Wheelersburg(38) @ (14)Jackson

BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg 4-0 @ Jackson 4-0

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:15 pm
BlueDevilfan87 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:27 pm most of the Ironmen fans won't admit it, but they struggled big time in the first half against Gallia Academy. While GAHS is up and coming, they still have another year or so before they become a true quality team. In a game such as Burg if you struggle you're done for!
Struggled? Please enlighten us.
Don't know specific stats, but given that GA held them to 13 pts in the first half you can see that they weren't moving the ball effectively. Jackson's first score didn't come until way late in the 1st quarter. the purpose of the above post was if Jackson struggled to consistently run the ball on GAHS then they will have all sorts of problems with the Burg. by the nights end Jackson at memorial field certainly found their way around the field but it took some wearing down of the Blue Devil defense.....I have a suspicion they won't be wearing the Burg defense down though. Jackson's first half rushing yards were not completely revealing of their struggle because of two big runs.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

BlueDevilfan87 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:18 pm
BlueDevilfan87 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:27 pm most of the Ironmen fans won't admit it, but they struggled big time in the first half against Gallia Academy. While GAHS is up and coming, they still have another year or so before they become a true quality team. In a game such as Burg if you struggle you're done for!
Don't know specific stats, but given that GA held them to 13 pts in the first half you can see that they weren't moving the ball effectively. Jackson's first score didn't come until way late in the 1st quarter. the purpose of the above post was if Jackson struggled to consistently run the ball on GAHS then they will have all sorts of problems with the Burg. by the nights end Jackson at memorial field certainly found their way around the field but it took some wearing down of the Blue Devil defense.....I have a suspicion they won't be wearing the Burg defense down though. Jackson's first half rushing yards were not completely revealing of their struggle because of two big runs.
400 yards of offense for Jackson
125 for gallipolis

34 points for Jackson
0 points for gallipolis

13 at halftime , meh maybe that looks bad
But gallipolis is much improved , and Jackson had TD driver killed by holding penalties.

But you're correct . Wheelersburg will be very hard to do anything with Friday evening .

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

It can happen from time to time. Teams can start off slow. It obviously didn't matter in that outcome. For Jackson to be successful on Friday night, they will HAVE to throw the ball. If they watch any film this week, it will be obvious where to throw to. They just can't make the mistake of throwing over the middle. Both safeties that alternate are fast and ball hawks. It will be a task to get one by them. Of course Jackson will have to establish some sort of a running game. That alone will be a daunting task. Not saying it can't happen. But I would be surprised to see it happen.

BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:51 pm

It can happen from time to time. Teams can start off slow. It obviously didn't matter in that outcome. For Jackson to be successful on Friday night, they will HAVE to throw the ball. If they watch any film this week, it will be obvious where to throw to. They just can't make the mistake of throwing over the middle. Both safeties that alternate are fast and ball hawks. It will be a task to get one by them. Of course Jackson will have to establish some sort of a running game. That alone will be a daunting task. Not saying it can't happen. But I would be surprised to see it happen.
Jackson is obviously a good team. However, to get their passing game and running going against the burg, I just don't see it. They don't pass well against bad teams let alone one of Burgs caliber. Also, they struggled to get going in the 1st half of the Fairfield Union game. Seems to be a common theme for this years Jackson team.
Last edited by BlueDevilfan87 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:28 pm

125 for gallipolis

34 points for Jackson
0 points for gallipolis

But gallipolis is much improved , and Jackson had TD driver killed by holding penalties.

But you're correct . Wheelersburg will be very hard to do anything with Friday evening .
honestly wasn't being mean against Jackson, but they didn't due to well in the first half against Fairfield Union either. and I was at both the GA and FU game. Jackson seems to be a team that gets going once they've worn down the opposing defense! As you said it will be tough to do anything against Burg, which was my point.......Jackson doesn't have room for a 3rd straight week of a poorly played 1st half.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The FU game was a torrential downpour the first half . But I agree Jackson has played cupcakes so far. We'll see how they handle playing a team who isn't afraid to hit back

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BlueDevilfan87 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:17 pm

125 for gallipolis

34 points for Jackson
0 points for gallipolis

honestly wasn't being mean against Jackson, but they didn't due to well in the first half against Fairfield Union either. and I was at both the GA and FU game. Jackson seems to be a team that gets going once they've worn down the opposing defense! As you said it will be tough to do anything against Burg, which was my point.......Jackson doesn't have room for a 3rd straight week of a poorly played 1st half.
I agree with you 💯. I was just giving a little insight on how they COULD be successful. If they start slow, I would not be surprised if it was 28-7 at the half. They have to come out firing on all cylinders to stay in this one. Burg will feel everything out on their first drive. They will take what the D gives them and work off of that. Funnel screens, read option, jet sweep, slants and fades.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:20 pm The FU game was a torrential downpour the first half . But I agree Jackson has played cupcakes so far. We'll see how they handle playing a team who isn't afraid to hit back
They will definitely get hit.

BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:20 pm The FU game was a torrential downpour the first half . But I agree Jackson has played cupcakes so far. We'll see how they handle playing a team who isn't afraid to hit back

very true! nasty game all over!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:24 pm
They will definitely get hit.

So will Burg so let's meet in Jackson Friday night and do this . lol

BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

125 for gallipolis

34 points for Jackson
0 points for gallipolis

I agree with you 💯. I was just giving a little insight on how they COULD be successful. If they start slow, I would not be surprised if it was 28-7 at the half. They have to come out firing on all cylinders to stay in this one. Burg will feel everything out on their first drive. They will take what the D gives them and work off of that. Funnel screens, read option, jet sweep, slants and fades.
I hope it's a good game! could potentially be the game of the year in SEOH!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

BlueDevilfan87 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:29 pm

potential yes.. outcome no

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Maybe Alex and Wellston will be game of the year !

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I think it already is one of the best games of the year every year. I don't think it needs any more potential. No matter the outcome here, this is the best game in SEO for time being. Hands down.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:27 pm

You're on to something here Poo Bear.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Pasteur just updated. Burg jumped from 3rd to first this week in his rankings. #80 in Ohio

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I hate the Apple Festival excuse.

Gonna be a ridiculous crowd

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:01 pm

It'll be an electric environment.
Great atmosphere.
Great respect for wheelersburg program.
Andy hall a former pirate
Larry hall a former great pirate coach
Great stadium

Maybe we'll have a competitive game for a few minutes.
Either way a good test for Jackson to see how good they really are.
And for burg a good test and the kids will get to play in a playoff type atmosphere.

Should be fun .

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Wow glad you think so highly of wellston. But lets be real its not gonna be like that wellston will win by 4 tds so not GOTY

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:20 pm
P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:01 pm

It'll be an electric environment.
Great atmosphere.
Great respect for wheelersburg program.
Andy hall a former pirate
Larry hall a former great pirate coach
Great stadium

Maybe we'll have a competitive game for a few minutes.
Either way a good test for Jackson to see how good they really are.
And for burg a good test and the kids will get to play in a playoff type atmosphere.

Should be fun .
It will be a great place to be.

Return to “Football”