DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

vladimir
S

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by vladimir »

I think anyone who knows SOCII football vs. the SVC would know this would be a blow out. The only team from the SVC having success against the SOCII was Westfall when they beat Waverly when the Tigers had Trevor Walls. I believe, 2008 at Teays Valley near South Bloomfield.

W'burg just needs to keep doing their thing, and not get caught up in the history or the Cavaliers. History is just that, the past and not this years team. W'burg has their own list of accomplishments, and will find a way to beat Coldwater.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Congrats to Burg

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

The other site has the matchups and locations posted

Wheelersburg vs Canton Central Catholic (at Zanesville)

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

But don't bank on it

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

:o
burgbball wrote:The other site has the matchups and locations posted

Well I guess we will know Sunday afternoon. The assistant commissioner's tweet is b/c he's an ass't, :mrgreen:

According to the computer points, the match-ups should be:

1_Wheelersburg: 26.5192
4_Canton CC: 18.75

2-Edison:25.75
3-Coldwater: 22.05

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

burgbball wrote:The other site has the matchups and locations posted

Zanesville beat Jackson. Doubt if they will host since they will be traveling also

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

From all the way here in Thailand in the Far East congrats to the Burg now you get to play ColdH2O at Xenia. Great place to play but come early as the CH2O will bring a huge following and I know the Burg will too. Just wish I could be there to see it.

Agentsmith
Riding the Bench

Post by Agentsmith »

Burg dominated as they have all year minus game 1 that they still won. This next game will define just how good this Burg team is and I hope they rise to the occasion. 2 years running Scioto county has a team in the state tourney. Hope we can get a win this time!

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly did a nice job hosting. The workers I encountered were friendly and helpful. The field itself is as nice as you will find in southern Ohio…heck the entire state. Parking was not a problem. The farthest walking distance to the stadium should not have been over 10 minutes. That's as good as it gets anywhere. There was a log jam getting to some of the parking sites which often happens when there are that many cars. Some of that could have been avoided if more people would have used the back streets. Not sure if there were police helping to direct traffic?

The only issue I saw was seating. As someone else stated this game was the perfect storm for having a huge crowd. SOC vs SVC…. Two teams both 12-0…..excellent weather……and just about the only two teams left in southern Ohio.

Waverly will be looking into adding additional seating and have already been in contact with the company that put in the stands. We are committed to hosting in the future. Given our location and everything we have going for us we will have a good shot at doing this again.

Zane Trace shot themselves in the foot in the first half with penalties, fumbles and a turnover. Second half was all Burg.
Last edited by toast on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Of course zt had success running the ball, they were 12-0 and in the regional championship. Burg was up against and beat a good team. But I've consistently said all year that the burg has the ability to put teams in third and longs on their drives. Then they bring in their quick d line and it's very difficult to get a clean pass off. What's exciting is burgs run offense has turned into a lethal weapon. Burg has a legitimate shot at winning the state and is definitely one of the best in the state.

stickem
Freshman Team

Post by stickem »

Just my two cents

Waverlys facility looked awesome, a huge headache with traffic trying to get in. Great hospitality, and by far the best bratwurst I've had.

Wheelersburg o-line once again dominated and set the tone for the game.

zt's qb didn't look the same after the sack towards the end of the 1st half when he came up limping

After going 21-0 zt look defeated and wore down

And finally for there to be over 5000 people there last night, that may have been the quietest football game I've heard in the second half.

Good luck the rest of the way pirates F.B.T

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Watched this on the replay last night. ZT didn't really play that bad. Could have score 3TD.
Looked like the visitors side had a bunch of empty seats but they were a lot of people standing.

Waverly does have a nice place.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the wheelersburg pirates. I thought down deep all along this one was gonna go this way and be a blowout. ya'll are peaking at the right time. just concentrate on the next one. any word on who that is yet.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burgbacker85 wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
BobSugar wrote:
Agree completely. Looks like they're hoping for a Coldwater/Canton CC championship game. Don't know why anyone would want to see that again. Hope Burg can spoil their plans.
Xenia?! How the hell is that fair. That's screwing us big time
Mapquest the distance between the two schools and Xenia. Closer to Coldwater by only 30 miles. Not as big of difference as you guys think. Consider Coldwater is the #1 team in the state and Wheelersburg is the #2 team the edge would go to them and based on distance it does.
I disagree. That is the AP Poll which has absolutely nothing to do with the playoffs. Wheelersburg finished as the overall #1 seed in DV with the most points by anyone. Coldwater finished 3rd in their region. While I agree that Xenia is a fair distance between both schools, Coldwater being #1 in the AP has nothing to do with the seeding in the playoffs or where the game is played. I actually thought is would be in Dayton but Xenia is closer for us.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I figured Dayton as well myself.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Richard
Waterboy

Post by Richard »

Congratulations to Wheelersburg. They definitely outplayed us. Best team I've seen in lots of years and I think they will win the state. Great year to my ZT

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

noreply66 wrote:Watched this on the replay last night. ZT didn't really play that bad. Could have score 3TD.
Looked like the visitors side had a bunch of empty seats but they were a lot of people standing.

Waverly does have a nice place.

Hard to tell if they would have scored or not. ZT did keep shooting themselves in the foot and I think on the fumbled pitches the runner was trying to set up to throw a pass and then just dropped the ball. Burg just knuckled down when they needed to. No. 44 was a beast but he was flat wore out in the 2nd half.

The huge thing to me was that the QB was unable to scramble away from pressure with the ankle injury and you could tell he looked like a good running QB.

ZT has nothing to be ashamed of going 10-0 in the regular season and then making a regional final is a huge deal.

Any word on the young man that was hurt? Did he have to have surgery this morning?

Burgbacker85
Waterboy

Post by Burgbacker85 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Burgbacker85 wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
Xenia?! How the hell is that fair. That's screwing us big time
Mapquest the distance between the two schools and Xenia. Closer to Coldwater by only 30 miles. Not as big of difference as you guys think. Consider Coldwater is the #1 team in the state and Wheelersburg is the #2 team the edge would go to them and based on distance it does.
I disagree. That is the AP Poll which has absolutely nothing to do with the playoffs. Wheelersburg finished as the overall #1 seed in DV with the most points by anyone. Coldwater finished 3rd in their region. While I agree that Xenia is a fair distance between both schools, Coldwater being #1 in the AP has nothing to do with the seeding in the playoffs or where the game is played. I actually thought is would be in Dayton but Xenia is closer for us.
The system for high school football in Ohio good but nowhere near perfect. Point are given based on division. The being said Wheelersburg could play teams such as Northwest and game huge computer points because of their school size. Doesn't give you the "eye test". Bars on history of Coldwater and the fact that they are returning state champs that has to put them above us. In reality none of this matters to the kids that are playing the game. All they care about is the fact they get to pay one more game this year.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

P(irate) wrote:I couldn't imagine Waverly ever getting another regional championship game to host. The parking was horrible too. But I will say. It was a great atmosphere. Being 6'4" I didn't care to stand in the 4 the row. I can see over most anyone.

Yeah, but the point is that for a regional championship NO ONE should have to stand unless that is what you want to do. Waverly was in no way capable of handling that crowd. Bad decision by the OHSAA. Nobody should have to $9 and then have to stand the entire game and if you didn't get there by 5:30, or have someone saving you seats, then you were standing.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burgbacker85 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Burgbacker85 wrote:
The system for high school football in Ohio good but nowhere near perfect. Point are given based on division. The being said Wheelersburg could play teams such as Northwest and game huge computer points because of their school size. Doesn't give you the "eye test". Bars on history of Coldwater and the fact that they are returning state champs that has to put them above us. In reality none of this matters to the kids that are playing the game. All they care about is the fact they get to pay one more game this year.

While I agree that the kids and coaches could care less were or who they are playing and I like other Burg fans will travel no matter how far to watch them play, what happened last year should have no bearing on this year. Burg is the overall #1 seed and is the home team for the entire bracket all the way to the finals and that should be taken into consideration when locations are chosen. I have no problem with Xenia. It will be easily accessed by going up 23 to Chilli and then taking 35 to Xenia. It's a about a 2 hour drive though.

Return to “Football”