Final: Ironton 10 Russell (KY) 0

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2 - Russell, KY (2-0) at Ironton (1-0)

Post by Larry Fine »

Better bring it for 4 quarters . Russell won’t quit like Wheelersburg did.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Larry Fine wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:26 am Better bring it for 4 quarters . Russell won’t quit like Wheelersburg did.
Or have injuries to two key players.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:32 am
Larry Fine wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:26 am Better bring it for 4 quarters . Russell won’t quit like Wheelersburg did.
During the scrimmages it’s was “athletes everywhere” ..

Last two Wheelersburg games have been blow out losses . No way they get blown out 3 games in a row ...

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Larry Fine wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:35 am

Last two Wheelersburg games have been blow out losses . No way they get blown out 3 games in a row ...
Wrong thread , we don’t care if wheelersburg gets blown out again but FYI it’s gonna happen

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Tripaces wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:28 am

Wrong thread , we don’t care if wheelersburg gets blown out again but FYI it’s gonna happen
That's going to happen, no doubt. Excellent Hartley team. But to you FYI- and the other kids posting on here, other than being Burg haters, you really should want every team you play to go 9-1. You want teams to win out the rest of the year to get Ironton maximum playoff points. They probably won't teach you that in school today, but it does help come playoff time!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

kantucky wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:43 pm As great as the 1989 State Champs Ironton Fighting Tigers were, the Red Devils gave them all they wanted. Ironton's Terry Lowe's talent was discovered in that game.

Anyway, Tigers by 17
tuck, I agree. Russell always fields a fine football team, always has. make no mistake everybody. this is a big game, against a bigger school district, and a perennial playoff team. this will not by any means be a week that we can overlook or take an opponent lightly.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

can't have a burg hangover, or be looking towards a next game or anything. from what I know of trevon. he'll bring his team into no game unprepared.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OH SNAP, OH NO YOU DIT UNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT JUST HAPPENED. :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I do hope burg goes 9-1. I absolutely do. they are not enemies, they are honored, respected rivals. I hope they come out of this on top. but it's gonna be a tall task, especially down 2 qb's. but I wish em luck. and Hartley is a beast. the last year Hartley and ironton played. ironton won the regular season game. then lost to Hartley in a rematch in a playoff game. and I believe Hartley won the state after beating ironton.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:43 am I do hope burg goes 9-1. I absolutely do. they are not enemies, they are honored, respected rivals. I hope they come out of this on top. but it's gonna be a tall task, especially down 2 qb's. but I wish em luck. and Hartley is a beast. the last year Hartley and ironton played. ironton won the regular season game. then lost to Hartley in a rematch in a playoff game. and I believe Hartley won the state after beating ironton.

tough task to do beatin the same team twice in a year

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thing is county, we could have won that game. it was very close. they had a great back. I think he went to Indiana. and may even be in the nfl now. if I'm not mistaken. if you were to watch that game, we missed so many tackles. no excuses, we beat em once, but just could not wrap up tackling during the playoff game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if memory serves me right it was at logan. 1st time I saw their new stadium. it was awesome.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Russell wins 17-10.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:57 am thing is county, we could have won that game. it was very close. they had a great back. I think he went to Indiana. and may even be in the nfl now. if I'm not mistaken. if you were to watch that game, we missed so many tackles. no excuses, we beat em once, but just could not wrap up tackling during the playoff game.
The last year Hartley and Ironton played was 2013 at Hartley. BH laid a whopping on Ironton. The year previous, 2012, Hartley came down to Ironton and laid an even bigger whooping. I believe that matchup was the one where the Ohio News Network (ONN), the since-defunct statewide cable news and high school sports programming network that reached two million or so cable subscribers, broadcasted as the state game of the week. Or was that the year prior, 2011? Anyways, that Hartley team was ungodly impressive and better than the 2010 team you’re referring to (will get to that in a second.) TE went to Notre Dame, they beat the Bishop Leurs team featuring - NFL star for the Cowboys - Jaylon Smith who would go on to win the Indiana state title but BH themselves fell victim to one of the best small school teams in Ohio history in the 2012 Clinton-Massie Eagles in the final four.

The team/game you’re referring to was 2010. Hartley would go on to win the state title that year. In the regular season, Hartley came down to the river and got back-smashed by the Tigers. After surviving a nightmarish Heath team (had an electrifying running back) in week 12, Hartley pulled off what was considered an upset against an incredible Ironton team in the regional final. I believe the game was at Logan. The week after, in the final four, Hartley pulled off an incredible win (went for 2 and won) against a Kettering Alter team led by future Notre Dame qb Malik Zaire. Their opponent in the state title game, Chagrin Falls, was ironically their least or second-least toughest opponent in the playoffs all year. Hartley dominated them.

The running back that year for Hartley you’re referring to was Noah Key – I believe he had 40-45 touchdowns that season. His dad, Keith Key, played for Bo Schembecler at Michigan. The toughest thing though about Hartley was their very advanced Wing-T that was more spread-based and filled with more playmakers than Key himself. Omar Lane, the wingback, ran a 4.3 and would go on to do track at D2 Tiffin. Ja’wuan Woodley was another electrifying wing/h-back, and in the playoffs they had a freshman running back who was brought up to varsity that came alive — I believe even scored against Ironton in the playoffs. Great line, too — wasn’t the biggest but was athletic and well-conditioned.

Noah Key would go on to play at Toledo, but did not pan out. Wasn’t a grades or character issue, but rather a combination of Toledo not meeting him as a young man where he needed a college coaching staff (full of adults that pitch themselves as caring about the kid as an individual) to meet him most plus some things going on in his life at home that were bigger than football. Good guy.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

BurgBaskets wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:05 am
Tripaces wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:28 am

That's going to happen, no doubt. Excellent Hartley team. But to you FYI- and the other kids posting on here, other than being Burg haters, you really should want every team you play to go 9-1. You want teams to win out the rest of the year to get Ironton maximum playoff points. They probably won't teach you that in school today, but it does help come playoff time!

What I want and what is going to happen is two different things , I would love to see wheelersburg win teams from the local area beating Columbus teams is a good thing and for your FYI I’m not a kid

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Ironton fans must pack the house and be on their feet for the FighTing Tigers when they magically arise from your feet.
They’ve been under your ass getting their heads in the Game, so Get off your ass and show them gratitude for the first week of glory they brought back to the Tank.

Stay on your feet for an extended time to show coach “PenTon” & crew how thankful We are for his arrival, excitement, & expertise that has been brought back to the most successful high school football program in southeast Ohio high school football Ever!
PERIOD…
!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP!
Do NOT SLEEP ON Russell.

gotigersgo!!!
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
~2019~

#PenTon
#PenTon
#PenTon

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

They are gonna get HOUSED tonight boss.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:45 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:43 am I do hope burg goes 9-1. I absolutely do. they are not enemies, they are honored, respected rivals. I hope they come out of this on top. but it's gonna be a tall task, especially down 2 qb's. but I wish em luck. and Hartley is a beast. the last year Hartley and ironton played. ironton won the regular season game. then lost to Hartley in a rematch in a playoff game. and I believe Hartley won the state after beating ironton.
Two weeks ago the burg base was all over this forum telling us they were 5 QB's deep and had blistering "team speed." 🤷‍♂️😂😂

tough task to do beatin the same team twice in a year

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

[quote=countywide35 post_id=1789503 time=1567773939 user_id=4547

Two weeks ago the burg base was all over this forum telling us they were 5 QB's deep and had blistering "team speed." 🤷‍♂️😂😂

“Tough task to do beatin the same team twice in a year!

Get to 11

~~To “DO” Beatin the same team twice in a year~~

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Where are all the tiger fans?

FOUR PAGES ON A VERY IMPORTANT GAME?!?

PUH-Thectic!

Return to “Football”