August 27, 2021 Ironton 13 - 10 Jackson (Game of the Year)

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Week 2… Jackson @ Ironton

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good luck to the Tigers

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Ironton by 2 scores. Jackson wins when they’re supposed to and sometimes get upset, but in this case they’re the underdog therefore history tells you they won’t win. Ironton is to physical

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:48 pm Ironton by 2 scores. Jackson wins when they’re supposed to and sometimes get upset, but in this case they’re the underdog therefore history tells you they won’t win. Ironton is to physical
Vinton rarely wins . So there is that.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:24 pm
Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:48 pm Ironton by 2 scores. Jackson wins when they’re supposed to and sometimes get upset, but in this case they’re the underdog therefore history tells you they won’t win. Ironton is to physical
Fair, and thats your opinion. Just like I have my opinion about Jackson. Best facilities around, best community support, some of the best athletes along with some of the best surrounding athletes transferring in and still can’t win the big game when it matters. Just like getting upset in the playoffs last year but when do they ever go in as an underdog and upset someone. I was simply saying they go to tank stadium as an underdog and history says they will lose. Most likely get out coached

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:57 pm Good luck to the Tigers

Come on now….you can’t just jump on here and start suckin up in the first post in forever haha

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:51 pm
Fair, and thats your opinion. Just like I have my opinion about Jackson. Best facilities around, best community support, some of the best athletes along with some of the best surrounding athletes transferring in and still can’t win the big game when it matters. Just like getting upset in the playoffs last year but when do they ever go in as an underdog and upset someone. I was simply saying they go to tank stadium as an underdog and history says they will lose. Most likely get out coached
That whole paragraph was just sheer utter stupidity.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:01 pm

How?! Are you telling me Chillicothe was the better team last year? Are you telling me Tri Valley was the better team ? Come on buddy

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:07 pm
How?! Are you telling me Chillicothe was the better team last year? Are you telling me Tri Valley was the better team ? Come on buddy
You do realize that Jackson lost almost all its line , backfield , quarterback , defensive line , and secondary from the previous year . But all good , haters will hate.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:20 pm

You do realize that Jackson lost almost all its line , backfield , quarterback , defensive line , and secondary from the previous year . But all good , haters will hate.
But reload with Winters, Spires, Wolford and Davis. :lol: Hey, best of luck Friday

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:00 pm

Come on now….you can’t just jump on here and start suckin up in the first post in forever haha
I wished them luck last week as well :)

6O HORN3TS 🐝
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Especially The last sentence.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:27 pm

I saw ya…..had to hackle ya some

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:23 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:20 pm

But reload with Winters, Spires, Wolford and Davis. :lol: Hey, best of luck Friday
You do realize football is 11 players right. Jackson was 5 points from being 7-0, a year after going 11-1. But thanks for the support, will take a great effort to beat a powerhouse like Ironton at the Tank.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

With some the truth hurts...........as of reading most of tinman's98 posts..........he seems to be the type that needs a tissue here and there..........agree with you flexi...........the tiggers this year will be too much for the tinmen to handle............tiggers run away with it the second half..........................

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

That was a head scratching loss but 35 years of watching almost every Jackson game, rarely do they not show up. I hope Jackson plays for some pride.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:28 pm

Are they airing games on Facebook again? I watched quite a few on there last year

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Are they airing games on Facebook again? I watched quite a few on there last year
https://youtu.be/bG7E3SUFmnI

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:37 pm

Thanks will watch it shortly. What about future games? They had a site on Facebook last year but I can’t remember what it was called

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:13 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:45 am Irontons will get more fight at the poa from Jackson. Remains to be seen what kinda push and who gets the advantage. Ironton should feature Keys in backfield and let Howard & co fill in and get reps. At QB, I think Wylie has the rhythm right now. He should go ahead and start friday night and bring Carpenter along accordingly. Both are very good at what they do. Carpenter bring a buncha big game experience, Wylie is an athlete and a playmaker. Kid doesn't play or act like he is afraid of the moment. And between the two I think Wylie has more dual threat ability.

A QB "controversy" only happens when a staff handles it poorly and/or players are emotionally immature. A team w a collective purpose can handle any change with poise and move forward and focused.

Irontons defensive line and linebackers are the gem of SEO. It doesn't get much better.

Irontons wideout combos and especially Perkins/Masters/Duncan/Wilson/Keys/ etc etc etc is deep. Lotta motivation to open up the playbook.

Irontons offensive line ok. Lotta penalties up front. Need to clean that up and continue tryin to get their blocks to the 2nd level. If they can be consistent and allow a big, fast back like Keys to find a rhythm where he really starts seeing his spots and things slow down for him visually, he is gonna be really difficult to contain and is gonna start gettin you 7/8 yards per carry. And if that happens Wylie is gonna be really worrisome for defenses w his arm and his legs.

Irontons secondary is the area to pay attention to. One returning starter along w a bunch of youth.

Ironton needs to be more careful on sp team fielding kicks. Dont force it and take unnecessary risk.
I agree, great assessment.
Ty. If the o line can clean it up, find their rhythm, and Keys continue to establish himself as the premier back ( I actually think he is a more talented pure rb than Carter for example) its gonna open up Irontons offensive potential a lot and make them really difficult to stop.

Defensively: secondary. Secondary. Secondary. Young room. Need reps and film nonstop. Gonna be asked to make plays this season. Gotta grow into their roles fast!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:41 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:37 pm

Thanks will watch it shortly. What about future games? They had a site on Facebook last year but I can’t remember what it was called
Same site as youtube. Mytowntv. This upcomimg fri vs Jackson will be available and I believe Moellar is being carried on local cable affiliate.

Return to “Football”