JV Team

Re: WK10 OVC CHIP Ironton v Portsmouth

Post by Pinwheel »

Early night at the Clark ,not even close

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Pinwheel wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:07 pm Just bring all that Lawrence county money to p town ,the Ribber is waiting
plus Burg at West, Ribber gonna be HOPPIN

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

No clue what to make of last weeks Ironton game, they should have won that handedly. I think they right the ship this week and blow the Trojans out.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:09 am No clue what to make of last weeks Ironton game, they should have won that handedly. I think they right the ship this week and blow the Trojans out.
I think both teams overlooked there opponents and it almost bit both of them in the butt. I think both teams will be firing in all cylinders.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

Portsmouth has a chance but first thing that needs done is get it out of the kids head that ironton is unbeatable. Teams seem to be mentally beat before the first snap. They are kids just like the other team. And line has to give Duncan a few seconds. Line needs major work in practice, south point ate the line alive, that worries me for Friday.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Beergogglebluez: You just made a great point about Portsmouth coming out with the right attitude and not being intimidated by the so-called Ironton mystique. They are undefeated but they haven't rolled over everybody. Another good point you made is about the O-line. They have to give Tyler Duncan good protection which didn't happen vs. South Point.

Portsmouth has some good athletes which are very comparable to what Ironton has. One stark difference between the 2 teams is that Ironton has been way more consistently good than the Trojans have. At times, PHS looks unfocused and undisciplined, but at other times looks better than it's 6-3 record shows.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:08 am
Pinwheel wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:07 pm Just bring all that Lawrence county money to p town ,the Ribber is waiting
plus Burg at West, Ribber gonna be HOPPIN

I forgot about that , yes the smokers will be going hard

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Portsmouth almost got Ironton last year in the playoffs, really close to the same teams this year.

"Any given night"

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

shouldn’t the title be ‘ship not chip it is called a championship after all

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Huge game but I just don’t think Portsmouth has what it takes to be the blemish on Ironton’s record. It would take Ironton’s worst game of the season and Portsmouth’s best and then some. However it is cool that there’s something on the line for this game other than bragging rights. Ironton would secure the OVC by itself, get the number 1 seed in region 19 and have a perfect record heading into the playoffs. Portsmouth would secure a share of the OVC, finish at 7-3 and end up with a home playoff game. No lack of motivation should be had from these 2 schools. Sadly I’ll take Ironton 44-13.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

I would be very surprised if Portsmouth doesn't score at least 21 points , Portsmouth offense is one of the best I've seen, especially if they put the ball in the right hands in the run game,if they run Truit up the gut and Pendleton around the end they can move the ball and control some clock ,time of possession is crucial for Portsmouth, have to keep Ironton offense off the field to even have a chance to compete.

Still think Ironton wins pretty easy ,sadly when Ironton rolls in all the other schools are intimidated

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good Luck to both for an injury free game so both can advance post season.

It would finally be great to see the Tigers have a solid effort in every aspect of the game!

LET GO of the pressure of all this TALENT & SKILL talk WE have Heard ALL SEASON, & even I AM guilty of as a fan, & have a healthy physical & mental mindset from here on out.

Move out of the past & create your own reality.

#GoTgo

eagle one
Freshman Team

Re: OVC CHIP Ironton v Portsmouth

Post by eagle one »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:13 am
GoBigI wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:26 am
SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:19 pm

If Portsmouth plays anything like they did tonight, I promise you they won't lose by 30 lol
Doesn’t matter how they play, they’ll lose this one by 30 or more.

I will be at the ribber from 3 pm till game time on that game day and I will take that bet all day long ,even in our worst game this year no way we lose to Ironton by 30 !!

Yes Ironton will and should be the favorite,but not by 30 points
if they cut back on the penalties they will have a running clock good lord they beat the point by 7

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

any one streaming this game?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Portsmouth strength is the offense and irontons strength is the defense. Going to be fun. As someone said truett is the best back for this week. The Portsmouth line is what worries me. I know they have playmakers but that blocking vs south point was atrocious. Defensive line has been fun to watch and have freshman and sophomore’s.

Beergogglebluez
SE

eagle one wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:37 pm any one streaming this game?
Spectrum 1 is carrying the game.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

eagle one wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:36 pm

I will be at the ribber from 3 pm till game time on that game day and I will take that bet all day long ,even in our worst game this year no way we lose to Ironton by 30 !!

if they cut back on the penalties they will have a running clock good lord they beat the point by 7

Obviously this post was before the point game if you look at dates ,but I still stand by my statement,you giving 30 ?

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

eagle one wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:36 pm

Who gives a poop how much they beat SP by? That’s meaningless when it comes to this game. That’s the same as saying Ironton will only win by 9. They beat Gallia by 7, Portsmouth lost to Gallia by 2 so Ironton will only win this game by 9. Ironton only beat Fairland by 21, Portsmouth by 34. Comparing scores, comparing common opponents is pointless. Doesn’t pertain to this game.

522Jefferson
Waterboy

Tigers and Trojans

Post by 522Jefferson »

IHS and PHS having been playing football since 1902. This Friday will be the 131st meeting, with Ironton holding a sight edge with 62 wins, 61 losses, and 7 ties. Ironton has averaged 17.43 points and Portsmouth 17.78 points over the past 130 contests. The have played every year since 1902, with the exception of 1904, 1905, 1912,1913, 1918, and 1964.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Tigers and Trojans

It’s the state’s 2nd oldest rivalry. I forgot what the first one was. These 2 will play each other no matter what conference they ever go to.

Return to “Football”