All Conference

Re: Can Ironton beat Moeller?

Post by vcgrad »

Ironton over Moeller by 3.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Kicker. wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:46 am David took his mighty stone and slung it at Goliath so we know how that went. Anything can happen, the kids from Moeller will take a nice trip to a part of the state I guarantee 90% of them have never been to as well should be a dandy of a game regardless
Moeller is no Goliath.actually I feel Ironton is taller than them.Tigers by 10. :)

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:39 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:28 pm Best SEO players that are also good at Madden would wisely use a Wing playbook and hold on for dear life in a one-score win.
The only Ohio athlete that will ever be on the Madden cover is from Athens. All other Ohio athletes look average compared to the SEO kid :lol:
You mean the seo kid that got beat out for the spot by a DMV kid so he ran down south, went pro, then got hit last season by another DMV kid ( Chase Young) so hard it became a whole hilight by itself? 😂😂

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

You mean the SEO kid who after starting his college football career as a backup at Ohio State, he transferred to play for the LSU Tigers in 2018, where he became the starter and eventually led LSU to the College Football Playoff National Championship in 2019.

Burrow passed for over 5,600 yards with 60 touchdowns that season, the latter being the most in a single season in NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) history. He won several awards and honors for his performance, including the Heisman Trophy and Maxwell Award. Many journalists and sportswriters deemed the season to be one of the greatest ever by a college quarterback.

He was selected first overall by the Bengals in the 2020 NFL Draft and is now a multi-millionaire.

Post your accomplishments speed for comparison. :lol:

740Timothy
Waterboy

Post by 740Timothy »

Gcl south is a different beast, ironton might keep it close in the first half but when halftime comes its gonna get ugly. Harsh reality.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

speed I asked what you have accomplished, so I take that as nothing as compared to someone you bashed. Exactly what I expected. :lol:

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

GCL South is the best football conference in Ohio; one of the best in the entire country. The four schools in the GCL South have won 7 state titles in the past ten years, with Moeller winning two of them.

Moeller and the other GCL schools also play a brutal non-conference schedule. So brutal that Ironton will be the least talented team on their schedule this season.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Would like to see the Tigers win but Moeller is on a different level. It will be a good experience for them to play a team of this caliber. Just hope the Tigers get outta this one with no injuries.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:55 pm GCL South is the best football conference in Ohio; one of the best in the entire country. The four schools in the GCL South have won 7 state titles in the past ten years, with Moeller winning two of them.

Moeller and the other GCL schools also play a brutal non-conference schedule. So brutal that Ironton will be the least talented team on their schedule this season.
People dont reside in reality.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:04 pm Speed must be on some good meth in his village :lol:
The only star I know is a kid from Akron. #KingMe

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:05 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:29 pm The only star I know is a kid from Akron. #KingMe
Basketball is a JV sport in America
Joe has the jv bank account between the two. Lol

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:03 pm
Kicker. wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:46 am David took his mighty stone and slung it at Goliath so we know how that went. Anything can happen, the kids from Moeller will take a nice trip to a part of the state I guarantee 90% of them have never been to as well should be a dandy of a game regardless
Moeller is no Goliath.actually I feel Ironton is taller than them.Tigers by 10. :)
Moeller may not be a Goliath but according to their roster Ironton is certainly not taller.
https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/a ... roster.htm

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

The way the Burg played Ironton was awful. Better teams can cause turnovers, which I haven't seen anybody give Ironton credit for. Sometimes you play up to the potential of how talented the other team is. Ironton will need to do this to stay close. Hopefully, Moeller's talent doesn't over run the Le Tigres.

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

frankie wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:50 pm You mean the SEO kid who after starting his college football career as a backup at Ohio State, he transferred to play for the LSU Tigers in 2018, where he became the starter and eventually led LSU to the College Football Playoff National Championship in 2019.

Burrow passed for over 5,600 yards with 60 touchdowns that season, the latter being the most in a single season in NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) history. He won several awards and honors for his performance, including the Heisman Trophy and Maxwell Award. Many journalists and sportswriters deemed the season to be one of the greatest ever by a college quarterback.

He was selected first overall by the Bengals in the 2020 NFL Draft and is now a multi-millionaire.

Post your accomplishments speed for comparison. :lol:
Speeds accomplishments include:

Basement boy keyboard champion- He's burnt up more keyboards posting on the internet from his mommy's basement than anyone in history. His records will probably never be broken unless by him. :mrgreen:

Madden champion of his mommy's basement. No one else down there because he's scared of COVID, so there's no one to challenge him. :mrgreen:

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:38 am
Bdog_198807 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:11 am Absolutely and I am a burg fan. Not trying to over estimate but Ohio is a very powerful football state this Ironton team is special I wouldn't be afraid to say they could beat about 75% or more of the country. They just seem Nasty kinda like that 2017 burg team maybe better. I'm definitely rooting for them to bring another trophy down south. It's definitely not burg's year..
Lol tell me you've never seen high school football in south florida up close, w/o telling me you've never seen high school football in south florida up close.
Wow before everyone laughs me off here. I know there are several big football states. Do you realize how many high school football teams there are just in Ohio? I would venture to guess there are more bad teams than good that's the only reason I said 75% and I'm sure it's that way everywhere. Go to calpreps and put Ironton in and project them against a random team from a random state. Do that until Ironton gets beat. It may take a while. You all are talking about maybe 10 states with powerhouse football. What about the other 40?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I agree.Ironton would be top 5 team in a lot of states.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

According to max preps there are approximately 820 high school football team in OH and Ironton is ranked #25 of all of those. What is that percentage?

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

I still say Moeller wins big, until Ironton wins a game of some signifance and not a team with big hype and weak linesand 4 turnovers, I say verdict is still out, OVC is really weak, so I say if not for the turnovers and a team with stronger lines.Ironton is very beatable and if Jackson holds on to ball and there lines stand up, this will be a dog fight.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

two types of turnovers

from contact and non-contact---If the defense gets a turnover from contact that is to their credit
If it is from non-contact that will go on the offense. But you could credit it to the defense as they are shaking the offense up. At the end of the game if the turnover are from contact with the defense you shouldn't say.....IF

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Bdog_198807 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:38 am
Bdog_198807 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:11 am Absolutely and I am a burg fan. Not trying to over estimate but Ohio is a very powerful football state this Ironton team is special I wouldn't be afraid to say they could beat about 75% or more of the country. They just seem Nasty kinda like that 2017 burg team maybe better. I'm definitely rooting for them to bring another trophy down south. It's definitely not burg's year..
Lol tell me you've never seen high school football in south florida up close, w/o telling me you've never seen high school football in south florida up close.
Wow before everyone laughs me off here. I know there are several big football states. Do you realize how many high school football teams there are just in Ohio? I would venture to guess there are more bad teams than good that's the only reason I said 75% and I'm sure it's that way everywhere. Go to calpreps and put Ironton in and project them against a random team from a random state. Do that until Ironton gets beat. It may take a while. You all are talking about maybe 10 states with powerhouse football. What about the other 40?
American Heritage
IMG.
Duncanville ( tx)
Miami Central
St John Boscoe
Mater Dei ( who last season had around 20 D1 recruits. ( 4 & 5 stars)
List is endless. You people really need to get out more. Sheesh 😂

Return to “Football”