Carpenter, Keyes, Perkins, Wilson, Wylie, etc.), but will have some major holes to fill on both the offensive and defensive lines. Their offense could be explosive next year with a healthy Carpenter back at QB, but I don't see their defense being anywhere as dominant as they were this year with the losses of Cochran, Duncan, Washington, etc.

I could see Ironton struggling early next year (open with 3 straight road games at Burg, at Jackson, at Fairland) due to new players on offensive and defensive lines, but get a lot better as year goes on and be one of top teams in Region 19 when playoffs roll around (kinda sounds familiar).*

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:00 pm

As opposed to Burg beating up on SOC teams? The SOC is not better than the OVC like many of you guys think. Let’s count the playoff teams SOC Burg, Waverly, West, Minford, Valley. Let’s count the OVC playoff teams Ironton, Fairland, Portsmouth, Gallia, Coal Grove. Look at that 5 each. Let’s count wins in the playoffs. Ironton 2, Fairland 2, Portsmouth 1. That’s 5. SOC Burg 3 Waverly 1 that’s 4. Let’s do head to head this season. Ironton beat Burg and lost to Burg. 1-1. Fairland beat West and Oak Hill 3-1. Portsmouth beat Valley & West, lost to Waverly. 5-2. Chesapeake lost to Minford 5-3. Rock Hill beat Oak Hill 6-3. So unless I missed any OVC won 6-3 head to head. Beating teams ranked number 1, 4, 5 and 6. So I just don’t understand the SOC bias. Ironton isn’t any good because they play bad OVC teams, yet the OVC had more playoff wins, and won head to head over those same teams Burg beat? This is the same school (Ironton) who went to the state championship game back to back years, beating many good teams along the way. Beat a good Jackson team this year, but because they lose to a good Burg team in the playoffs they and the coach can’t win the big one? Are we really going to sit here and act like Burg was some average .500 team who just got lucky? Now don’t get me wrong I understand Ironton all off-season had this swagger about them like they would run stuff, and they did until this past Saturday. But the lack of credit people are giving them and bashing coach is insane. This man is 28 years old, has been a head coach what 4 years? Made 2 state championship games? I love coach Kalb at Portsmouth but my goodness I’d be a fool to say I wouldn’t love to have that kind of success at Portsmouth. Ironton fans basing coach should be embarrassed, other schools fans bashing him are clearly taking the only shot they have really had in 4 years. But give credit where credit is due people. This kid had turned Ironton around, transfers, non transfers, out of conference, ovc whatever you don’t put together a 4 year run like this by luck. Jeez!
Bashing Pendleton is ridiculous. He brought Ironton football back to life from the dumpster fire it had become.

That said, Ironton does need to reflect on what has prevented them from winning a state title the past three years. Each of these three years, Ironton has come onto the field with the most individual talent versus their competition (except for the Moeller game) yet all three years they have come up empty handed.

Also, Ironton has been trending down in the playoffs over these 3 years: close loss to Kirtland in final, blowout loss in final, upset loss in regional semi-finals.

Next year, Ironton will have a ton of individual talent again (more than any other D5 school); even more so if Carter suits up. If Pendleton can’t get over the hump next year and win a title given such a talent advantage, when will Ironton be able to ever win a state title again?

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Comparing Ironton to Fairview is beyond stupid. Saying they can't win the big one, news flash nobody has beat Kirtland in several years. Bottom line they didn't play well Saturday night with a backup QB who has been injured. Not to take away anything from Burg they did what they needed to do to win and have continued to get better all season. Haters are going to hate but if there are IHS fans bashing the Coach they need to be reminded of where they were before he arrived.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:00 pm

I've talked to someone about the whole SOC II vs OVC debate this year myself and also confused why people automatically think the SOC was better. Maybe they're going based off past years as well? I think people let the bottom of the OVC weigh it down but we also have two extra schools than SOC II. Don't look at the bottom two OVC teams each year and it starts to look a lot better. Personally wish they only had six teams like SOC.. would let schools schedule more non-conference games and with less teams there could be a lower chance of such a talent gap.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:14 pm Ironton will be solid again next year, but some of their fans going to have to get their expectations back to reality (no more assuming Kirtland in State Finals is their only obstacle). Ironton returns the majority of their skill players (Carpenter, Keyes, Perkins, Wilson, Wylie, etc.), but will have some major holes to fill on both the offensive and defensive lines. Their offense could be explosive next year with a healthy Carpenter back at QB, but I don't see their defense being anywhere as dominant as they were this year with the losses of Cochran, Duncan, Washington, etc.

I could see Ironton struggling early next year (open with 3 straight road games at Burg, at Jackson, at Fairland) due to new players on offensive and defensive lines, but get a lot better as year goes on and be one of top teams in Region 19 when playoffs roll around (kinda sounds familiar).*
No Carter?

Oh, that's right. He left the team for non injury related reasons and Ironton lied. My bad. I forgot.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:37 pm Comparing Ironton to Fairview is beyond stupid. Saying they can't win the big one, news flash nobody has beat Kirtland in several years. Bottom line they didn't play well Saturday night with a backup QB who has been injured. Not to take away anything from Burg they did what they needed to do to win and have continued to get better all season. Haters are going to hate but if there are IHS fans bashing the Coach they need to be reminded of where they were before he arrived.
Do they have a winning record or a losing record in the big one?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironton has plenty of skill talent returning next year but they better hit the recruiting trail to add more talent on the line. Lots of talented kids graduating on the line this season will make it harder for the skill players to shine next year.

Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Ashland, Huntington, Russell, Raceland, and South Point... I sure hope you don't have any talented linemen because if so --- a Pendleton will be visiting your town soon!

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Football”