Waverly Tigers 2019

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Waverly Tigers 2019

Post by greygoose »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:56 pm Anyone know if the jv participates in Friday's scrimmage or just varsity? I know this one the is jamboree game, so suppose to be more game like then last weeks.
Typically you'll see varsity play about 2 quarters and the JV squads matchup after that, usually the coaches have that worked out ahead of time so you've got JV vs JV and they're getting reps in.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Hope all goes well at Portsmouth tonight. We need to keep everyone healthy for next week

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Just announced varsity will play 1st half, Jv second half.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

With 3:30 left in the first Waverly scores on their second offensive possession. An interception by Sweptson gave Waverly the ball at the 40yrd line. 5 plays later Futhey hits futhey for a 4yrd TD pass. Score 7-0 Waverly

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OldTiger wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:21 pm With 3:30 left in the first Waverly scores on their second offensive possession. An interception by Sweptson gave Waverly the ball at the 40yrd line. 5 plays later Futhey hits futhey for a 4yrd TD pass. Score 7-0 Waverly
Actually that should say futhey hits Futhey..... lol.
Thanks for the update...

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

8:57 left in the 2nd
Parker with a 3yrd run up the middle TD Portsmouth
Score Waverly 7
Portsmouth 7

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Of course Shanks is still out. Has Wolf seen any action? Would be very limited if he did get in.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

With 3:42 left Waverly scores with a 7rd pass from Futhey to Zeke Brown. Score Waverly 14 Portsmouth 7

Wolfe saw some time during this series. This was his first series. He was targeted one time for a 2yrd loss.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

That ends the 2nd Qtr and the varsity time
Waverly 14
Portsmouth 7

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OldTiger wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 pm That ends the 2nd Qtr and the varsity time
Waverly 14
Portsmouth 7
Did Parker play the entire first two quarters? Heard he might play sparingly.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

He played the whole half.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

smurray wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:03 pm
OldTiger wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 pm That ends the 2nd Qtr and the varsity time
Waverly 14
Portsmouth 7
Did Parker play the entire first two quarters? Heard he might play sparingly.
I don’t remember him NOT being in. He was there every play from what I saw.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

End of Jv “game”
Portsmouth 14
Waverly 0

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

OldTiger wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:21 pm With 3:30 left in the first Waverly scores on their second offensive possession. An interception by Sweptson gave Waverly the ball at the 40yrd line. 5 plays later Futhey hits futhey for a 4yrd TD pass. Score 7-0 Waverly
What is up with Swepston he did not see much playing time. He seemed to do very well when he was on the field.

Stulley was a huge surprise to me. Looks like he has grown a good bit.

I was disappointed to see the line. I think that may be the biggest weakness.

Wolfe told me personally he has been cleared for a few weeks by doctors but coaches is who limited him to little contact t this preseason.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:10 am
What is up with Swepston he did not see much playing time. He seemed to do very well when he was on the field.

Wolfe told me personally he has been cleared for a few weeks by doctors but coaches is who limited him to little contact t this preseason.
Yes, the line is very very young and still missing their returning starter at center, the only starter from last year on the line. No senior starters on the line.

Wolf was cleared a few weeks ago to start working out but no contact.
They have worked him back slowly as should be.
The last thing you want is him re-injuring it in preseason. He’s just a junior so work him back slow. The projected date was week 3. He’ll most likely be back week one.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I enjoyed watching waverly last night. I don’t think they had there starting quarterback or receiver playing. But I love watching the pass. And waverly has other receivers with good hands. Good luck to waverly this year. I think they will be pretty good and proud of Portsmouth keeping it close.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Unusual to get cool weather this early. Made for a nice evening of football. I didn't realize Waverly was "that" young. Lots of sophomores and a couple of freshman starting.

I thought the Tiger defense did a pretty good job bottling up Parker...Man is he fast! Can't let receivers get behind our DB's on scrambles, but I'm sure that will be addressed. Some really nice catches by our receives and Wade did a good job getting them the ball. We should be competitive in most games.

Portsmouth's defense looked faster than last year. Parker of course is a threat to go the distance on every play. Good Luck to both teams.

The Drone over the field was icing on the cake :) I want one!

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

smurray wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:40 am

Yes, the line is very very young and still missing their returning starter at center, the only starter from last year on the line. No senior starters on the line.

The last thing you want is him re-injuring it in preseason. He’s just a junior so work him back slow. The projected date was week 3. He’ll most likely be back week one.
Wolf is still trying to get his speed and cutting abilities back. If you watched him last night he didn’t have near the speed he had in the past and he only did straight patterns or the turn and catch. Week three was the expected return for him.

I’m sure Sweptson will be a starter come game time. I know he was nursing some rib swelling earlier in the week. Probably limited him last night to continue healing.

For most of The O line last night was their first varsity start. The one kid out there that does have varsity experience was moved from guard to center so out of his element as well. Hopefully they can get some kids healthy this week and put things back in order. I have heard a rumor that Senior lineman Zack Brown May be able to return for the second half of the season which will help cement that line together come playoff time.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OldTiger wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:37 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:40 am

Wolf is still trying to get his speed and cutting abilities back. If you watched him last night he didn’t have near the speed he had in the past and he only did straight patterns or the turn and catch. Week three was the expected return for him.

I’m sure Sweptson will be a starter come game time. I know he was nursing some rib swelling earlier in the week. Probably limited him last night to continue healing.

For most of The O line last night was their first varsity start. The one kid out there that does have varsity experience was moved from guard to center so out of his element as well. Hopefully they can get some kids healthy this week and put things back in order. I have heard a rumor that Senior lineman Zack Brown May be able to return for the second half of the season which will help cement that line together come playoff time.
Yes, Zack Brown hoping to return mid season.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

"Yes, Zack Brown hoping to return mid season."

Zack coming back would be a nice boost. Good news I wasn't aware of. Phoenix seems to be making good progress also.

Return to “Football”