Wk 3: Zanesville 27 @ Fort Frye 40 Final

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Re: Wk 3: Zanesville (1-1) @ Fort Frye (2-0)

Post by Muffler »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:48 pm Can FF win it all this year?
If Kirkland and Marion Local drop out of the state then yes. But not with those two teams.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye 40
Zanesville 13

3rd

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets getting wore down.

Zanesville 20
Fort Frye 40

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye lost some key guys

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Zanesville scores

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

40-27

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets once had a running clock

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets grinding out this win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets get the first down to secure the win. Held the ball the last 6 mins.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Final

40-27

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hopefully none of the injuries are serious.

Muskie740
Waterboy

Post by Muskie740 »

Unfortunately looks like a couple of the are

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Backups did step up on offense. Cadets held the ball for last 6 mins. They were gassed at the end after getting up 40-6. Backup Rb Bill Riddle had over 100 yards in second half. Owen had a bunch of yards as well. That’s what sucks about being smaller teams injuries can kill you. I do think Fort Frye has the depth to be a very good team still. On to Waterford.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Wk 3: Zanesville 27 @ Fort Frye 40 Final

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Cadets on the win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye with another 472 yards of offense only punted 1 time.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I made the trip to Beverly last night and attended my first live game since Covid turned our lives upside down. Love small town football, the atmosphere was fantastic, the concessions, top notch, and the ladies working the concession stand by the home bleachers were just awesome. Super friendly and were truly have a great time working there. I've missed the electricity generated at these games. It was great to see such a nice turnout and community support for your team. Obviously, the game was a tale of two halves, with FF dominating the first half, and then getting dinged up pretty good in the second half. Zanesville had some athletes, and their QB was a handful once he got his legs going. I was impressed with the line play, and the size of the Cadets. Not a stretch here to say the best team in the region, I hope they heal up and have some post season success again this year. Oh, and the military tribute pre-game was just so well done, it really pulled at the heart-strings. Well worth the drive, and the $6 admission. Best of luck the rest of the way this year to FF, you've got a really nice team.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Steely Dan wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:51 am I made the trip to Beverly last night and attended my first live game since Covid turned our lives upside down. Love small town football, the atmosphere was fantastic, the concessions, top notch, and the ladies working the concession stand by the home bleachers were just awesome. Super friendly and were truly have a great time working there. I've missed the electricity generated at these games. It was great to see such a nice turnout and community support for your team. Obviously, the game was a tale of two halves, with FF dominating the first half, and then getting dinged up pretty good in the second half. Zanesville had some athletes, and their QB was a handful once he got his legs going. I was impressed with the line play, and the size of the Cadets. Not a stretch here to say the best team in the region, I hope they heal up and have some post season success again this year. Oh, and the military tribute pre-game was just so well done, it really pulled at the heart-strings. Well worth the drive, and the $6 admission. Best of luck the rest of the way this year to FF, you've got a really nice team.
Good stuff, SD. Even better to see you around on here!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea Zanesville didn’t even have an offensive score in first half. Cadets played a lot of the JV in the second half. Fort Frye still had way to many missed tackles. Hopefully Cadets heal up by Linsly game week 6.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:16 pm
Steely Dan wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:51 am I made the trip to Beverly last night and attended my first live game since Covid turned our lives upside down. Love small town football, the atmosphere was fantastic, the concessions, top notch, and the ladies working the concession stand by the home bleachers were just awesome. Super friendly and were truly have a great time working there. I've missed the electricity generated at these games. It was great to see such a nice turnout and community support for your team. Obviously, the game was a tale of two halves, with FF dominating the first half, and then getting dinged up pretty good in the second half. Zanesville had some athletes, and their QB was a handful once he got his legs going. I was impressed with the line play, and the size of the Cadets. Not a stretch here to say the best team in the region, I hope they heal up and have some post season success again this year. Oh, and the military tribute pre-game was just so well done, it really pulled at the heart-strings. Well worth the drive, and the $6 admission. Best of luck the rest of the way this year to FF, you've got a really nice team.
Good stuff, SD. Even better to see you around on here!
Thanks! I plan on increasing my presence on here again during FB season, I've just had way too much going on recently. Those things have cleared, so I am looking forward to enjoying the season and sharing my thoughts when appropriate, and reconnecting with my friends on here. :D

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....

Return to “Football”