Hillsboro 3 - 42 Jackson

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Jackson (8-0) @ Hillsboro (3-5)...Week 8

Post by Poo Bear »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:46 am Time to invite the tunnel
Of tradition and give them the tunnel of white jackets to tun through at home going 10-0. It’s only fitting.
Man we gotta clean some things up to beat Chillicothe. Week 9 and still way to much holding , personal fouls, dropped passes , turnovers , fumbles , careless with the football , miscommunication....I know you’ll have penalties and things but this team will not reach its potential until they clean those things up. I feel like the team could get even better , especially on offense . And it’s a group effort , not one or two players , having said that wow what an exciting week for Jackson football . Good luck boys , we’re behind you.

Nibbles
Waterboy

Re: Hillsboro 3 - 42 Jackson

Post by Nibbles »

These players are not taking these penalties seriously, especially when they look at the sideline and wave their hands like it’s no big deal.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Nibbles wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:43 am These players are not taking these penalties seriously, especially when they look at the sideline and wave their hands like it’s no big deal.
It’s not just the penalties, it’s in game mistakes too. But I agree , sit a kid for quarter not one play.

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:47 am
Nibbles wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:43 am These players are not taking these penalties seriously, especially when they look at the sideline and wave their hands like it’s no big deal.
It’s not just the penalties, it’s in game mistakes too. But I agree , sit a kid for quarter not one play.
I realize we don't know everything that goes on in a locker room or at practice, but there seems to be no punishment for silly penalties, or cheap shot penalties(from time to time), or not running the routs correctly, or blocking for people, etc. They are mistakes. Everybody makes them, but They've got to clean this up before playoffs.
It was a great win though. On to 10-0, But we won't get far after that if we don't play smart.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

SEOP2001 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:58 am
I realize we don't know everything that goes on in a locker room or at practice, but there seems to be no punishment for silly penalties, or cheap shot penalties(from time to time), or not running the routs correctly, or blocking for people, etc. They are mistakes. Everybody makes them, but They've got to clean this up before playoffs.
It was a great win though. On to 10-0, But we won't get far after that if we don't play smart.
Agree and don’t forget the turnovers , picks, fumbles , not being on same page. Thank goodness Jackson can run the Ball and and play defense. Week 9 should be farther along than this.

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:04 am

Agree and don’t forget the turnovers , picks, fumbles , not being on same page. Thank goodness Jackson can run the Ball and and play defense. Week 9 should be farther along than this.
This should be a cleaner football team by now.
Taking things for granted in the thinking that “we’ll win anyway”. Seems to be some laziness in the thinking and execution. Thinking we can get away with these things against most of our competitors to this point might lead us to think we can next week or in the playoffs. That thinking will be a mistake.
Last edited by SEOP2001 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

SEOP2001 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:39 am

Taking things for granted in the thinking that “we’ll win anyway”. Seems to be some laziness in the thinking and execution.
Just feels like Jackson could be better. Up 21-0 at half , should’ve been 35-0. Jackson biggest battle has been against themselves. Just try and get better for week 10.

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:47 am
Taking things for granted in the thinking that “we’ll win anyway”. Seems to be some laziness in the thinking and execution.
Just feels like Jackson could be better. Up 21-0 at half , should’ve been 35-0. Jackson biggest battle has been against themselves. Just try and get better for week 10.
Jackson is better and can be a lot better but stubbornness is limiting the potential of the offense.

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

JohnDenver wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:03 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:47 am
Jackson is better and can be a lot better but stubbornness is limiting the potential of the offense.
Stubbornness? I don’t follow.

Return to “Football”