Consolidation Topic

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Burg and Green combining?

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

farmer wrote:If this does happen not all of Greens students will go to Burg. Some will go to the other districts in the area.

The combining of schools can make schools to big. Where unlike the reason people went to the Cheers Bar on tv. Why because everyone knows your name. That is good for some students and bad for others. The Govenor may want this done but maybe he should enforce the court rulings on funding. As well as having higher gas prices to go with longer bus rides. The deals that the local and state goverment has given the big business which are located in the district but do not pay full taxes to support the Green Schools has hurt. This will also not help if the schools combine.

You are absolutely right, this Tax break for busineses is a two edged sword, if you don't give them the Tax breaks they'll find somewhere else to go and then you end up losing much needed jobs. You give them the Tax breaks and your not getting the Tax support for your schools.

I worked for a Foreign owned company in WV for 5 years and they asked for their Tax breaks to be extended, the State declined to extend the Tax breaks so the business closed shop and moved their production back overseas and now ship their finished product back to the States. (The Auto Industry)

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Thanks Daniel ,
Tiger Bait , I ment no disrespect about D Lewis playing @ Ironton . I knew he was @ Green in Jr high.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

boilermaker wrote:Thanks Daniel ,
Tiger Bait , I ment no disrespect about D Lewis playing @ Ironton . I knew he was @ Green in Jr high.
------------------------no disrespect taken, i hadn't read the whole post was just trying to tell who it was , he left in like 6th grade for a couple of years, because when i was coaching pee wee, at rock hill. he was at green a couple of years.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

FYI, Nelsonville-York and Trimble will be combining soon some of trimble students will go to Athens, Morgan and a few to Fed Hock, that is until Fed Hock and Alex combine!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Guys something has to be done. Consolidation will enable the districts to offer more academic classes. Streamline costs. Yes athletics will take a hit at first. Does Scioto County really need twelve high schools?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bengalfan76 wrote:Guys something has to be done. Consolidation will enable the districts to offer more academic classes. Streamline costs. Yes athletics will take a hit at first. Does Scioto County really need twelve high schools?
No they dont.....Portsmouth and Glenwood should consolidate.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
bengalfan76 wrote:Guys something has to be done. Consolidation will enable the districts to offer more academic classes. Streamline costs. Yes athletics will take a hit at first. Does Scioto County really need twelve high schools?

Clay and New Boston are building new schools. At least New Boston was supposed to if they settled on a piece of land.

Just throwing it out there, but maybe that is part of the reason Portsmouth gets shot down for SOC entry. If they consolidate those schools, Portsmouth would be huge playing in a small school conference.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Criminal to build to HS for those small schools consolidate them and Build one HS.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

siderman wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:

Clay and New Boston are building new schools. At least New Boston was supposed to if they settled on a piece of land.

Just throwing it out there, but maybe that is part of the reason Portsmouth gets shot down for SOC entry. If they consolidate those schools, Portsmouth would be huge playing in a small school conference.
no way this has anything to o with Portsmouth and the soc, Portsmouth has been getting shot down for many years,,even befor anyone built new schools...

and New Bosto has their site, they are working on it now..the old swimming pool area is where the new boston school will be.

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

I went to see a friend of mine in a Christmas Program at Ironton Elementary and there were 84 kids in the 4th grade. If half were boys and I think that more than half were girls but lets say half were boys. Multiply that by 3 and that would be 126 boys for three grades, Hummm Division 6.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

FIDO wrote:
biggdowgg wrote: and New Bosto has their site, they are working on it now..the old swimming pool area is where the new boston school will be.
I thought I read on here where they decided to build near the old wal mart because the area around the pool is a known flood zone..
This is what the radio said a while back.

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Post by Baz55 »

Yeah Darius Lewis did play at green. I played with him on A team football. Then i transferred to CG.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO wrote:
biggdowgg wrote: and New Bosto has their site, they are working on it now..the old swimming pool area is where the new boston school will be.
I thought I read on here where they decided to build near the old wal mart because the area around the pool is a known flood zone..

they did talk about it, but went with the pool location, they have already started the constrution on the land by the pool,they are removing a lot of the hill side from behind the pool , and the stadium

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I am not sure if the funding has been totaly approved for the new school yet,I do know that is the site they decided on, and are working on it now.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Ask anyone in Gallia county what they think of consolidation! It is awful!!!!! Thank God we only had to suffer through 6 years of it and then someone woke up and realized it was not going to work.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

This was bound to happen soon or later. The state of Ohio cannot afford to fund the costs of the smaller schools, and if they do not pass levies then where is the $ going to come from? I think Green/ Wheelersburg, and the Minford/South Webster/Eastern is a great idea. Most kids that want to play football from S. Webster and Eastern are going to Minford anyway.

What about Sciotoville East? I know a few years ago it was in the works to get them with PHS but it didn't pan out. Why didn't it? New Boston to PHS is a good idea and Clay to Valley makes sense too.

Northwest is a D-4 school so I think they'll stay.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I know of people who have talked for years about their being an East Lawrence County and West Lawrence County high school. Looks like the state is starting the process in Scioto County first.

eccedomusscientiae
Freshman Team

Post by eccedomusscientiae »

I would think that IF the State stepped in, they would have to have a plan for more than two schools. The green High School property would most likely be sold and the State would need to find an appropriate location to build a new consolidated High School. One would think that East, Burg and green would be consolidated into one school. Maybe the property off of US52 and Gallia Pike would accomodate a new school. The new schools at Burg could become middle school and elementary.
The State would then probably discover all of those Terry's that are on the books as "Sherry's" at Burg. LOL, just joking about Burg being ike the only school in southern ohio with more girls than boys. that was a joke too.

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

if green shuts down a lot of the athletes i think would go to rock hill. the line for rockhill is only a few miles from green anyway. I think that would be a better fit, rock hill is divIV, so it would help them in sports more than the burg, who would have to stepup a div.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

So what is going to happen to all these new multi-million dollar schools that have been built within the last decade ie. Minford,South Webster,Valley,Wheelersburg etc. I could see Green and Burg combining. East could go to either Minford or Burg. South Webster and Minford I'm not so sure about. Both have schools <10 years old.

Return to “Football”